Author Topic: Wins in 2006?  (Read 3096 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Wins in 2006?
« on: January 09, 2006, 06:44:41 PM »
The RFC site is running a new poll asking how many games do you think Richmond will win in the 2006 season? 

The response so far is:

Less than 5: 1%
6 - 8: 7%
9 - 11: 30%
12 - 14: 42%
15 or more:  18%

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Wins in 2006?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 08:30:06 PM »
I'll admit to being one of the 42%  ;D :gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 11:27:22 PM »
I went with the 30%. We're still mostly a young side so IMHO the youngsters will probably need another year of experience at AFL level before they hit their straps collectively. Finals in 2007+ :thumbsup.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 11:33:39 PM »
I'm thinking 9-11 aswell.

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 01:23:31 AM »
I went with the 30%. We're still mostly a young side so IMHO the youngsters will probably need another year of experience at AFL level before they hit their straps collectively. Finals in 2007+ :thumbsup.

2007+ = no more Richo, Gaspar, Kellaway

2007+ = Bowden, Brown, Johnson etc. getting rather old

blx

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 11:17:59 AM »

totally fine with the natural elimination of older players in fact i'm strangely looking forward to the day that we no longer need to rely on the richo's, gaspars and kellaways and start blooding the next generation of tiges.

bling it on  :thumbsup

(love all the new avatars)

:jump

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 06:32:22 PM »

Agree with blx. If we are still reliant on these three in 2 years time then we have not progressed at all.

Barring major injury, Bowden, Johnson and Browny still have a few years at their prime left in them. Playing mostly on flanks and in pockets as the youngsters take over the leading midfield roles will prolong their careers also.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 04:37:42 PM »

Agree with blx. If we are still reliant on these three in 2 years time then we have not progressed at all.

Barring major injury, Bowden, Johnson and Browny still have a few years at their prime left in them. Playing mostly on flanks and in pockets as the youngsters take over the leading midfield roles will prolong their careers also.

I reckon Richo will still be around by 2007, will probably be playing an Alastair Lynch type role though

Moi

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 05:32:21 PM »
I reckon about 6 - 8 if we're lucky.  Say that because of all the interstate games and the general let down after playing interstate the week after.  Be more than happy if i'm wrong.

Eff the AFL and their fixturing.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 05:25:02 PM »
I reckon about 6 - 8 if we're lucky.  Say that because of all the interstate games and the general let down after playing interstate the week after.  Be more than happy if i'm wrong.

Eff the AFL and their fixturing.

Yep, agree that this years fixture is a challenge to increase total wins, therefore predict 8 wins, and considerable development of the 2nd & 3rd year listed players.

Building, Building, Building ...

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 06:00:49 PM »

I reckon Richo will still be around by 2007, will probably be playing an Alastair Lynch type role though

Doubt his body will hold out for another 2 years let alone Lynch style.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 03:03:26 AM »

Doubt his body will hold out for another 2 years let alone Lynch style.

The only real issue is his knee which needed to be drained. If we can manage Richo through that then he's still got at least a couple of years left in him.

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 09:34:51 AM »
Me say 12-14, but I think that remains up to luck with injuries etc .... We have a tough start, but we are sposed to be on the improve now.
I am not expecting any miracles and we could finish with as little as probably say 7 or 8 wins (This would be dissapointing to say the least).

Just hoping for another strong season and hopefully start to end these floggings we keep getting from the sides up the top and in form when we play them and end some of these blockbuster humiliations we get. Then we are on our way somewhere.

Everyone keeps pumping up the doggies, but believe me we are right with them in the speed stakes and have the bigs to complement the smalls. Bulldogs Bulldogs bla bla bla - we have more of a chance of going ALL THE WAY in the next 3-4 years.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 11:07:20 AM »
I think our draw will make this year a disappointing year, if we can get past the first month with a couple of wins then we are going extremely well. If we can hit the halfway mark of the season 50/50 then I think we will come home with our tails up and full of steam.

But too many ifs for my liking and unfortunately feel 8 wins for the season is on the cards.  :-\
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 06:52:40 PM »
While the boys today did well following the run and carry gameplan Wallace is implementing, our skills as a whole team in sync still needs to improve before we move up the ladder. IMO still too many kicks and handballs just missing targets. Still it's only mid-January and Wallace has said himself we aren't ready to play a game of footy yet.