Author Topic: Is any one positive??  (Read 9647 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Is any one positive??
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2016, 07:26:46 PM »
Saying you 'd prefer another side's coach to our current one doesn't mean you support that team.....after all, you ultimately just want us to have (who you think is) the better coach and not them...

does that really have to be spelled out ?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2016, 07:44:18 PM »
I'm positive that we need to be suitably negative on poor performances and suitably upbeat on good performances without going over the top either way!

Then we can all post in harmony! :cheers

And we all do feel that way, respectively.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2016, 07:53:51 PM »
Saying you 'd prefer another side's coach to our current one doesn't mean you support that team.....after all, you ultimately just want us to have (who you think is) the better coach and not them...

does that really have to be spelled out ?

To some around here, apparently so....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2016, 11:04:50 AM »
Roos would dominate with this list

After two years master coach Roos has had 11 wins at the helm of Melbourne.

After two years Dimma had taken " worse than Fitzroy " to 14.5 wins .

Now Roos can't be bothered finishing what he started.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2016, 11:11:11 AM »
Roos would dominate with this list

After two years master coach Roos has had 11 wins at the helm of Melbourne.

After two year Dimma has taken " worse than Fitzroy " to 14.5 wins .

Now Roos can't be bothered finishing what he started.
In Roos defense he only took the job on with everyone knowing he would only ever do it for three years. He had also won a flag with Sydney and that is something hardwick is yet to achieve.

My opinion is Roos is a better coach than Dimma, however, that's not saying Dimma is bad coach. Just not better than Roos.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2016, 11:14:07 AM »
I love how Claw describes us as a middling side who could easily be poo. But Melbourne are a crap side who could easily be good.

Why not the other way? Why aren't we a middling side who could be good, and Melbourne a crap side who could be even crapper? It's not like the Dees have a recent history of success either.

That's the thing with Claw, he always errs on the side of hate with us. He never misses a chance to pot one of our players, doesn't seem to get excited about anything, and he giggles his arse off whenever someone makes a disparaging joke about the club, whether it's funny or not.

I struggle to believe that he's a genuine fan and not just some sort of opposition troll (im thinking Melbourne or WC).

Go Dees!

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2016, 11:15:12 AM »
We I've decided I'm going to enjoy all the winning we are going to have this year - because there is going to be lots of it.

The closet Collingwood supporters we have on this forum can enjoy another year without finals while they are drooling over the figjam rebuild .

Feel free to condemn my positivity with a big "I told you so " after a loss in the Grand final / preliminary final / semi final or God forbid the Elimination final.

We are entering Tiger Time.
lol just for mat, another one to hang your hat on. Go the dees, yeah i have a soft spot for them. I do for most underdogs probably why i still support our rabble.
How about this. Melbourne will win a final before we do. After all our history suggests its more than possible.

At the end of the day the real onus is on our footy club, to produce. maybe when/if  they do  the justified criticism will cease.

By the way to suggest those of us who are negative dont enjoy winning!!!!!!!  how naieve and just plain ignorant.
Well, you stuck out your neck last year and said Melbourne would finish above us.

If you say it every year you are bound to be right one day.
lol I said it the yr before that as well. There is always some flower sniffer full of outrage because you suggest it.Then like now its a bit of fun but i think it a real possibility to go with it.

If we had a bad year i thought it was possible i think its possible again. Dont know how many times i have said i think the competition has evened up big time and  we are a middling side  along with about 10 sides just to make the 8. We may well easily make the 8 but it is a real possibilty that we could miss as well.

I would not be surprised if say  melbourne or gws gcs coll  geelong  stk pa made the 8 with a bit of luck,  all missed finals last year. I think 5 of them would have the 8 penciled in as the target. Then you have the bottom half of the top  8, lump em all together and you have one hell of a dog fight. and i dont think the gap between them all that big.
Imo it would not take much to slip down the ladder.
Hmm Melbourne improve  which really should happen and we slip which is a possibility and  bingo there ya go.

Where were they at last year?  i would say between Richmond of 2011 / 2012.

Melbourne won 7 games in 2015

Richmond won 8.5 games in 2011
Richmond won 10.5 games in 2012.

Where were Richmond at last year ? I would say between West Coast of 2003 / 2004
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2016, 11:18:09 AM »
Let's Write home to grandma.

12th instead of 15th. Whoopy do. And the bonus of worse draft trading in numerous list blockers

Roos openly said or at least insinuated consistently he didn't want to work at that rabble and only caved in after offer more and more buckets of cash

He said from day 1 he would manage them 2/3 years max 
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2016, 11:25:02 AM »
I love how Claw describes us as a middling side who could easily be poo. But Melbourne are a crap side who could easily be good.

Why not the other way? Why aren't we a middling side who could be good, and Melbourne a crap side who could be even crapper? It's not like the Dees have a recent history of success either.

That's the thing with Claw, he always errs on the side of hate with us. He never misses a chance to pot one of our players, doesn't seem to get excited about anything, and he giggles his arse off whenever someone makes a disparaging joke about the club, whether it's funny or not.

I struggle to believe that he's a genuine fan and not just some sort of opposition troll (im thinking Melbourne or WC).

Go Dees!

Rubbish

#StandByClaw

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2016, 11:37:23 AM »
Imagine if we had paid Malthouse a truckload of money to coach Richmond back in 2010.

Imagine if he said 3 years and I'm done.

Imagine if the best he could do was seven wins - that's Frawley-esque.

Let's not forget posters views on Terry Wallet.

Paul Roo$ is doing a fine job at Melbourne - the highlight of his tenure is beating us.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2016, 11:46:08 AM »
Imagine coaching an AFL club for seven years.

In the era of salary caps, draft, free agents and equalization. And still not winning a final

Paul Roo$ is a fine senior coach. Would blitzkrieg it with our list which is arguably better than the grand final winning;

Paul Bevan   
Nic Fosdike
Adam Schneider
Luke Ablett
Lewis Roberts-Thomson
Amon Buchanan typpes

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2016, 12:13:41 PM »
You left out an era of compromised drafts.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2016, 12:31:41 PM »

In the era of salary caps, draft, free agents and equalization. And still not winning a final

Paul Roo$ is a fine senior coach. Would blitzkrieg it with our list which is arguably better than the grand final winning;

Paul Bevan   
Nic Fosdike
Adam Schneider
Luke Ablett
Lewis Roberts-Thomson
Amon Buchanan typpes
Where does Grigg, Chaplin, Hamspson stack up in comparison to those blokes you just named?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2016, 12:37:19 PM »

Paul Bevan   
Nic Fosdike
Adam Schneider
Luke Ablett
Lewis Roberts-Thomson
Amon Buchanan typpes
Where does Grigg, Chaplin, Hamspson stack up in comparison to those blokes you just named?

IMHO

Deledio
Rance
Reiwoldt
Martin
Cotchin

and friends are overall more talent than what roo$ had to work with in 05/06

That group of players you mentioned hardhead had a say in bringing them in. But more importantly he didnt drop them year and year after poo performances and more and more kids missing out

You left out an era of compromised drafts.

fair enough

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2016, 01:07:31 PM »
Paul Roos record in his final four seasons at Sydney 45 wins from 88 games . Won 2 out of 4 finals.

Last time he won 15 games in a home and away season was 2005.
Unleash the tornado