Author Topic: official Tiger team -v- Carlton Rd 1  (Read 9435 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: official Tiger team -v- Carlton Rd 1
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2016, 08:18:32 PM »
Will be at the President's function and I'll try to sniff out why Lennon isn't in the team. :huh

GLANDULAR BLOODY FEVER, he has missed a large chunk of pre season remember
I know about the glandular fever but he has been fully training for 2 months now. He played all 3 NAB cup games. I want to know if there is anything else going on.
Yes but pre season goes for 5 months & he would have played NAB to try to catch up
]IIRC he was diagnosed in December (did not go to Palm Cove on December ?11) with Glandular fever, so he had already done 2 months of the preseason. So he missed only a month or so of the 5.

Anyone that's had glandular fever will tell you it takes a full year to properly recover and 3 months before the symptoms are passed. Could be another month or so before he's in the team.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2016, 08:19:43 PM »
Will be at the President's function and I'll try to sniff out why Lennon isn't in the team. :huh

I know about the glandular fever but he has been fully training for 2 months now. He played all 3 NAB cup games. I want to know if there is anything else going on.
Yes but pre season goes for 5 months & he would have played NAB to try to catch up
]IIRC he was diagnosed in December (did not go to Palm Cove on December ?11) with Glandular fever, so he had already done 2 months of the preseason. So he missed only a month or so of the 5.

yes I think you are correct BUT, he he was obviously struggling to do the pre season work hence the doc visit & the diagnosis

meet you halfway then :)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 08:24:55 PM »

Anyone that's had glandular fever will tell you it takes a full year to properly recover and 3 months before the symptoms are passed. Could be another month or so before he's in the team.
That is true for severe cases. If you have spleen involvement it usually means your out for a while. There are milder forms which I believe is what Ben had. Having said that there is the possibility of a relapse too.
That is why I want to find out what's going on!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2016, 08:26:32 PM »
Glandular can be as subtle as a cold. I had it and was fine after 2 weeks. Ben isn't in the same due to form, doubt it's to do with the glandular. As someone else said, too many work horses that can't kick. It's like we're trying to lose

It's actually a very inexperienced team.

Rioli, menadue, c Ellis, lloyd, astbury, mcintosh, lambert, townsend.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2016, 08:37:40 PM »
Some more really strange decisions at the selection table.

Although it's great to see Rioli debut, not sure it's the right call. Apart from about 30 minutes in NAB 3, he looked a fair bit of the pace of AFL footy

Why Morris? His NAB form was ordinary

Understand Lambert getting the gig as the defensive small forward but just think Lennon offers more variety. Can play as a lead up mobilr forward, a Gunston type role.

From what I hear there are no after effects from the glandular fever with Lennon, his case was extremely mild so his non selection is stange

Doesn't make sense to me that we are playing Lloyd and Lambert, too similar; read slow across the park

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2016, 08:44:06 PM »
Some more really strange decisions at the selection table.

Although it's great to see Rioli debut, not sure it's the right call. Apart from about 30 minutes in NAB 3, he looked a fair bit of the pace of AFL footy

Why Morris? His NAB form was ordinary

Understand Lambert getting the gig as the defensive small forward but just think Lennon offers more variety. Can play as a lead up mobilr forward, a Gunston type role.

From what I hear there are no after effects from the glandular fever with Lennon, his case was extremely mild so his non selection is stange

Doesn't make sense to me that we are playing Lloyd and Lambert, too similar; read slow across the park
Thoughts on Griffs selection?

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2016, 08:58:27 PM »
I count around 9 newbies or fringe players in the team.

This is like the perfect storm resulting in a Blues victory.

Worried sick.
Unleash the tornado

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2016, 09:09:35 PM »

More excuses fact is his preseason has been ordinary and a first yr player took his spot. WE LOVE LOOKING FOR EXCUSES AND THEN PUTTING THEM ABOUT AS FACTS.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2016, 09:12:32 PM »

More excuses fact is his preseason has been ordinary and a first yr player took his spot. WE LOVE LOOKING FOR EXCUSES AND THEN PUTTING THEM ABOUT AS FACTS.

how the f*** would you know how his pre season was , watched a couple of NAB games on TV did ya

kid has had glandular fever FFS thats not an excuse its a FACT unlike your dribble

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2016, 09:17:21 PM »
Why no Maric?  Is he injured?

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2016, 09:17:54 PM »
Why no Maric?  Is he injured?

shaggers back apparently

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2016, 09:25:14 PM »

how the f*** would you know how his pre season was , watched a couple of NAB games on TV did ya

kid has had glandular fever FFS thats not an excuse its a FACT unlike your dribble
PPPFFFTTTT. Excuses are excuses.If he had full blown GF he would not be playing would not be training and would not have a hope in hell of playing this year.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2016, 09:26:12 PM »
The selection of Morris does not surprise me
Training extremely well

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2016, 09:28:39 PM »
LMAO
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2016, 09:30:53 PM »
Morris and Lloyd. Making same mistakes year in year out.

Kidding ourselves. Hate negative people but bloody hell. Lennon surely plays.

Don't mind Rioli, yeah he's off the pace but I don't mind blooding untried talent. If Morris and Lloyd are genuinely in best 22 we have again failed in the off season.
Go Tigers!