Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176866 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Apparently Mrs Lids isn't happy at all 😉

Probably never worked a day in her life.

2-3 years up in Sydney won't hurt.
could say the same about you.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame

Oh yeah, how do you figure that?  :wallywink

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Who stuffin cares what his missus thinks? What is this, Housewives of the OER?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Who stuffin cares what his missus thinks? What is this, Housewives of the OER?

Could make a soap opera. Plenty of lead roles already filled.

Cotch's missus as the overly opinionated one constantly defending Cotchin against everyone.

Peggy Sue as the Matriarch.

Nurse Brandene avoiding conflict.

Reece Eating too much hospital food

Lmfao
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Balme went into detail how the Brett Deledio trade to the GWS Giants was carried out by the club.

“He said with all these other things going on, he wants to be reinvigorated and would like an opportunity somewhere else,” said Balme.

“At first he spoke with Geelong and obviously for different reasons they weren’t able to do it themselves to make all these things happen.

“Then GWS got involved which was out of the blue for us but they came to us and obviously went to him and said we could make something happen.

“Earlier on we heard the Bulldogs but they claimed they had no interest and then all of a sudden they did which was a bit unusual but that’s what happened.

“Then it was up to him to decide kind of what he wanted to do…we were happy to help him in some way with what he wanted to do and when he said I’m keen to have a look at the GWS thing, once there was a reasonable deal to be done it could be done.”

Balme says that Richmond could have told other clubs that they would not trade Deledio and he would have then expected the 29-year-old to be a committed Tiger, but decided it was best to let him move.

“To be fair to Brett, he always said he was happy to play on, he’s happy for his contract to be his contract. It wouldn’t have been a problem getting him to buy in I think,” he said.

“We were confident that if we were to insist he would have still been a valuable player for us and been happy to play.

“Should we have been hard on it and say you have a contract and that’s it? Or do we listen to what a player says? I think one of the things in today’s footy which hasn’t changed since 1858, you’ve got to have guys that really want to play for you and when a player says they want to go, obviously you have to take that into account by some degree.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2016/10/21/neil-balme-talks-yarran-and-why-the-tigers-let-go-of-lids/

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
If they listened to what players said, dimmer would be homeless
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Heard some stuff abt Lids today, evidently has massive tickets on himself and not a team player.... comments?

We are meant to comment about what you've heard although we have no idea what you heard because you haven't told us? :lol

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Not sure if it's related or now, but I heard from a bloke who works at the club that there was a big rift in the playing group this year.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Not sure if it's related or now, but I heard from a bloke who works at the club that there was a big rift in the playing group this year.

Do tell.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

you dont play the well we did for things to be rosy. I would think most players have had enough of the coach

I just hope dusty hangs around, or we are looking at 4 first rounders next year and a complete rebuild which when you look at it might not be such a bad thing.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Wouldn't mind a letter to the fans from
Lids.

Well you got what you wished for

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Oh yeah, how do you figure that?  :wallywink
The same way you did  ;)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Wouldn't mind a letter to the fans from
Lids.

Well you got what you wished for
Yep.

Great stuff from Lids.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond's 'special place in my heart': Lids (afl site)
« Reply #1153 on: October 24, 2016, 04:07:31 PM »
Richmond's 'special place in my heart': Lids

Dinny Navaratnam 
afl.com.au
October 24, 2016 10:07 AM

GREATER Western Sydney recruit Brett Deledio has bid farewell to his former club, declaring Richmond "will always hold a special place in my heart".

In an Instagram post on Monday morning, the first player drafted in 2004 thanked the Tigers.

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank the RFC (Richmond Football Club) for all that they have done for me since I arrived in 2004," Deledio said.

"I am incredibly grateful for the support, faith and guidance the club has shown in me.

"Not only developing me into an AFL footballer, but also helping me turn into the person I have become."

The comments were posted alongside a picture from his younger days, featuring longer hair and blond tips.

Deledio shared the vice-captaincy this year with ruckman Ivan Maric.

"To the Tiger faithful, thank you for sticking with me and the club through thick and thin in the time I have been at the club," he said.

"We have had some ups and downs but there you were, every weekend, cheering on the boys with that famous Tiger roar that always sent chills down my spine whenever we were making a charge at the MCG.

"While I have decided to have a fresh start, Richmond will always hold a special place in my heart and I will always be forever grateful of the influence the club has had on me."

Deledio, 29, took a pay cut to sign a three-year deal at the Giants.

He was restricted to 11 games this year after a season bookended by quad and calf injuries.

The dual All Australian had been adamant throughout the season he would stay at the Tigers despite speculation he would leave, and was contracted at the club until the end of 2017.

A trade saw Richmond receive a first- and third-round selection for next season, with the first-round pick tied to Geelong.

Hello everyone, From blonde tips and skinny arms to twelve years later and a fresh start. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the RFC for all that they have done for me since I arrived in 2004. I am incredibly grateful for the support, faith and guidance the club has shown in me. Not only developing me into an AFL footballer, but also helping me turn into the person I have become. I've met so many wonderful people at Tigerland over the years, many of which I am proud to call my close friends. To the Tiger faithful, thank you for sticking with me and the club through thick and thin in the time I have been at the club. We have had some ups and downs but there you were, every weekend, cheering on the boys with that famous Tiger roar that always sent chills down my spine whenever we were making a charge at the MCG. While I have decided to have a fresh start, Richmond will always hold a special place in my heart and I will always be forever grateful of the influence the club has had on me. I have always relished a challenge and I can't wait to embark on a new journey with the Giants. I hope the experience will be a successful one, but most importantly, it's a chance for me to learn some new things about our great game from a different perspective. Thanks again, Lids

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-24/brett-deledios-heartfelt-farewell-to-richmond-supporters

Offline dogged

• Jack Dyer medallist
absolutely untrue