Author Topic: Official Tigers Team -v- Melbourne Rd 5  (Read 15011 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Official Tigers Team -v- Melbourne Rd 5
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 06:58:11 PM »
Obviously part of the rebuild philosophy is to play the same old guys time and time again..... :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 07:05:19 PM »
I want to see a side that contains both Morris and hunt  :cheers

Edit: and Hampson

And Batchelor.......

This club.... :lol

Look at the Dee's in's ......... Depth right there!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 07:07:02 PM »
Well I'm sure the RFC are the worse for that
I'm sure they will be, when I stop buying memberships for the family.
The club is taking more than a small step backwards IMO.

Luckily the club is bigger than a few numpties

Yeah great to see the few numpties that are actually delusional to think we are doing ok!!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 07:07:27 PM »
oh look we need blokes who are experienced....at being shyte....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2016, 07:09:32 PM »
No McBean, Short, Castagna.... Still reeking of a poo coach trying to save his job!!! Terry Wallace era again..... :bow

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2016, 07:10:22 PM »
The Dees are going to debut Petracca.

Melbourne squad for round five

B: Neville Jetta, Tom McDonald, Tomas Bugg
HB: Lynden Dunn, Heritier Lumumba, Christian Salem
C: Bernie Vince, Dom Tyson, Josh Wagner
HF: Jack Watts, Sam Frost, James Harmes
F: Dean Kent, Jesse Hogan, Angus Brayshaw
Foll: Max Gawn, Nathan Jones, Jack Viney

I/C (from): Christian Petracca, Colin Garland, Cameron Pedersen, Jayden Hunt, Alex Neal-Bullen, Ben Kennedy, Jeff Garlett

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2016-04-21/vince-among-five-inclusions-in-squad

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2016, 07:10:58 PM »
No Short?

His "bad" game against Adelaide included 11 disposals. After a glorious 5 disposals Vickery is picked again.

How does that work? :rollin

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2016, 07:17:59 PM »
Hamspud still in yfk

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2016, 07:21:43 PM »
At least Hampson has stopped opposition rucks dominating centre bounces. Unfortunately it's small things like kicking, hand balling, marking, blocking, shepherding and general football nous that he is lacking in.

Too bad this isn't American football where we could whip him off and just have him in for his tap work....

Online tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2016, 07:22:58 PM »
The Dees are going to debut Petracca.

Melbourne squad for round five

B: Neville Jetta, Tom McDonald, Tomas Bugg
HB: Lynden Dunn, Heritier Lumumba, Christian Salem
C: Bernie Vince, Dom Tyson, Josh Wagner
HF: Jack Watts, Sam Frost, James Harmes
F: Dean Kent, Jesse Hogan, Angus Brayshaw
Foll: Max Gawn, Nathan Jones, Jack Viney

I/C (from): Christian Petracca, Colin Garland, Cameron Pedersen, Jayden Hunt, Alex Neal-Bullen, Ben Kennedy, Jeff Garlett

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2016-04-21/vince-among-five-inclusions-in-squad

That's not a poo side anymore

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2016, 07:35:21 PM »
Hardwick trying to save his job, brings in Morris  :lol

He'll be getting the bullet sooner rather than later  :pray
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2016, 07:46:27 PM »
No surprises with Vlastuin, I have it on good authority he's been injured since the Pies game.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2016, 07:48:47 PM »
No surprises with Vlastuin, I have it on good authority he's been injured since the Pies game.
That makes sense as he has been unusually bad the last couple of weeks. Especially last week, it was his worst game for a while.

Online FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2016, 07:56:06 PM »
Obviously part of the rebuild philosophy is to play the same old guys time and time again..... :whistle

Can't understand this type of comment. This is a side that has C Ellis, Menadue and Rioli in it. They have stuck pretty fat with these blokes. They are first and second year players. Add in Short for a bit of exposure, Macintosh, there's probably one or two others. You can't possibly hope to win with 4 or 5 of these types in the side.

Some regeneration is happening right in front of your eyes, yet the club still gets criticised for electing "same olds".  :huh

Batchelor is a surprise, but I'm taking from that that Astbury is doubtful, and they aren't confident that Chappy has a good match-up. Will be shocked if Morris plays. Hampson has actually been pretty good and i'm not convinced that big Ivan strengthens us much anymore. This will be his last year. Obviously we need another genuine ruckman on the list, but Hampson is our best option against the talls like Gawn, Sandi etc.

It is Round 5. We still have a shot at resurrecting our season. When and if it becomes obvious that we aren't going to make finals, then we'll see McBean and others get a chance.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2016, 08:05:36 PM »

Can't understand this type of comment. This is a side that has C Ellis, Menadue and Rioli in it. They have stuck pretty fat with these blokes. They are first and second year players. Add in Short for a bit of exposure, Macintosh, there's probably one or two others. You can't possibly hope to win with 4 or 5 of these types in the side.

Some regeneration is happening right in front of your eyes, yet the club still gets criticised for electing "same olds".  :huh

Batchelor is a surprise, but I'm taking from that that Astbury is doubtful, and they aren't confident that Chappy has a good match-up. Will be shocked if Morris plays. Hampson has actually been pretty good and i'm not convinced that big Ivan strengthens us much anymore. This will be his last year. Obviously we need another genuine ruckman on the list, but Hampson is our best option against the talls like Gawn, Sandi etc.

It is Round 5. We still have a shot at resurrecting our season. When and if it becomes obvious that we aren't going to make finals, then we'll see McBean and others get a chance.
You raised the very point I was making!
Short kicked 3 goals on debut and despite an 11 disposal game against Adelaide is dropped. Why? Other senior guys continue to stink it up and keep on getting selected. Hunt? What has he done to justify selection? He played one of the worst games of football ever seen against Collingwood and yet is back one week later. Why? He is not the future. I want to put games into guys that may win us a flag. Not into guys that may get us into 8th position.