Author Topic: Vickery agrees to terms with Hawks / We get pick 26 as compo [update]  (Read 54238 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Vickery agrees to terms with Hawks / We get pick 26 as compo [update]
« Reply #300 on: October 18, 2016, 10:37:25 AM »
   View from the Outer
Talk here about footy stuff not related to the Tigers. AFL, VFL, etc...

:shh

fk him. Does he play for richmond? No
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #301 on: October 18, 2016, 10:56:16 AM »
He does not
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #302 on: October 23, 2016, 03:49:02 PM »
Controversy continues to surround Vickery's Hawks contract

By Sporting News
23 October 2016

Controversy continues to surround the new contract of Tyrone Vickery at the Hawks, according to prominent footy writer, Damian Barrett.

Upon getting Vickery, Hawthorn released a club statement announcing they had signed the 26-year-old on a three-year deal, however almost immediately redressed that by announcing the deal was in fact over two seasons.

Speaking on Triple M on Sunday morning, Barrett announced that he believed other clubs are suspicious of the deal Vickery has penned with the Hawks.

There are suggestions that the Hawks and Tigers have come to an agreement surrounding the free agent, in order for Richmond to receive a higher compensation pick for Vickery’s departure from the club.

“Even the dealing… around getting Tyrone Vickery in as a free agent — there was controversy around that,” Barrett said.

“The clubs aren’t buying the release that he had a two-year contract from Hawthorn: they believe it’s a three-year contract on less money than the half a million dollars it will be under a two-year deal.

“What it did by making it two years was allow him to pass as a Richmond player into a Hawthorn club… that allowed Richmond to get a second-round compensation.”

The suggestion being made is that some deal has been struck in order to deliver a win-win situation for both clubs away from the spotlight of the AFL and other clubs.

“In offering a two-year deal at, say, $500,000 for each of those two years, it’s a million dollar offer which Richmond wasn’t going to match,” Barrett said.

“I’ll be really keen to see what happens to Tyrone Vickery at the end of 2018, because there’s basically 16 other footy clubs that believe it’s a three-year deal.

“That was being investigated by the AFL early in the week, and (we’re) yet to see an answer on that.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/controversy-continues-to-surround-vickerys-hawks-contract/gl2z92nns9601asz7m0c48cy2

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #303 on: October 23, 2016, 04:13:25 PM »
Is it any surprise half the AFL fraternity want to smash this campaigner head in!

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #304 on: October 23, 2016, 04:48:51 PM »
Here we go ... poor little Whoreforn had to tell fibs to the AFL & the football world because big bad nasty Richmond threatened to take away their new toy if they didn't!    ::) 
Poor dears ... the way we dragged their angelic name through the mud with our bullying ways is just too ghastly to comprehend!  We should feel sorry for them & buy them a new toy to make up for it ....    ::)   Maybe we should let them usurp our recruiting zone again ... they seem to like doing that!   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #305 on: October 23, 2016, 06:01:26 PM »
I don't understand why or how this is controversial?

Anytime there is compensation involved, clubs are going to try and take advantage of the system. As far as I see it, Hawthorn did nothing wrong.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: October 23, 2016, 06:09:06 PM »
I don't understand why or how this is controversial?

Anytime there is compensation involved, clubs are going to try and take advantage of the system. As far as I see it, Hawthorn did nothing wrong.
Yep.

So they changed the contract so we wouldn't match it. What's wrong with that?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #307 on: October 23, 2016, 06:27:31 PM »
Barrett the stuffing encephalic headed stuff wit desperately scrounging for dirt on us
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #308 on: October 23, 2016, 11:26:35 PM »
“In offering a two-year deal at, say, $500,000 for each of those two years, it’s a million dollar offer which Richmond wasn’t going to match,” Barrett said.

On this point, I still don't understand how 2 years on $500k (i.e. million dollars) is better than 3 years on even $400k ($1.2m) which is what was reported the other day

I'm not sure but I assume every free agent contract would have to go through the AFL to work out compensation? So wouldn't the AFL have seen it was a two year deal (if true)?

Who cares we got what we wanted

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: October 24, 2016, 12:27:55 AM »
I don't understand why any of this crap matters?

Hawks offer Vickery $1.2million/3 years
Tigers do the maths and realise they will get round 3 compo
Tigers discuss with Hawks that it's in their best interest to match the offer/instigate a trade
Hawks and Tigers likely both agree to change Vickery's contract, they keep trade currency, we get a better pick, both teams win

Don't see what the issue is personally... It's collusion but is there anything that says you can't negotiate on these grounds? Free agency is so now I don't know how the legalities work...

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #310 on: October 26, 2016, 03:00:47 AM »
The O’Meara bungle adds to what some clubs have already labelled the “dodgiest” trade period yet.

It began with Hawthorn publishing a statement declaring free agent Tyrone Vickery had accepted a three-year deal, only for that to be deleted and quickly replaced with a statement saying it was two years.

Sources close to Vickery told the Herald Sun before the deal was done he was expecting to stay at Waverley for at least three years.

The Hawks were routinely quizzed by the AFL and rivals wondered whether Vickery’s contract was structured to help Richmond land a better compensation pick.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-admits-to-making-a-mistake-in-the-massive-trade-which-sent-jaeger-omeara-to-hawthorn/news-story/e5b34107a511d81bcae89b09cf81669e

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #311 on: October 26, 2016, 02:38:40 PM »
Can anyone post the full article?

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #312 on: January 25, 2017, 11:27:45 AM »
Mark Williams doubts Vickery's aerobic fitness

Foxsports
25 January 2017

Former Richmond assistant coach Mark Williams, who spent four years at the Tigers, said Vickery was a “wonderful team man” who had great hands inside forward 50 and an accurate set-shot for goal.

But Williams added that Vickery’s biggest issue was his aerobic fitness — a factor that could hinder Vickery’s impact, should the Hawks wish to use him more frequently in the ruck due to the absence of injured ruckman Jon Ceglar.

"When it comes to running around the ground, that’s where Ty struggles. His aerobic running ability is the No. 1 thing that holds him back,” Williams told SEN.

“John Vickery, his dad, who’s an ex-player at Collingwood and a fitness guru — you’d imagine he’s been working on that for a long, long time.

“I’m thinking that Ty tries really, really hard ... Typically people can improve their aerobic fitness a lot better than their speed. Ty has, but he’s certainly not elite — and that’s probably his downside.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ty-vickery-being-groomed-to-fill-hole-left-vacant-by-david-hale-at-hawthorn/news-story/1f8b5d31ad71bb91e55f5ac00be0ecf4

tony_montana

« Reply #313 on: January 25, 2017, 02:46:26 PM »
Nothing a bit of hard work on the track won't fix imo. At Richmond we conceded it and accepted it "well he'll never have a tank" was our reasoning... at the hawks he'll get a clip around the ear, be forced to work harder and what's the bet he starts rucking more frequently?

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #314 on: January 25, 2017, 03:15:42 PM »
Williams also said Vickery was a good mark when playing forward...please, for his size he is possibly the worst in the AFL.

Move on Williams and thank god we have with both of you :whistle