Author Topic: I'm done  (Read 6809 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: I'm done
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2016, 02:55:54 PM »

I know you like to blame Hartly for all things that are wrong at the club but I never really hear your thoughts on Dimwit? Team selection? Style of footy? Softness of players?

But you are super quick to pot Cotch for his  leadership.
I'd think Dimwit's leadership is just as important as Cotch's and yet I never hear it from you.
I'd personally say he is the worst coach in the AFL. And it starts at selection two days before the game is even played. We play at least 2 or 3 short every week.

Hmmm

Not sure outside of being critical of Cotchin missing clutch goals last night  I've potted Cotchin's leadership this game.  If you think he doesn't deserve being criticised for this weakness in his game, then that's fair enough, your call. But it is major issue as it happens far too often

I blame Hartley for the things he has the most influence on. Eg the debacle that is Hampson and let's throw in the 2 year contract that Hunt was given. Look at our list in particular those we retain, this is Blair's domain as the list manager and the evidence is clear I would have thought.

As for Hardwick, I have made it very clear I don't agree with the contract extension, stupid idiotic decision. I've also made it very clear that I believe his biggest weakness his continually playing of favourites who don't warrant it. It has cost so many games I've lost count. It should and will ultimately cost him his job IMHO

As for selection see above. I gave up trying to make sense about selection a long time ago. I think you are being generous when you suggest we play 2-3 short each week. Some weeks we've played 4 down due to selection

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2016, 04:18:54 PM »
If the coach was overruling the rest of the selection committee on selections, that in itself would show a huge problem

Not at all. It's the coach who has the say. He has the game plan & picks the players who will match up with the game plans against the opposition. That is why he is the coach. The selectors are just people who gather the information & put forward at the table who is worthy of a game or who would be a possible good match up. Who is available from the medical staff & alot of other things like who will be dropped & who is reprimanded & suspended by the club or the league. Its all laid out on the table & the best players for the team is picked with emergencies & the odd ball selection if your a Kevin Sheedy type of coach  ;D

I understand that he has the final say, but if he and the other selectors have such a differing opinion on who should be playing that he has to use his ability to override them that is a big problem. It shows that they are not all on the same wavelength
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2016, 04:30:20 PM »
I thought this thread was about doing a poo

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2016, 04:30:58 PM »
well.....in a way it is.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2016, 10:56:18 PM »
Okay, so say he overruled the committee on more than the odd occasion, do you think he'd get the overwhelming support from everyone at the club?

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2016, 11:41:21 PM »
I thought this thread was about doing a poo

It's about 22 blokes dropping one in front of 73,000
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2016, 11:59:26 PM »

I know you like to blame Hartly for all things that are wrong at the club but I never really hear your thoughts on Dimwit? Team selection? Style of footy? Softness of players?

But you are super quick to pot Cotch for his  leadership.
I'd think Dimwit's leadership is just as important as Cotch's and yet I never hear it from you.
I'd personally say he is the worst coach in the AFL. And it starts at selection two days before the game is even played. We play at least 2 or 3 short every week.

Hmmm

Not sure outside of being critical of Cotchin missing clutch goals last night  I've potted Cotchin's leadership this game.  If you think he doesn't deserve being criticised for this weakness in his game, then that's fair enough, your call. But it is major issue as it happens far too often

I blame Hartley for the things he has the most influence on. Eg the debacle that is Hampson and let's throw in the 2 year contract that Hunt was given. Look at our list in particular those we retain, this is Blair's domain as the list manager and the evidence is clear I would have thought.

As for Hardwick, I have made it very clear I don't agree with the contract extension, stupid idiotic decision. I've also made it very clear that I believe his biggest weakness his continually playing of favourites who don't warrant it. It has cost so many games I've lost count. It should and will ultimately cost him his job IMHO

As for selection see above. I gave up trying to make sense about selection a long time ago. I think you are being generous when you suggest we play 2-3 short each week. Some weeks we've played 4 down due to selection
First of all I didn't mention this year considering it's 2 rounds in. You made it very clear last year with your continuous garage about Cotchin's leadership. As I said last year you have NFI what sort of leader Cotch is. All you see from your seat 100 rows back on game day and if Cotch misses a few goals automatically he is a bad leader. I don't mean to be rude WP but you have no idea! So don't pretend you do. I'd prefer someone else as captain too but that's only from the outside looking in. Coaches and players that know a whole lot more than me and you seem to think he is our best option. So stop the uneducated " he missed a few goals dribble and move on. Cotch is the least of our worries IMO. Could he be playing better? Yes but poo, so could every player on our list.
Now on to BH, what has he got to do with player contracts? Isn't player contracts what DR does? Considering we poached him from ESP as a player manager looking after player contracts????
And I'm sure DH has a lot to do with who gets a contract and how doesn't. Your contunuous crap about BH is boring and simply isn't correct. I'm not saying everything he has touch has turned to gold but come on mate, FJ has way more to answer for for our list. Most of BH's guys have played their roll but also needed to be moved on but you cannot blame him for them still getting a game 4 or 5 years later.

