Author Topic: VFL R2: Richmond vs Footscray --- Sat. Apr 16 @ Punt Rd  (Read 12430 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: VFL R2: Richmond vs Footscray --- Sat. Apr 16 @ Punt Rd
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2016, 05:37:21 PM »
I still think Morris can play a roll against some teams. If he can keep a Betts quiet he plays in my team. He gives 100% effort which is more a can say of a lot of other more well paid players.
 He is the only option we have against these guys. He is not a forward, he is not a high BF, he stops the comps best small forwards. If a side doesn't have a genuine one, don't play him.

On Batch, I agree with WA, he is a depth player at best IMO. But with a few injuries to Grimes and Astbury, he should get a game this week. Exactly what a depth player is.
He doesn't give much other then a stopper on a 3rd medium tall.

Just my opinion.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2016, 06:49:06 PM »
What no Batch??? :whistle

I aslso go every week & Batchelor was in the bests

So this from the Hun, why is it taz that you are the only one saying Batch is any good?? Are you related to him?

ON THE CUSP: Some good news! Richmond’s VFL team came from 19 points down at quarter-time to win by 52 with Ivan Maric tuning up for his senior return with an influential display. Anthony Miles responded to his demotion with 30 touches, Jayden Short had 20, Steven Morris 20 and Jacob Townsend and exciting draftee Oleg Markov 19 each. And Damien Hardwick has to think about seeing what Liam McBean can do at senior level after he bagged five goals. Brett Deledio is again being talked about as a possible inclusion but he is unlikely to be rushed back after playing just half a game this season.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/footy-form/the-barometer-whos-hurt-whos-on-the-cusp-at-selection-at-your-club/news-story/2cc7d8ee7643fae3f4651cbc32210866

I normally wouldn't respond to your idiocy ( look it up) but I am incredulous ( that also) that you are arguing about what I saw.

He has played 3 very good games in a row & in a team that was flogged in 2 of them.

If you have gleaned your football acumen from the Hun then I suppose I can understand it.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2016, 07:10:02 PM »
Like I said to all you Morris and Batch lovers. If you think they are the way forward it's no wonder the apologists and acceptors still think mediocrity is the way this club will succeed.

I love how you go on about how good some of these nuffers are  in the VFL..... The VFL is not the AFL and call me naive but isn't that what it's all about. AFL.

Keep your views on Batch and Morris and I will keep mine. At the end of the day they haven't been in the side all year except Morris round one and the only way they will get a game is through injuries.

Good luck with anther 20 years of rubbish if players of this ilk are considered the future.  :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2016, 09:27:57 PM »
Like I said to all you Morris and Batch lovers. If you think they are the way forward it's no wonder the apologists and acceptors still think mediocrity is the way this club will succeed.

I love how you go on about how good some of these nuffers are  in the VFL..... The VFL is not the AFL and call me naive but isn't that what it's all about. AFL.

Keep your views on Batch and Morris and I will keep mine. At the end of the day they haven't been in the side all year except Morris round one and the only way they will get a game is through injuries.

Good luck with anther 20 years of rubbish if players of this ilk are considered the future.  :thumbsup

I don't think one person has said they are the way forward but good for you.

How much of the VFL did you watch?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2016, 09:30:52 PM »
My guess is somewhere between none and nothing

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2016, 09:37:08 PM »
Bachelor squibs it less than several of his senior teammates  :whistle
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2016, 09:38:05 PM »
Bachelor squibs it less than several of his senior teammates  :whistle
This is true.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2016, 09:57:47 PM »
Batchlor is in my top 22 at present as he offers more than Astbury. Astbury spends more time staring at others including his opponent & is injured every time we cop a flogging. He has simply missed way too much football & need to regain form in the Reserves.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2016, 06:45:08 AM »
Batchelor.... :facepalm :chuck

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2016, 07:43:43 AM »
Batchelor.... :facepalm :chuck
I keep getting this nagging feeling that you don't rate Batchelor.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2016, 09:59:03 AM »
I don't rate mediocrity as many do on this forum. It seem that every time we have a start like this to the season or we go bad, everyone jumps up and down and then when it all settles during the week they revert to accepting VFL players such as Batch and Morris as the answer. Well I don't, that's all.

We still have half a dozen players that keep getting brought up as the answer or because they played "steady" they are all of a sudden are the answer. Well I'm over these players and until the club acts and changes the culture, recruitment and they actually put their money where their mouth is I won't be accepting these crap loses with crap players anymore.

If we played Short, Castagna, Elton, Butler, McBean (play him forward and move Jack out to CHF with Vickery in the ruck) and we elevated Marcon and played him I would be happier, but we persist with the same crap week after week thinking its going to get better and that is the way forward and I don't think it is.

Just my opinion though. ;D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:23:39 AM by WilliamPowell »

"Rucks:

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2016, 01:17:33 PM »
I don't mind the Batch. Gotta give him some opportunities in the backline now and build his form at the level. The time is right. Was part of our resilient back 6 last year.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2016, 01:41:32 PM »
I don't mind the Batch. Gotta give him some opportunities in the backline now and build his form at the level. The time is right. Was part of our resilient back 6 last year.

Exactly & considering he was a big part in a good win over a strong Footscray side is even better.
How good was that win. it's funny how some supporters like WAT spend their time bagging the players when they have had a good 52 point win with a awesome last quarter compared to our last quarter flops. That itself is a huge plus on the playing group & great for the club. Maric will return to the senior side & this will put the ruck job back on our young rucks. Miles will be recalled to boost the midfield & l'm sure Townsend will be in the mix as will others. A strong performance over our bogey side Frankston, We must beat them & get the 4 points to put players back on track

:gotigers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2016, 01:59:05 PM »

Exactly & considering he was a big part in a good win over a strong Footscray side is even better.
How good was that win. it's funny how some supporters like WAT spend their time bagging the players when they have had a good 52 point win with a awesome last quarter compared to our last quarter flops. That itself is a huge plus on the playing group & great for the club. Maric will return to the senior side & this will put the ruck job back on our young rucks. Miles will be recalled to boost the midfield & l'm sure Townsend will be in the mix as will others. A strong performance over our bogey side Frankston, We must beat them & get the 4 points to put players back on track

:gotigers

You have got to be on something and if your not.....you should be. VFL VFL VFL VFL. If VFL form meant anything then why didn't Dea get a call up last year after being BOG every week???

"Rucks: