Author Topic: McBean and non-selection  (Read 8748 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: McBean and non-selection
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 07:46:32 PM »
I would have thought Macrae's summary of his last 2 games sort of gave it away myself  :rollin
What did he say WP?
Liam McBean
Five goals, 17 disposals, eight marks, two contested marks

Liam’s best game this season and we’re really pleased that he’s coming at the ball instead of waiting for the ball to come to him. His work-rate really increased this week.

http://m.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-04-19/the-vfl-report-round-2

Liam McBean
Two goals, five disposals, three contested possessions

He’s struggling a little bit with his form, we’re really asking him to get to more contests. He started the game on fire, with two goals against the breeze which really set us up for the day, but struggled to have an impact for the rest of the day.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-04-12/the-vfl-report-round-1

Ruanaidh

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 07:54:19 PM »
Danke....But, it doesn't alter the fact that he is held to higher standards than the 'skipping girl'....

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 08:06:10 PM »
We shouldn't even be needing him is the truth.

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 11:13:11 AM »
Stability
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2016, 07:45:24 PM »
Elton management over his carrer has too been Crap 
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 08:34:53 PM »
Soft weak doesn't chase won't hit packs, saw it all myself. If you're all pinning your hopes on him God help us!
The whole development bar a handful should be offloaded and start again, seriously couldn't Ne any worse  :banghead

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2016, 12:49:48 PM »
Had only 4 disposals on the weekend.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 01:01:18 PM »
Guess what. Chaplin had 8 the week before

How many goal kicking medals has Chappy won?

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 02:11:48 PM »
His fault the park footballers and recycled hacks that constitute our VFL midfield can't win the ball.....apparently up to a 200cm forward to run into the middle and win the ball himself.....21 year-old has to triple 26 year-old Vickery's work rate & defensive pressure in order to displace him....(maybe he should just phone the police as that's technically the only way you can triple zero....)
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2016, 04:48:44 PM »
Soft weak doesn't chase won't hit packs, saw it all myself. If you're all pinning your hopes on him God help us!
The whole development bar a handful should be offloaded and start again, seriously couldn't Ne any worse  :banghead
Thought you were talking about Vickery then saw the title of the thread.
So what is there to lose if we drop Vickery and give McBean a few games.Simple answer is absolutely nothing in fact there is a lot to be gained if McBean plays well at the level.
I still think this bloke should have been developed as a kpd.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 05:14:29 PM »
So what is there to lose if we drop Vickery and give McBean a few games.Simple answer is absolutely nothing in fact there is a lot to be gained if McBean plays well at the level.
Play him in the fwd line and give him a real go for a block of 6 games.
If no good, sayonara

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 06:28:56 PM »

After seeing McBean live several time this year and previous, he doesn't deserve the opportunity. His work rate is behind Vickery & Griffiths believe or not. In saying that, he should be afforded senior games so we can truly make an assessment on his future. He could turn out to be a player that thrives in the seniors but has mixed form in the lower level. We simply don't know.......   

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 06:49:58 PM »

After seeing McBean live several time this year and previous, he doesn't deserve the opportunity. His work rate is behind Vickery & Griffiths believe or not. In saying that, he should be afforded senior games so we can truly make an assessment on his future. He could turn out to be a player that thrives in the seniors but has mixed form in the lower level. We simply don't know.......   

Richmond are equal 2nd last in the coaches 7th year

McBean deserves a chance on the amount of goals he's kicked since he was drafted

Not on his work rate this season

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2016, 11:42:07 PM »
Anyone who gives Morris Grigg and Hamspud a fair run at it, should also offer McBean the same opportunities

I've seen McBean do more than those 3 have on 1 game.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2016, 02:21:17 PM »
I know McBean is a forward

Yet id rather him play in defence for the senior side

Than forward in a crap Vfl team

More so astbury should not be dropped when Chaplin is still being selected / rance is suspended / grimes is hurt

Disgraceful