Author Topic: Is any one positive??  (Read 8779 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Is any one positive??
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2016, 02:40:44 PM »
My negative outlook has been justified for the LAST 34 YEARS.Can anyone in all seriousness argue otherwise. When they  Actually achieve something it may change.
At no stage in those 34 years have i thought we have a premiership squad or even built a list that is more than middling, despite 5 finals apperances in those 34 yrs lol.

At the end of the day the top measurement for success is premierships. I would say the next measurement is actually winning finals and giving yourself a chance.
In 34 yrs we have played finals just 5 times and have not won a final in 15 years.
Most of our current players have failed abysmally in three finals,  to use a favorite term around here a lot of them can be termed glass half fulls.
Is all the negativety justified in general terms? Imo i think it is. Is all the positivity justified well with the above record Imo no.Are people entitled to hope for better?  of course but that is all it is atm hope.

I can understand anger if all you get is say a poster going dud delist and little else. But if posters actually quantify their reasons for not rating a player  or the clubs performance then no one should complain. That poster is entitled to his view and his opinion just as the positive poster who quantifies his post is. it doesnt mean either is right and it doesnt mean either is wrong, i do  believe both are entitled to voice those opinions.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »
We I've decided I'm going to enjoy all the winning we are going to have this year - because there is going to be lots of it.

The closet Collingwood supporters we have on this forum can enjoy another year without finals while they are drooling over the figjam rebuild .

Feel free to condemn my positivity with a big "I told you so " after a loss in the Grand final / preliminary final / semi final or God forbid the Elimination final.

We are entering Tiger Time.

I think there are a couple of Melbourne supporters as well just quietly

#shouldofgotpaulroos
Unleash the tornado

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2016, 02:43:36 PM »
I should add, if ya don't like a player say nothing. Silence says a whole lot more about a player than one that is worthy of praise.

SO so spot on.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2016, 02:54:18 PM »

I can understand anger if all you get is say a poster going dud delist and little else. But if posters actually quantify their reasons for not rating a player  or the clubs performance then no one should complain. That poster is entitled to his view and his opinion just as the positive poster who quantifies his post is. it doesnt mean either is right and it doesnt mean either is wrong, i do  believe both are entitled to voice those opinions.

I love the way you quantify your reasons for not rating Vickery here. Very measured and contains factual evidence.

THAT HE GROWS SOME BALLS AND STOPS PLAYING LIKE A FAIRY. Get rid of the weak prick.He could kick 50 in a season and i still wouldnt  pee on him if he was on fire.
Unleash the tornado

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2016, 03:01:32 PM »
We I've decided I'm going to enjoy all the winning we are going to have this year - because there is going to be lots of it.

The closet Collingwood supporters we have on this forum can enjoy another year without finals while they are drooling over the figjam rebuild .

Feel free to condemn my positivity with a big "I told you so " after a loss in the Grand final / preliminary final / semi final or God forbid the Elimination final.

lol just for mat, another one to hang your hat on. Go the dees, yeah i have a soft spot for them. I do for most underdogs probably why i still support our rabble.
How about this. Melbourne will win a final before we do. After all our history suggests its more than possible.

At the end of the day the real onus is on our footy club, to produce. maybe when/if  they do  the justified criticism will cease.

By the way to suggest those of us who are negative dont enjoy winning!!!!!!!  how naieve and just plain ignorant.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 06:03:21 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2016, 03:36:21 PM »

I love the way you quantify your reasons for not rating Vickery here. Very measured and contains factual evidence.

THAT HE GROWS SOME BALLS AND STOPS PLAYING LIKE A FAIRY. Get rid of the weak prick.He could kick 50 in a season and i still wouldnt  pee on him if he was on fire.
Ah the Vickery expectations for 2016 thread.
Yep agree it was a harsh opinion that implied he plays soft and needed to stop taking the easy way out. It also said i would be happy to see him traded and have run out of patience with him.
Yes a bit over the top in the way it was posted it was meant to be full of outrage and fun. . But hey lets not have a bit of fun.

if you did not get so  sooky and outraged you would have found another post just one page over on the two page thread that more than clarified my thoughts on that comment.
But wait you were on that page are you saying you did not read them lol.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2016, 03:37:38 PM »

lol just for mat, another one to hang your hat on. Go the dees, yeah i have a soft spot for them. I do for most underdogs probably why i still support our rabble.
How about this. Melbourne will win a final before we do. After all our history suggests its more than possible.

At the end of the day the real onus is on our footy club, to produce. maybe when/if  they do  the justified criticism will cease.

By the way to suggest those of us who are negative dont enjoy winning!!!!!!!  how naieve and just plain ignorant.
Well, you stuck out your neck last year and said Melbourne would finish above us.

If you say it every year you are bound to be right one day.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 06:04:06 PM by WilliamPowell »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2016, 03:42:26 PM »
We need an emoji for a broken clock

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2016, 04:06:15 PM »
yes

and the reds are hiding under the bed

The dominoes are falling
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2016, 04:30:45 PM »

Well, you stuck out your neck last year and said Melbourne would finish above us.

If you say it every year you are bound to be right one day.
lol I said it the yr before that as well. There is always some flower sniffer full of outrage because you suggest it.Then like now its a bit of fun but i think it a real possibility to go with it.

If we had a bad year i thought it was possible i think its possible again. Dont know how many times i have said i think the competition has evened up big time and  we are a middling side  along with about 10 sides just to make the 8. We may well easily make the 8 but it is a real possibilty that we could miss as well.

I would not be surprised if say  melbourne or gws gcs coll  geelong  stk pa made the 8 with a bit of luck,  all missed finals last year. I think 5 of them would have the 8 penciled in as the target. Then you have the bottom half of the top  8, lump em all together and you have one hell of a dog fight. and i dont think the gap between them all that big.
Imo it would not take much to slip down the ladder.
Hmm Melbourne improve  which really should happen and we slip which is a possibility and  bingo there ya go.

Where were they at last year?  i would say between Richmond of 2011 / 2012.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 06:04:33 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2016, 04:31:49 PM »

I think there are a couple of Melbourne supporters as well just quietly

#shouldofgotpaulroos
Opinion of course but what an improvement on Hadwick.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2016, 04:39:05 PM »
Roos would dominate with this list
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2016, 04:55:15 PM »
Saying you 'd prefer another side's coach to our current one doesn't mean you support that team.....after all, you ultimately just want us to have (who you think is) the better coach and not them...

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2016, 05:23:13 PM »
Saying you 'd prefer another side's coach to our current one doesn't mean you support that team.....after all, you ultimately just want us to have (who you think is) the better coach and not them...

Is that like saying I would rather Joffa as a RFC supporter than some of the knobs on here?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2016, 05:26:51 PM »
Well that gold jacket is pretty sweet....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.