Author Topic: Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Round 6, 2016  (Read 14494 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Richmond vs Port Adelaide - Round 6, 2016
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2016, 12:53:21 PM »
Grigg was his usual shyte self - one way running, zero defensive pressure, mindless bombs into the forward 50, a lucky scab goal and a couple of behinds where he ignored better options.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2016, 12:58:11 PM »
Grigg was his usual shyte self - one way running, zero defensive pressure, mindless bombd int the forward, a lucky scab goal and a couple of behinds where he ignored better options.
Just another of Hardwicks favorites that runs around getting meaningless touches of the footy. I swear DH picks the side using the stat sheet.
FO Grigg and FO Hardwick.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2016, 01:00:30 PM »
Terrific, just terrificTM

As part of my IS package we had our first prematch briefing last night

Game plan got explained to us. Have to say it made perfect sense. Sounded good, very good if executed correctly and properly

Issues becomes our players can't or won't execute it.

l have some hope when l hear that they have a game plan & it sounds good.  ;D
Injury has riddled us as l have said many times early in the year that it's killing them. Summer is based on planing & execution of those plans without revealing it to the spy's from other clubs. l will write off this season due to all the injuries. But when l see many players who seem brain dead & panic on the arena,  That is not excepted. There is no excuse for any listed RFC player to be seen playing dumb & its happened all season. Basic football mistakes are made & turn overs like nothing l have seen before. RFC will now be forced to play those who seem not ready,  But this is where stars are born. Some players just can't play 2nds footy,  But are super at a upper level because of the speed & flow of the game. Fitness will be their enemy till they learn how to control it. (Count players like Morris out. His brain dead) Lets just hope some of these youngsters are stars of the future.

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2016, 02:03:02 PM »
If Sam "look at me, look at me" Lloyd plays another game for us I'll dead set spew up

Lloyd was ordinary but until last night he was one of the few players on the list having a reasonable season. Really question how he was used last night as people were kicking it on his head as if he was our marking target.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2016, 02:05:16 PM »
If Sam "look at me, look at me" Lloyd plays another game for us I'll dead set spew up

Lloyd was ordinary but until last night he was one of the few players on the list having a reasonable season. Really question how he was used last night as people were kicking it on his head as if he was our marking target.
Yer I agree with that. He has shown some real improvement this year.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2016, 02:27:28 PM »
The standard of football was very poor. We appear to be terrified of kicking the ball and when we do most of the time we turn it over. Constantly handpassing to a person under pressure or handballing for no good reason. Over used the ball. Butchered delivery into forward. Missed easy goals eg Jack's snap and Grigg's last shot at goal.  Extremely slow in getting it out of defence and no one willing to run. Furthermore it appeared at times we were clearly second to the contest and allowed Port to gain possession eg goal kicked in second quarter when Maric and I think it was Ellis just stood still whilst Port player grabbed possession and goaled. Struggled to think of any players who played well apart from Rioli who I thought showed some real class. Lids excused because first game back. Cotchin and Lambert excused because injured early. Lack of skills really let us down. When Grigg is the most productive forward in first half you know the side is in trouble. Hampson should have never played he was terrible around the ground. Chaplin was weak. B Ellis was too easily brushed aside. Houli and Morris turned the ball over at will. If the players were following the game plan then the game plan is atrocious. If the players were not following the game plan then Hardwick has lost the players and should go.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2016, 02:39:35 PM »
The standard of football was very poor. We appear to be terrified of kicking the ball and when we do most of the time we turn it over. Constantly handpassing to a person under pressure or handballing for no good reason. Over used the ball. Butchered delivery into forward. Missed easy goals eg Jack's snap and Grigg's last shot at goal.  Extremely slow in getting it out of defence and no one willing to run. Furthermore it appeared at times we were clearly second to the contest and allowed Port to gain possession eg goal kicked in second quarter when Maric and I think it was Ellis just stood still whilst Port player grabbed possession and goaled. Struggled to think of any players who played well apart from Rioli who I thought showed some real class. Lids excused because first game back. Cotchin and Lambert excused because injured early. Lack of skills really let us down. When Grigg is the most productive forward in first half you know the side is in trouble. Hampson should have never played he was terrible around the ground. Chaplin was weak. B Ellis was too easily brushed aside. Houli and Morris turned the ball over at will. If the players were following the game plan then the game plan is atrocious. If the players were not following the game plan then Hardwick has lost the players and should go.

