Author Topic: New Whipping boy nominees  (Read 7401 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: New whipping boy candidate - Cotchin
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2016, 09:15:44 PM »
So Dooks, you are putting Cotchin in the same category as Batch and Morris... :o
Certainly not! Those blokes couldn't tie Cotchins shoelaces & hopefully we won't have to put up with them for much longer but Cotch is Captain & he's got much talent but has to learn to out perform a hard tag.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: New whipping boy candidate - Cotchin
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2016, 09:26:55 PM »
He is not a whipping boy then, delete thread.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: New Whipping boy nominee - Jake Batchelor
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2016, 09:29:14 PM »
2015 Elimination final

Batch - 14 disposal and 4 tackles (in which Hardwick asked him to play out of his depth on Waite)
Cotchin - 9 disposals and 0 tackles. 

But Batch gets the greater proportion of criticism.

Coach? Captain?

How many times during that final was Batchelor tagged again?

tony_montana

Re: New Whipping boy nominee - Jake Batchelor
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2016, 09:32:49 PM »
Yep, I'm a fan of batch but he needs to step up and take it to the next level now.

reckon he'll lose his spot to Broad

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Whipping boy Winner - Conca
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2016, 09:45:47 PM »
Conca's a good player. Easily best 22 if fit.
Cruelled by injury, Conca has never been able to give us his best. I agree with you that if fit is in our best 22. Trouble is that he's rarely fit.

Here's hoping that changes because it will help our chances no end. Watch the Hawks game last year, Reece had a big impact.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Who will be the whipping boy out of the new recruits
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2016, 10:00:30 PM »
What joke?  There are 6 threads, count them.  And I reckon 9000+ posts on here over many years when it was a decent forum suggest I know if Chucky's joking.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2016, 10:17:28 PM »
 :facepalm
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2016, 10:22:28 PM »
What joke?  There are 6 threads, count them.  And I reckon 9000+ posts on here over many years when it was a decent forum suggest I know if Chucky's joking.
Whatever makes your world go around....
I see it as Chucky at his satirical best.....
A bit of his way of saying what you are, but if you can't see that, nobody can help you out.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Whipping boy Winner - Conca
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2016, 10:23:10 PM »
Conca's a good player. Easily best 22 if fit.
Cruelled by injury, Conca has never been able to give us his best. I agree with you that if fit is in our best 22. Trouble is that he's rarely fit.

Here's hoping that changes because it will help our chances no end. Watch the Hawks game last year, Reece had a big impact.
:thumbsup

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2016, 10:39:20 PM »
Yarran & Andrew Moore
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: New Whipping boy nominees
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2016, 10:40:15 PM »
Hardwick
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2016, 09:44:07 AM »
A bit of his way of saying what you are, but if you can't see that, nobody can help you out.

Opening 6 non-nonsensical threads is what I'm talking about, in jest or otherwise.  It's a perfect example of the type of thing that has taken made this forum not worth contributing to.  And if you can't see that then maybe you could self-diagnose some assistance for yourself seeing you're so good at distance diagnosis for others.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2016, 01:44:55 PM »

Opening 6 non-nonsensical threads is what I'm talking about, in jest or otherwise.  It's a perfect example of the type of thing that has taken made this forum not worth contributing to.  And if you can't see that then maybe you could self-diagnose some assistance for yourself seeing you're so good at distance diagnosis for others.
As far as I can see the only one complaining here is you. I have not contributed negatively to any of the threads you are posting about. In fact I've only made a comment about Conca and a constructive observation of Griffiths. The mods have cleaned them up too. Instead of whinging and being rude, why don't you report them to the mods and have them look at them if you find them distasteful. It is the off season if you haven't noticed. Posters are having a bit of fun on here because they are bored. I don't care if you have 9000 or 90000 posts too. If you have a beef with the posters that are doing this "posting that has turned away others and have made this forum not worth contributing to", why don't you PM them and tell them how you feel? Instead, you have a go at me and start getting personal just because I made the comment that Chucky's post was satirical (which was bloody obvious), but you didn't think it was funny. You're getting aggressive and rude to a poster that does not do what you are whining about anyway. Why don't you direct your anger at those who create the posts that you think are inappropriate rather than me?

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: New Whipping boy nominees
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2016, 02:00:23 PM »
I think it's very sad that a poster like Smokey , who over the years has been a marvellous contributor to this forum has become so ambivalent.

Yellowandblackblood , I also hear you - it's been a long and boring off season ( not helped by some excruciatingly boring cricket ) . I don't know how many times we can say - "we need to win a final "
This forum needs a game of football badly. The season can't come soon enough.
I get annoyed too when I get jumped on for saying anything remotely positive ( which is ironic because I started the recent whipping boy series )
Unleash the tornado

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2016, 03:12:58 PM »

As far as I can see the only one complaining here is you. I have not contributed negatively to any of the threads you are posting about. In fact I've only made a comment about Conca and a constructive observation of Griffiths. The mods have cleaned them up too. Instead of whinging and being rude, why don't you report them to the mods and have them look at them if you find them distasteful. It is the off season if you haven't noticed. Posters are having a bit of fun on here because they are bored. I don't care if you have 9000 or 90000 posts too. If you have a beef with the posters that are doing this "posting that has turned away others and have made this forum not worth contributing to", why don't you PM them and tell them how you feel? Instead, you have a go at me and start getting personal just because I made the comment that Chucky's post was satirical (which was bloody obvious), but you didn't think it was funny. You're getting aggressive and rude to a poster that does not do what you are whining about anyway. Why don't you direct your anger at those who create the posts that you think are inappropriate rather than me?

Lol.  I have no idea of the relevancy of what any comments you made in any of the threads has to this except to try and paint yourself a picture of victimisation.  I never addressed anything to you personally at any point except in reply to your rude comments "Whatever makes your world go around...." and then "if you can't see that, nobody can help you out", suggesting I was a fool because I couldn't see what Chuck was saying.  As I pointed out, I am quite able to see what Chuck was getting at and I never directed a comment at him because I didn't have an issue with it, despite your attempt to paint me otherwise.  My comment right from the start (and remains so) is an observation that we had 6 separate threads discussing whipping boys at the club in which there had been ongoing discussions, serious or not.  On a number of levels it highlighted to me why I don't enjoy much of the conversation on here any more and that was all my point was and still is.  You made it personal and then chose to be the victim so that's your problem not mine.