Author Topic: Dan Richardson on SEN / Tigers 'paying the price' for recruit strategy  (Read 20508 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Dan Richardson on SEN / Tigers 'paying the price' for recruit strategy
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2016, 01:01:13 PM »
Its ironic reading this thread and realizing the famous OER "Sack Hardwick " thread has been going strong since July 2012.

What's your point?

Are you suggesting that because a few punters on an internet forum never rated Dimma, RFC administrators should be absolved of any responsibility for our current situation? Were these guys receiving death threats or something?

Whatever your thoughts on Dimma or our current plight, I simply cant understand how anyone could possibly defend these appointed PROFESSIONALS blaming fans for their own stuff ups.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2016, 01:32:16 PM »
Its ironic reading this thread and realizing the famous OER "Sack Hardwick " thread has been going strong since July 2012.

Ironically Matty, they have been proven to be right.

Ironically, you were amongst the very last to jump off his bandwagon a mere 2-3 months ago.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2016, 01:33:11 PM »

What's your point?

Are you suggesting that because a few punters on an internet forum never rated Dimma, RFC administrators should be absolved of any responsibility for our current situation? Were these guys receiving death threats or something?

Whatever your thoughts on Dimma or our current plight, I simply cant understand how anyone could possibly defend these appointed PROFESSIONALS blaming fans for their own stuff ups.

Even better that those responsible send someone who wasn't there at the time, out to make the comments and cop all the flack
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2016, 01:34:28 PM »
Problem was the fans losing their poo in 2011 and 2012 despite being 1-2 years into a rebuild :lol

Look at the carnage you have created  :facepalm

Shame on you
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2016, 01:36:47 PM »
I agree with a lot of what a lot of you say regarding players and moneyball etc but we have to be honest with ourselves as well
Lots of people name their swords......

tony_montana

« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2016, 10:06:45 PM »
we are being honest - apart from one or two class clowns, the majority wouldve been fine.Think you and yeahright are overplaying this one

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2016, 02:06:05 PM »

:lol Thank you, you beat me to it. Couldn't wait 2 but think the majority could wait 8 :lol

What's your point?

For me it's not about defending the clubs decision but rather laughing at the hypocrisy of a portion of a supporter base who want to hang poo on Dan the man for speaking the truth. They can claim otherwise but proof is in the pudding. It should also be known that a lot of people in here are more loyal than a lot of supporters outside of this forum. So just because some think in here that they would have stuck around doesn't mean the majority would.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2016, 02:38:10 PM »

:lol Thank you, you beat me to it. Couldn't wait 2 but think the majority could wait 8 :lol

What's your point?

For me it's not about defending the clubs decision but rather laughing at the hypocrisy of a portion of a supporter base who want to hang poo on Dan the man for speaking the truth. They can claim otherwise but proof is in the pudding. It should also be known that a lot of people in here are more loyal than a lot of supporters outside of this forum. So just because some think in here that they would have stuck around doesn't mean the majority would.

"speaking the truth". Man, you just eat up whatever these guys say dont you?

Again, WTF does it matter that a few people didn't like Dimma from the start?

You are pointing to a small minority  on the most extreme RFC fans forum as evidence that TIGER FANS IN GENERAL wouldn't have accepted a slower rebuild....

And even if it was a loud majority (which it wasn't) and memberships were burned on mass (which they weren't), these guys are paid handsomely to set the club up for sustained success, not poo themselves over fan discontent.

Above all, they deserve to scrutinised against their results. Seems your pretty happy to let them pass the blame on to us though... 

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2016, 02:49:04 PM »
Yeah bro I eat up everything they say, they are all perfect :lol. Get a grip. Just because I agree with him on this one doesn't mean I agree with everything they say. I also said nothing about liking/disliking Dimma from the start.

I think you've missed my point. I'm not pointing to the minority in here to use them as evidence, I am saying the opposite. As I said, most in here are loyal supporters that have been around for a long time whereas a majority of supporters are fickle and would not hang around if we were not having any slight amount of "success" (losing finals isn't success but it's "better" than not making them).

Funny. I almost put a whole bit in my previous post about them still having to wear the blame because in the end they made the call whether it was based on what they thought was best or they caved in on perceived pressure from supporters. But silly me thought 'surely Willy is mature enough to understand that I am not trying to absolve RFC of any blame but rather addressing the hypocrisy of some supporters because they can be mutually exclusive.' My bad I guess, just like how me not wanting Thompson as coach automatically means I want Dimma

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2016, 03:13:58 PM »
the club has been around since 1885 .. its been shyte since early 80s .. how the hell is getting uniquely embarrassed by 9th place Carlton and the the 'effort' against port what fans are hanging the hat on? while the average joe is indeed rather stupid most Victorians are savvy enough to know 1/2 the sides make the finals so its not much of anything, and are some what familiar with draft 'its good to finish low' system

Thank goodness i had parked the car when he made is "the fams wouldn't have accepted an 8 year rebuild" comment

What an absolute cop out and insult.

We deserve better than having to carry the can for the clubs mistakes  :banghead
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2016, 05:31:09 PM »
Yeah bro I eat up everything they say, they are all perfect :lol. Get a grip. Just because I agree with him on this one doesn't mean I agree with everything they say. I also said nothing about liking/disliking Dimma from the start.

I think you've missed my point. I'm not pointing to the minority in here to use them as evidence, I am saying the opposite. As I said, most in here are loyal supporters that have been around for a long time whereas a majority of supporters are fickle and would not hang around if we were not having any slight amount of "success" (losing finals isn't success but it's "better" than not making them).

Funny. I almost put a whole bit in my previous post about them still having to wear the blame because in the end they made the call whether it was based on what they thought was best or they caved in on perceived pressure from supporters. But silly me thought 'surely Willy is mature enough to understand that I am not trying to absolve RFC of any blame but rather addressing the hypocrisy of some supporters because they can be mutually exclusive.' My bad I guess, just like how me not wanting Thompson as coach automatically means I want Dimma

Hmmm. Ok. Kinda sounded like you were defending Dan the Truth Speaker Richo, but I'll take your word for it.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2016, 05:52:23 PM »
They listen to the fans in this instance but not in others ?

Lolz.

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2016, 07:04:10 PM »
I'd like to clarify what I meant when I said that he spoke the truth. He told us what the club was really thinking back then. It doesn't mean it was what the supporter was really thinking.
The club has lost touch with its members. It doesn't realize that the diehard supporters would have stuck through a proper rebuild. They may have lost the band wagon types but who the hell cares? Obviously they did. Obsessed with its 3-0-75 target, it took short cuts to get there at the long term success' expense.

Sorry, but the club needs to rapidly change course.

Moves are happening right now behind the scenes. A meeting last night occurred. More will come out of that. :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2016, 07:32:32 PM »
I'd like to clarify what I meant when I said that he spoke the truth. He told us what the club was really thinking back then. It doesn't mean it was what the supporter was really thinking.
The club has lost touch with its members. It doesn't realize that the diehard supporters would have stuck through a proper rebuild. They may have lost the band wagon types but who the hell cares? Obviously they did. Obsessed with its 3-0-75 target, it took short cuts to get there at the long term success' expense.

Moves are happening right now behind the scenes. A meeting last night occurred. More will come out of that. :shh

Right.

Wtf was that 3 0-75 rubbish again?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2016, 10:22:21 PM »

Right.

Wtf was that 3 0-75 rubbish again?
Announced in 2010. A 5-year plan that said by 2014:
* We'd achieve 3 finals appearances (made two 2013-14; third was in 2015).
* Have zero debt (tick).
* Reach 75,000 members (currently 72k).