Author Topic: Yarran's future at the Tigers in doubt (Age)/ Indefinite Leave  (Read 20352 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Chris Yarran's future at the Tigers in doubt (Age)
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2016, 07:25:19 PM »
It's a pity we've taken 2 risks in mckenzie and yarran and neither have paid off. What other risks have we taken that have paid off? Both would be good players for the RFC if they can get it together upstairs IMHO.

not as massive risk as a rookie
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2016, 07:43:07 PM »
Wasn't mckenzie pick 70 odd ND? He is on the main list not the rookie I believe

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2016, 08:28:09 PM »
Yeah McKenzie on the main list. Unless Stalin meant rookie as in 'a youngster'

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2016, 10:55:42 AM »
I think I have missed something.
When they say he is dealing with a family issue, what does that mean for him? He went back home and did what he did, but why is he out infinitely?
Are we tiptoeing around he has mental issues?

I'm not trying to be insensitive but if he has, what has that got to do with "family issues"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2016, 10:56:56 AM »
Wasn't mckenzie pick 70 odd ND? He is on the main list not the rookie I believe

Oh yeah

Pick 70 odd is not a massive risk
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2016, 10:59:34 AM »
When they say he is dealing with a family issue, what does that mean for him? He went back home and did what he did, but why is he out infinitely?

I'm not trying to be insensitive but if he has, what has that got to do with "family issues"
There is no doubt that he has mental issues. Possibly any family problems just exacerbate them.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2016, 11:03:30 AM »
Interesting to year Ross Lyon talking about the issues they have with Bennell.

Pretty much put it out in the open then got stuck into the media for the whispers and challenged anyone that has anything to tell to come forward or STFU, as the constant innuendo does not help.

Compare that to the mushroom treatment we get - the continued whispers, innuendo and accusations that will flourish because of it
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2016, 11:03:48 AM »
I hope  it works out for him, it's obviously a private and personal issue for him.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2016, 12:34:46 PM »

There is no doubt that he has mental issues. Possibly any family problems just exacerbate them.
So why don't they just come and say it? Instead they say "family issues"
By the looks of things one of his family members had a baby last week which is great news but has nothing to do with why he is out indefinitely.

With all the info in the world today about mental health, most understand its a very serious issue and people are more educated now than in days gone by so why not just come out and say it if it is actually the reason.
The media for one will take a step back for him to just go about getting well again. There is no reason to go into details just come out and give a statement and people will be move on and stop sepulating. 

Good luck to him and I still have hope for him running around in a tigers jumper soon.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2016, 03:56:53 PM »
With all the info in the world today about mental health, most understand its a very serious issue and people are more educated now than in days gone by so why not just come out and say it if it is actually the reason.
The media for one will take a step back for him to just go about getting well again. There is no reason to go into details just come out and give a statement and people will be move on and stop sepulating. 

Sadly, it still can carry a lot of stigma for individuals and is even more poorly understood in Indigenous communities so for Yarran he might prefer it's kept quiet. Who knows though

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2016, 04:11:24 PM »
Lmaoo at kept quiet......as you post on a public forum
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2016, 04:57:35 PM »

Tf you talking about?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2016, 08:00:19 PM »

Tf you talking about?

Good enough for speculation at the obvious but not an honest word from Yarran or the club.

And before the usual swooping Carrawongs ark up, hes a public figure. He puts himself out there. And hes drawing a luxurious wage. At least a bit of honesty please. We deserve to know.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2016, 09:00:21 PM »

Tf you talking about?

Good enough for speculation at the obvious but not an honest word from Yarran or the club.

And before the usual swooping Carrawongs ark up, hes a public figure. He puts himself out there. And hes drawing a luxurious wage. At least a bit of honesty please. We deserve to know.
While I understand your sentiments, a person's health information is private, whether they are public figures or not. As a footballer, he can allow the information that he wants released both to the club and to the public and he can withhold what he wants as well. That is not an opinion. It is the law.

I think the club has hinted what is going on without blatantly stating it too. Maybe they don't want to say too much that would allow opposition players to use it against him on the field as well.

All we can do is support the guy as he is obviously having difficulties in his life. I can only assume that Chris would love to be running out this week for us in the Dreamtime match if he could. It must be difficult for him to be on the sidelines for so long. Berating him and the club has no positive effects that I can see.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2016, 11:05:43 PM »
Caro on Footy Classified tonight:

* The Club can't say if or when Yarran will play this year. Which is very disappointing.

* The reason for that has nothing to do with injury. Yarran has personal/emotional issues he is dealing with. The Club and those outside the Club (his manager Paul Connors) are supporting him and handling this very well by all reports.

* The reasons given for him going home to WA the other day has nothing to do with this.

* Like Bennell but for different reasons, you've got to say this trade has been a failure.