And lastly on DH, sure you question some selection decisions but so do even the most "I love everything Richmond" people on this site. I don't recall you ever calling for his head after watching the same crap game plan for 6 years. You'd prefer to talk about 2 goals missed by Cotch in the second quarter.

I just cannot believe with our list the way it is and the style of footy we continue to play that some guys have still got a job. Let alone are given contract extensions a year out from their current one expiring.
 Does anyone other than BoJo think FJ has done a good enough job with our recruiting to still have a job 10 years in?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2016, 12:19:09 AM »

Now on to BH, what has he got to do with player contracts? Isn't player contracts what DR does? Considering we poached him from ESP as a player manager looking after player contracts????
And I'm sure DH has a lot to do with who gets a contract and how doesn't. Your contunuous crap about BH is boring and simply isn't correct. I'm not saying everything he has touch has turned to gold but come on mate, FJ has way more to answer for for our list. Most of BH's guys have played their roll but also needed to be moved on but you cannot blame him for them still getting a game 4 or 5 years later.

Did you just ignore the part where WP said Blair is list manager? His official title is 'General Manager of Player Personnel & List Management' which speaks for itself. He has a big say in who we should get, who we should retain and makes recommendations on contracts. Richardson goes from Blairs recommendations and has to handle the negotiations and crosses the t's and dots the i's.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2016, 02:06:58 AM »
List manager my stuffn hole.

U reckon dimmer is THAT insipid he just waits for this prick to tell him who's coming who's staying and for how long?

These turkeys are just two clowns who cop dimmers share of the blame.

If hardwick is so unknowledgeable of the available talent at any given draft then he's a bigger stuffn loser than I thought....and he probably is. Would explain it all.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2016, 11:19:41 AM »

Did you just ignore the part where WP said Blair is list manager? His official title is 'General Manager of Player Personnel & List Management' which speaks for itself. He has a big say in who we should get, who we should retain and makes recommendations on contracts. Richardson goes from Blairs recommendations and has to handle the negotiations and crosses the t's and dots the i's.
I'm pretty sure WP can speak for himself. He is a big boy.
I know BH looks at other lists to find potential players he thinks we could use but as Ox said, do you really think he has much say in who stays? If Hardwick isn't giving that info to the club I'd be more than surprised.
Plus I think your under rating Dan Richardsons roll at the club.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2016, 11:23:44 AM »
hartly rates all players in the AFL, including our own, so he would have a fair say in who stays.

I think you are over rating Richardsons role

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2016, 11:30:10 AM »
hartly rates all players in the AFL, including our own, so he would have a fair say in who stays.

How'd I know you'd post something next. So predictable. At least it's not another of your stupid question.
Pretty sure Dimma rates our list as head coach.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2016, 11:33:32 AM »

I know BH looks at other lists to find potential players he thinks we could use but as Ox said, do you really think he has much say in who stays? If Hardwick isn't giving that info to the club I'd be more than surprised.

He can, and he did. Yet you chose to ignore it.

Mmmm seems like Big Note doesn't understand what a forum is used for. If you want a private discussion with WP then PM him instead of sooking it up whenever another poster chimes in. Would it be different if we were agreeing with you?

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2016, 12:06:53 PM »

How'd I know you'd post something next. So predictable. At least it's not another of your stupid question.
Pretty sure Dimma rates our list as head coach.
he may do, but hartly rates our own players in exactly the same way he rates opposition players.
i think you will find this plays a large part in our list management.

what color jocks are you wearing?

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2016, 12:20:28 PM »

He can, and he did. Yet you chose to ignore it.

Mmmm seems like Big Note doesn't understand what a forum is used for. If you want a private discussion with WP then PM him instead of sooking it up whenever another poster chimes in. Would it be different if we were agreeing with you?
All we need now is the last of the DHead squad to join in and we have ourselves a nice little Sunday. All 3 of you are boring and need each other to back up your opinions because you are a pack of spineless hyenas. At least you 2 bozos aren't dumb enough to think you are funny like the 3rd of your DH gang. I actually skim over most of your posts but you can still manage to soil a decent conversation even when doing so. So thanks.