Author Topic: Vickery agrees to terms with Hawks / We get pick 26 as compo [update]  (Read 54525 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Vickery agrees to terms with Hawks [update]
« Reply #195 on: October 08, 2016, 10:17:54 PM »
FMD just pee the poonce off

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #196 on: October 08, 2016, 10:25:10 PM »
Could we match and talk to gold Coast for Prestia
What? :huh
Tdy is saying match the hawks deal which keeps Ty at Richmond and then trade him to GC for Prestia.

FMD like that will happen
No chance

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #197 on: October 09, 2016, 10:39:52 AM »

Vickery has kicked more afl goals than watts

Vickery in a poor year avg 1.5 vs watts good year average 1.7 hardly a staggering difference

In the same draft pool in which watts was pick 1.

U attempting to prove something like pick 40 is good deal for Vickery "take it an run" were a the reality is it's a pee poor deal

Let me sum it up for you again, much like I had to for dougeytheacademicwhocan'tevencomprehend which just like you, thought his draft position somehow justifies something

Purely pointed out that Watts kicked more than Vickery (which is funny). A normal person would see that I was potting both of them but you keep on believing that I'm saying how good Watts was this year if you like :wallywink

FWIW Watts spent a lot of time midfield and backline unlike the cherry picker Vickery. Oh but also, I'd want a pick in the 20's for him at least.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #198 on: October 09, 2016, 11:15:06 AM »
That's nice dear

Vickery played ruck too.

You continue to focus on last season instead of wanting to view the career as a whole.

A pick one in the same draft pool should be worth more and yet he's marginally better.

The original discussion is in regard to vickery a worth not jack watts

I'll sum up in this format it might help you:

- Stanley is rubbish ; worth pick 19
 - watts is rubbish ; worth pick ?
 - Vickery is rubbish : worth pick ?

I dislike Tyrone and his father as much as anyone else. However the job of the full forward I to poach goals.

Richmond will mess this up like everything else morons

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #199 on: October 09, 2016, 11:20:07 AM »

Chuck with the voice of reason  :clapping
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #200 on: October 09, 2016, 11:51:50 AM »
That's nice dear

Vickery played ruck too.

You continue to focus on last season instead of wanting to view the career as a whole.

A pick one in the same draft pool should be worth more and yet he's marginally better.

I dislike Tyrone and his father as much as anyone else. However the job of the full forward I to poach goals.

I don't dislike Vickery or his father, I don't know them, they are probably very nice people, and great fun at parties, completely beside the point.  The issue is if he can deliver what we need him to and atm it is most probably not.  He will get us a pick, he is a whipping boy here now so the ol Tambling syndrome has probably infected his mind, hard to cure.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #201 on: October 09, 2016, 11:59:41 AM »
Dislike, as in dislike Tyrone as a footballer and his father as a fitness coach or whatever he does

Nothing persona, I am sure they are super loverly  people

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: October 09, 2016, 12:10:24 PM »
Cause RFC have a history of drafting politically correct, stable, super nice characters in lieu of people that are good at football

tony_montana

« Reply #203 on: October 09, 2016, 12:12:56 PM »

Yep he's a lazy peahearted player that will never amount to anything at richmond so stuff him off.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #204 on: October 09, 2016, 12:15:32 PM »

Yep he's a lazy peahearted player that will never amount to anything at richmond so stuff him off.

Don't whinge when he kicks 70 goals from history's best kicking team giving him lace out

And pick 37 is another demented loser

tony_montana

« Reply #205 on: October 09, 2016, 12:20:47 PM »
lol I see your point bents but unlike some, I dont fear a player going elsewhere and doing well. You cant be ruled by fear of the what if in these situations. The fact is with us under the current setup he will never amount to much, so best for us and him that he moves on.

I think everyone agrees Ty has obvious talent but with us he doesnt want to play ruck and our coaches dont want him to be a ruckman (FFS we had andrew Moore rucking in a game when Hampson was down whilst Vickery sat on his lazy arse in the fwd line!).  pick 25 is solid, pick 37 fair for someone that limited

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #206 on: October 09, 2016, 12:56:00 PM »
Exactly. He has been poo for us. Why retain him or even expect an unusually good compensation pick when he's been poo? Take what we can (25-37) and pick up a good youngster. So what if he becomes the next John Coleman at the hawks? He's not going to be that at Richmond. We need to improve our side and not worry about other sides. Him staying won't improve us too.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: October 09, 2016, 01:04:49 PM »
Take what you can get? How about strive to get a better deal?

Y&B a pick mid 20's is one they should accept so I have no arguments there. What are the chances of a team successfully picking up a descent player at high 30's, let alone the RFC. 25% RFC 15%??

Risk worth taking IMO so Vickery and his old man who may have some pull still there should be told to FO and let's match.

Don't talk to me about players not giving there all either as the whole club is full of them starting with Griffiths Conca and Edwards
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #208 on: October 09, 2016, 01:27:38 PM »
Take what you can get? How about strive to get a better deal?

Y&B a pick mid 20's is one they should accept so I have no arguments there. What are the chances of a team successfully picking up a descent player at high 30's, let alone the RFC. 25% RFC 15%??

Risk worth taking IMO so Vickery and his old man who may have some pull still there should be told to FO and let's match.

Don't talk to me about players not giving there all either as the whole club is full of them starting with Griffiths Conca and Edwards
I think we are saying the same thing but in a different way. Of course we should strive to get the best deal. However, we play a dangerous game if we match the offer from Hawthorn. They may just say keep him. They can't afford to pay him more probably because they are making room for Mitchell. Who will they off load for him? They won't give us their first choice. Their second will be worse than our compensation pick or close to it.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #209 on: October 09, 2016, 01:47:32 PM »
That's nice dear

Vickery played ruck too.

Melbourne shopped Watts last year and nobody wanted him,  Stanley wasn't a free agent so Geelong had no choice but to trade ....the biggest mistake is that we waited until Vickery was a free agent to pee him off...and we're already set to repeat the mistake with Griffiths before Vickery's even out the door... :gotigers
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.