Brandon Ellis was judged in our best  :lol He was purely poo. Rioli was poo also. He pooed his pants when he squibbed. Back to the 2nds for the lad. Sack the forwards coach caused he has no idea. Our forwards push up way too far & if they win the ball down back,  are too fatigued to push back to the forward 50. We just can't play like that. No-one to score. Had to laugh Lloyd was always 1 on 2 trying to out mark huge backmen meanwhile their crumbers cleaned up. It was truely the most pathetic exhibition l have ever seen. Riewoldt alwys had 3 on him so where are the other forwards like Rioli, Lloyd, martin & Edwards. walking back up the field.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2016, 02:46:23 PM »
When did Rioli shyte himself? What a load of crap. If anything, he tries too hard.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2016, 02:51:29 PM »
I disagreed that Rioli was poor. Rioli is young and showed he has class eg his pass to Jack on the lead. The problem is they overuse the ball in the backhalf and then when they deliver it to the forwardline it is slow and usually favours the defenders.  The amount of times we missed a target because we were too slow or we kicked to the advantage of a port defender were countless. There is absolutely no quick movement in the back half. No run. No gut running. Just poor slow delivery.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2016, 04:59:15 PM »

So WP is the game plan we want to execute sound and its a player issue only?

Based on what was explained and the vision shown, it is more than sound. It is similar to what other teams are doing but for what ever reason our blokes can't, don't or won't execute it.

It is interesting I've read with interest people yet again bag Batchelor, but he was of the 3 key backs last night (Astbury  :banghead, & Chaplin  :banghead :banghead the other 2) the only one who tried to execute the plan when the ball was in the back D50. Yes he stuffed up but at least he was doing what he was supposed to be doing.

Trust me "happy handball" in the defensive 50, wasn't the plan. But Astbury in particular seemed hellbent on handballing to any stationery target he could find.

Not sure if anyone noticed in the 3rd Houli had the ball near the goal square, most players had moved to the souther stand side. There were a couple of blokes down the line members side. Batchelor told Houli to go to the southern stand side and based on what we were told prematch, he should have done but no he went to members side with a nothing kick and created a turnover and Batchelor had to leave his man to try and fix the problem created.

Meant he ended up out of position, copped a barrage of abuse from the crowd for not manning up. Only reason he wasn't locking down his opponent was because he was trying to fix someone else's mess. It looks bad but he's not to blame but he cops the abuse.

Is it a player only issue? No but last night IMESHO it was without doubt more a player issue than a coaching one

However, the question remains is the message getting through? Do they understand it? If they don't understand it then you have to further question the players.

Why?

Because I am not a footballer but I understood the plan and some of it is so basic I don't understand why some of them struggle with it so much.

Just my take
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2016, 05:11:51 PM »
after 7 years if the message is not getting through then it becomes all about the imbecile delivering the message.

Your example of Houli is further proof that its a coaching issue. Plenty of similar examples like that of players not following team rules and guess what happens the following week. Dimwit rewards them with automatic selection.

get rid of the flog and you might see some changes in behaviour.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #161 on: May 01, 2016, 05:25:16 PM »
after 7 years if the message is not getting through then it becomes all about the imbecile delivering the message.

Your example of Houli is further proof that its a coaching issue. Plenty of similar examples like that of players not following team rules and guess what happens the following week. Dimwit rewards them with automatic selection.

get rid of the flog and you might see some changes in behaviour.

Actually what will happen next week's is Batchelor will get dropped and Houli will retain his spot and that's a bigger issue as our players playing dumb footy and not being able to execute the plan

And yes that is clearly a coaching issue
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: May 01, 2016, 05:25:56 PM »

So WP is the game plan we want to execute sound and its a player issue only?

Based on what was explained and the vision shown, it is more than sound. It is similar to what other teams are doing but for what ever reason our blokes can't, don't or won't execute it.

It is interesting I've read with interest people yet again bag Batchelor, but he was of the 3 key backs last night (Astbury  :banghead, & Chaplin  :banghead :banghead the other 2) the only one who tried to execute the plan when the ball was in the back D50. Yes he stuffed up but at least he was doing what he was supposed to be doing.

Trust me "happy handball" in the defensive 50, wasn't the plan. But Astbury in particular seemed hellbent on handballing to any stationery target he could find.

Not sure if anyone noticed in the 3rd Houli had the ball near the goal square, most players had moved to the souther stand side. There were a couple of blokes down the line members side. Batchelor told Houli to go to the southern stand side and based on what we were told prematch, he should have done but no he went to members side with a nothing kick and created a turnover and Batchelor had to leave his man to try and fix the problem created.

Meant he ended up out of position, copped a barrage of abuse from the crowd for not manning up. Only reason he wasn't locking down his opponent was because he was trying to fix someone else's mess. It looks bad but he's not to blame but he cops the abuse.

Is it a player only issue? No but last night IMESHO it was without doubt more a player issue than a coaching one

However, the question remains is the message getting through? Do they understand it? If they don't understand it then you have to further question the players.

Why?

Because I am not a footballer but I understood the plan and some of it is so basic I don't understand why some of them struggle with it so much.

Just my take

Houli is a major contributor to why we are in the position we are. Constantly makes several errors weekly. I cant stand it when Chaplin calls Batchelor in to take the 200cm forward and he stands in no mans land as the spare. His refusal to take the talls is frightening :banghead

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2016, 07:48:58 PM »
Houli is in the top 4 for turnovers in the afl
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….