Author Topic: Yarran's future at the Tigers in doubt (Age)/ Indefinite Leave  (Read 20153 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Chris Yarran's future at the Tigers in doubt (Age)
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2016, 06:12:30 PM »
Guy gets drafted at Pick 19, turns up overweight and cant get on the park for physical and mental reasons.

Yet lets not be critical of the club until he gets on the park? Lets overlook a lost year? Lets overlook lack of due diligence in the decision to draft him? And lets not entertain the certain possibility  he wont get on the park.
I don't think anyone is saying that we shouldn't be critical Dooks. The fact remains that the decision was made and he is now a tiger. We should be offering him all the support in the world to make sure that he CAN get on the park again and light up the MCG for our club. From what I understand, all is not lost and if you look at his recent Instagram photos, he has lost the excess weight he came to the club with. So instead of fans bagging him, we should be doing everything we can to encourage him to be back ASAP.

To me it's easy. You can either sit back and go whackety whack, whack whack on a continual basis and send messages to the club that they made a monumental F**k up or you can try to make a bad situation better by being supportive to the player who clearly has issues and maybe, just maybe he'll come good for us. If he doesn't, well, we can go whackety whack, whack whack at that point. I know I'll be pumping the former because he is one of ours now and just like family, you look after them despite their deficiencies and weaknesses.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2016, 06:27:36 PM »
Guy gets drafted at Pick 19, turns up overweight and cant get on the park for physical and mental reasons.

Yet lets not be critical of the club until he gets on the park? Lets overlook a lost year? Lets overlook lack of due diligence in the decision to draft him? And lets not entertain the certain possibility  he wont get on the park.
I don't think anyone is saying that we shouldn't be critical Dooks. The fact remains that the decision was made and he is now a tiger. We should be offering him all the support in the world to make sure that he CAN get on the park again and light up the MCG for our club. From what I understand, all is not lost and if you look at his recent Instagram photos, he has lost the excess weight he came to the club with. So instead of fans bagging him, we should be doing everything we can to encourage him to be back ASAP.

To me it's easy. You can either sit back and go whackety whack, whack whack on a continual basis and send messages to the club that they made a monumental F**k up or you can try to make a bad situation better by being supportive to the player who clearly has issues and maybe, just maybe he'll come good for us. If he doesn't, well, we can go whackety whack, whack whack at that point. I know I'll be pumping the former because he is one of ours now and just like family, you look after them despite their deficiencies and weaknesses.

Exactly, great post
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2016, 06:58:35 PM »

na stuff him for reasons listed above and especially stuff the club.

they deserve everything they get for this one.

To think they dont pay overs for this gun player or that gun player but waste their cap on duds from adelaide, carlton and port.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2016, 09:37:21 PM »
Don't fret - next year he'll be like a new recruit! :gotigers
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2016, 11:50:57 PM »
lol,
no one knows jack crapola

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2016, 09:44:15 PM »
Well we may have made a blunder on yarran but it could be worse..........we could could have got bennell too.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2016, 10:20:48 PM »
Or Cloke

Seriously LMAO who would encourage getting this spud

tony_montana

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2016, 10:39:16 PM »
Was due to come back yesterday and sit down with his manager and the club - any news?

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2016, 12:31:21 AM »
Ask Caro she thinks she knows everything  ;D

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2016, 12:36:10 AM »
To look at it the other way the side was good enough to win 15 games

Yarren was only Sposed to be Dimmas morning coffee cream to get 30 touches and 2 goals in an elimination final

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2016, 11:33:24 AM »
 :-\
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2016, 02:32:10 PM »
Hardwick denies Yarran's future in doubt

Daniel Cherny
The Age
May 21, 2016

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has denied Chris Yarran's future at the Tigers is in doubt, but concedes the dashing defender was unlikely to play for the club in the short-term.

Yarran, 25, arrived back in Melbourne from Western Australia on Thursday. The former Carlton backman had been in Perth to deal with a family issue. He is yet to play for Richmond after signing a three-year deal with the club in October after being traded from the Blues, with a foot injury delaying his debut in yellow and black.

Speaking at Melbourne Airport before the Tigers crossed the Nullarbor for Saturday night's clash against Fremantle, Hardwick appeared confident that Yarran would eventually take the field for his new club, despite the playmaker being on indefinite leave.

"Chris has obviously had some family issues that he's working through at the moment. He'll continue to work through those. He's had a rough patch," Hardwick said.

"We're just here to support him and give him whatever support he needs. He's going to be a quality player for us for a long period of time. We just wish him the best and hope he can get back on the park for us at some stage."

Asked whether there was any doubt about Yarran's future at Punt Road, Hardwick responded strongly. "No, not at this stage. Absolutely not. He's a player that we've invested in and from our point of view we're looking forward to what he can present on the field.

"[But] that's probably not going to be in the short term."

Hardwick said he was proud of the way the Tigers have handled Yarran's situation, as well as that of youngster Reece McKenzie, who is also on leave from the club – dealing with a mental health issue. "Players come with issues all the time. The best place to be, in my opinion, is within a footy club. We've got fantastic people that provide really good resources in that area and we attack problems head on. As a football club we're really proud of our efforts and support that we've given both those players."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-says-chris-yarran-will-return-to-the-tigers-at-some-stage-20160520-gozrop.html

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2016, 02:40:49 PM »
Oh look, in a strange sort of way, we feel even if he never plays a game for us, that we made the right decision drafting him. And thats important to us.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2016, 06:45:14 PM »

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2016, 07:20:28 PM »
It's a pity we've taken 2 risks in mckenzie and yarran and neither have paid off. What other risks have we taken that have paid off? Both would be good players for the RFC if they can get it together upstairs IMHO.