Author Topic: Richmond VFL -v- Footscray at the Whitten Oval  (Read 7039 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Richmond VFL -v- Footscray at the Whitten Oval
« on: July 07, 2016, 07:13:34 PM »

Richmond

B: 36. C Moore 25. T Chaplin 43. T Elton

HB:  39. N Drummond 11. J Batchelor 35. N Broad

C: 15. A Moore 21. J Townsend 51. S Darley

HF: 71. N Mellington 73. T Couch 23. K Lambert

F: 7. B Lennon 29. T Vickery 41. M Chol

R: 20. I Maric 44. A Marcon 54. J Ballard

Int 40. D Butler 58. J Aarts 78. D Coffield 47. I Soldo 60. T Langford 59. A Morris 64. T Silvestro 52. A Scott

23P:61. J Fletcher

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Re: Richmond VFL -v- Footscray at the Whitten Oval
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 07:29:59 PM »
good to see Toddy back

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 11:10:05 PM »
good to see Toddy back
I took a look recently at Elton's draft year footage and he was a very good mark of the footy and moved really well for a big bloke. He looked really comfortable as a forward. Take a look and leg me know what you think.

Play him forward IMO and let him run and jump at the footy. We are crying out for a decent KPF.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 11:25:13 PM »
good to see Toddy back
I took a look recently at Elton's draft year footage and he was a very good mark of the footy and moved really well for a big bloke. He looked really comfortable as a forward. Take a look and leg me know what you think.

Play him forward IMO and let him run and jump at the footy. We are crying out for a decent KPF.
Todd Elton was fantastic in the air. Could really clunk a mark Always a big lad but had good pace  was a good mover over the ground  and really good agility. Was one i complained about for being played out of position but of course plenty around here defended the club and the need to have versatile players.

I know most dont see it but i am still filthy that at no stage have we played McBean at chb. Its ironic the one tall who had spent a decent amount of time in defense as a junior and did real well was McBean and at no stage have the fools even contemplated the move despite the fact we have played two ruck/fwd types for years who have basically kept bean out of the side right or wrong.and that is despite the need to find really good kpds.

This footy club has just crucified what talls we have had. Ffs let em develop in the roles they have performed best at. once they fit in and have a bit of confidence then look for the versatility if we lack.
Lost count of how many times i have had to argue this point on tiger sites.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 11:30:24 PM »
good to see Toddy back

Todd Elton was fantastic in the air. Could really clunk a mark Always a big lad but had good pace  was a good mover over the ground  and really good agility. Was one i complained about for being played out of position but of course plenty around here defended the club and the need to have versatile players.

I know most dont see it but i am still filthy that at no stage have we played McBean at chb. Its ironic the one tall who had spent a decent amount of time in defense as a junior and did real well was McBean and at no stage have the fools even contemplated the move despite the fact we have played two ruck/fwd types for years who have basically kept bean out of the side right or wrong.and that is despite the need to find really good kpds.

This footy club has just crucified what talls we have had. Ffs let em develop in the roles they have performed best at. once they fit in and have a bit of confidence then look for the versatility if we lack.

You reckon McBean is being played out of position?

He won the VFL goal kicking and came close a second time playing out of position?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 11:44:41 PM »
good to see Toddy back

:clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 11:57:58 PM »
good to see Toddy back

You reckon McBean is being played out of position?

He won the VFL goal kicking and came close a second time playing out of position?
Bean has been around for 4 years a period where we desperatyely needed to develop  kpds.  in thos e 4 years he has played 2 games? Because we had two almost clones as far as type goes keeping him out of the side.

I would have happily taken McBean in his draft year as a kpd he performed that well in the role. Now with this in mind at no stage while two very similar types have kept him out of the side have we even contemplated using him in defense.
Just to finish McBean has his knocks on his game and those knocks again suggest to me he should have been developed as a defender.

As  a fwd in the vfl yes he has kicked goals and showed he can play fwd as well.It says heaps about his versatility.
I dont get the angst we could never play three 200cm tall fwds in the one team, imo  the one who showed the most promise as a defender was never ever tried there.Yet others it seems was tried there willy nilly.

Imo at 200cm McBean does not tick enough boxes as a kpf at afl level. H e may at some stage prove that statement wrong i hope it is this week.

Any way i have given my opinion on this i am no longer prepared to debate the whys and why nots on this site of any oif my opinions its an opinion you can agrre or not i dont give a stuff.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 12:16:12 AM »
when is it? time and day?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 09:36:59 AM »
Tv coverage?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 09:40:00 AM »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 11:24:46 AM »

Just to finish McBean has his knocks on his game and those knocks again suggest to me he should have been developed as a defender.

Any way i have given my opinion on this i am no longer prepared to debate the whys and why nots on this site of any oif my opinions its an opinion you can agrre or not i dont give a stuff.

You don't think he's deficiencies in the air and his ability to out body players and will himself to contests will make him a pretty lousy defender? I could be wrong but I think his pros and cons definitely put him in the forward category. Saying that, we try everyone in the backline so why is he different?

Oh and don't be pooty

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2016, 02:40:40 PM »
Scores anyone?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2016, 02:43:07 PM »
No matter, it appears we are dominating

Richmond VFL‏ @RichmondVFL
QT: Lambert hits the post on the siren which caps off an encouraging; yet inaccurate quarter. 4.8 (32) to 3.1 (19) #gotiges #PJVFL
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.