Author Topic: Yarran's future at the Tigers in doubt (Age)/ Indefinite Leave  (Read 20307 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/chris-yarrans-future-at-the-tigers-in-doubt-20160518-goyehk.html

Chris Yarran's football future remains clouded with Richmond unable to say when their new recruit will play football at any level for the Tigers or whether he will line up at all this season.

With Yarran due to return back to Melbourne from Perth on Thursday, the management around him remains highly sensitive as he deals with a number of personal issues.

The club revealed on Tuesday that the 25-year-old had returned home to deal with a difficult family situation, but Fairfax Media understands Yarran's emotional issues are more complex.

Chris Yarran's football future remains clouded with Richmond unable to say when their new recruit will play football at any level for the Tigers or whether he will line up at all this season.

With Yarran due to return back to Melbourne from Perth on Thursday, the management around him remains highly sensitive as he deals with a number of personal issues.

The club revealed on Tuesday that the 25-year-old had returned home to deal with a difficult family situation, but Fairfax Media understands Yarran's emotional issues are more complex.

Initially expected to return to playing from pre-season surgery six or seven weeks into the season, the club has removed any time line from Yarran's return to football and has not ruled out him not playing this season.

Those close to Yarran have been highly complimentary of the club's handling of the talented but troubled player.

While Richmond was disappointed at Yarran's physical condition when he arrived at the club after his off-season break, they have allowed the player a number of short leaves of absence to deal with his issues.

Yarran's manager Paul Connors refused to elaborate on his charge's football prospects this year, but confirmed the two would meet before the weekend.

Richmond played down the severity of the Yarran situation.

The superbly talented former Carlton player came to the club as its biggest-name recruit in a trade after a difficult 2015 season with the Blues.

Tigers chief Brendon Gale strongly denied suggestions Yarran might never play for Richmond.

"My understanding was that he was progressing well through rehab," said Gale.

"He's been working with Trent Cotchin. His return may be indefinite but I certainly wouldn't say he won't be back this year.

"There's a fragility to Chris and we all understand that and we obviously knew this recent family news would hit hard."
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:50:14 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Chris Yarran's future at the Tigers in doubt (Age)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 07:08:41 AM »
Well done Richmond  :clapping

Ever heard of stuffing due dilligence?

Its pretty much a write off trade now.

Just to confirm:-

We trade pick 19 in return for a big fat donut. A guy who cant physically or mentally getting on the park.

LLLLLMFAOOOOO
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 07:24:54 AM »
Haha and let me guess dimwit hackley and that wanker Richardson will still have a job next year

Rince and repeat down at ComedyFC
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 07:30:33 AM »
Haha and let me guess dimwit hackley and that wanker Richardson will still have a job next year

Rince and repeat down at ComedyFC

"Oh look, you never get every pick right, and in a weird sort of way we think our drafting has been a terrific effort. And thats important to us"
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 09:17:37 AM »
Sky is falling in right now, I'm holding up a sign which says "Mother"
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 09:30:38 AM »
Someone writes a article & everyone believes what is written in a newspaper.  :snidegrin

Offline Chopstix

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 10:13:29 AM »
Reading between the lines this is Caro's way of getting the club to come clean on whats happening with Yazz.

She actually has no clue whats going on.

And she is right - the club does need to be clear on whats happening with him - none of this 'TBC' crap.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 11:00:19 AM »
Someone writes a article & everyone believes what is written in a newspaper.  :snidegrin

Yep

Reading between the lines this is Caro's way of getting the club to come clean on whats happening with Yazz.

And she is right - the club does need to be clear on whats happening with him - none of this 'TBC' crap.

And no she is wrong, if it is a private family matter then we have no right to know what the issues are. And that is what you are suggesting

I doubt she would want her private family matters out in the  media

There is line that shouldnt be crossed and i believe this is one of those times.

Just like with the Reece McKenzie situation. The club kept that out of the media for a reason, when the time was roght they made a statement. 

Why should this be any different?

But everyone's understanding and compassion is duly noted

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 11:01:47 AM »
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/chris-yarrans-future-at-the-tigers-in-doubt-20160518-goyehk.html

Initially expected to return to playing from pre-season surgery six or seven weeks into the season, the club has removed any time line from Yarran's return to football and has not ruled out him not playing this season.

Those close to Yarran have been highly complimentary of the club's handling of the talented but troubled player.

While Richmond was disappointed at Yarran's physical condition when he arrived at the club after his off-season break, they have allowed the player a number of short leaves of absence to deal with his issues.

Yarran's manager Paul Connors refused to elaborate on his charge's football prospects this year, but confirmed the two would meet before the weekend.

Richmond played down the severity of the Yarran situation.

The superbly talented former Carlton player came to the club as its biggest-name recruit in a trade after a difficult 2015 season with the Blues.

Tigers chief Brendon Gale strongly denied suggestions Yarran might never play for Richmond.

"My understanding was that he was progressing well through rehab," said Gale.

"He's been working with Trent Cotchin. His return may be indefinite but I certainly wouldn't say he won't be back this year.

"There's a fragility to Chris and we all understand that and we obviously knew this recent family news would hit hard."

That's a lot of words to say nothin
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 11:05:55 AM »
where there's smoke there's ol Blair Hartley and Hackson screwing things up as per usual.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 11:05:55 AM »
That's a lot of words to say nothin

And thats one of your better posts

Your are spot on

Offline Chopstix

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 11:07:31 AM »

Yep

And no she is wrong, if it is a private family matter then we have no right to know what the issues are. And that is what you are suggesting

There is line that shouldnt be crossed and i believe this is one of those times.

Just like with the Reece McKenzie situation. The club kept that out of the media for a reason, when the time was roght they made a statement. 

Nope I was talking about his physical state. His mental or family issues are nobody's business but his own.

If he is physically right to go or 3 weeks off then say that.

The club needs to be transparent about this.

If he needs time away for personal reasons then just say that.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 11:12:13 AM »

Yep

Nope I was talking about his physical state. His mental or family issues are nobody's business but his own.

But. They lie all the time. Deledio Grimes Maric. Not just when someone goes walkabout. Member$hip$$  :whistle. Why would they say the truth about big fish yazza?

Hopefully he gets right and in the team. The back line looks alarmingly average with hunt. Chaplin. Bachelor. Morris. All together.
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 11:15:20 AM »

Funny i thought the club did say this week that he had gone home for family reasons

So it's been said but Caro and a number of other  journos won't accept that. 

They have also listed this week that like a couple of other players his time out with the foot problem is now to be confirmed which like Houli case they are waiting for advice from the surgeon.

Offline Chopstix

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 12:15:48 PM »
The surgery for Yarran was a success they already told us that.

They also told us he was progressing well and doing rehab with Trent Cotchin.

Has there been a setback physically?

Or is this purely a personal issue?

Transparency and clarification would help kill the rumours.