Author Topic: Tigers start talks with prospective assistants  (Read 50090 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Tigers start talks with prospective assistants
« on: September 06, 2016, 09:25:43 PM »
Tigers start talks with prospective assistants
Nathan Schmook   
September 6, 2016 5:51 PM
RICHMOND has started interviewing assistant coaches as it continues to work through its yet-to-be released football department review.

It is believed at least one of the coaches being targeted to fill one of three existing vacancies is from a top-eight club about to embark on a finals campaign.

The Tigers insist their football review is ongoing and have said the decisions reached with consultants Ernst and Young will only be released at its conclusion.

CEO Brendon Gale was reluctant to put any timeframe on when the review would conclude or speak about the club's coaching vacancies on Monday.

It is understood some senior members of the club's coaching group were not interviewed as part of the football department review.

Of the club's remaining coaches, Brendon Lade has been offered a one-year contract, while it is believed Mark P Williams has been offered a less prominent position as a forward scout.

Williams was one of three football department staff who joined senior coach Damien Hardwick on an off-season education trip to the US last October.

While clubs are encouraged not to interview senior coaching candidates who are involved in September, the AFL Coaches Association said there was no issue interviewing uncontracted assistants engaged in finals.

"It is their right and obligation to start interviewing for assistant coaches … they've got to do what's best for their club, which is find the right candidate," AFLCA CEO Mark Brayshaw told AFL.com.au.

"So long as they're interviewing candidates who have been notified by their club on or before August 1 that their club either won't be re-contracting them or can't commit to re-contracting them."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-06/tigers-start-talks-with-prospective-assistants
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar 1960

Re: Tigers start talks with prospective assistants
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 09:27:49 PM »
M .Voss
And don't be surprised to see the name M.Knights as well 😉

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 09:33:11 PM »
Hope it's Voss his done such a great job wherever he has coached

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 10:02:07 PM »

You're right Frank Angus

Voss would be a mistake
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 10:02:42 PM »
M .Voss

Matty Knights is way overdue. Good to elevate him when we finish the 2017 season 7th and no finals win.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 10:41:04 PM »

You're right Frank Angus

Voss would be a mistake
Frank Angus? I thought it was Angus Hackson!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 11:03:25 PM »
Matty Knights would be a really positive appointment and an obvious appointment to take over when Hardwick patience runs thin
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 11:15:13 PM »
M .Voss

Matty Knights is way overdue. Good to elevate him when we finish the 2017 season 7th and no finals win.

Optimistic on several counts there....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 11:19:32 PM »
M .Voss

Optimistic on several counts there....

Yes optimism is good. On several counts, better

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 11:53:30 PM »
Dumma Halfstep: Welcome back to Tigerland Knighter so glad to have you back at Punt Road.

Matty Knights: Thanks mate, really glad to be back, its been a long time.

DH: so it's been a bit of a disaster here during the off season, a bit like me in the bedroom ha ha.

MK: Yes I've heard. Who are the newbies coming through?

DH: We are super excited with the special gems picked up in this years draft. I mean Francis has outdone himself this time, can you believe none of the phantom drafts had our first pick no where near the top 40? But Francis showed me this highlights tape and its absolutely amazing. Cream on the top, unlike me in the bedroom ha ha.

MK: So I've got some ideas that could help our midfield really utilise its strengths and I've got some forward structures that we could discuss to get more score on the board, I really believe in quick ball movement right through the mid...(interrupted)

DH: (interrupting) Woah stop right there Matty awesome stuff and that may have worked down at Geelong but we are really serious about our processes moving forward and we just don't deviate from that here. It's really an excellent game plan, unlike me in the bedroom ha ha.

MK: So what's the plan?

DH: No Matty it's a blueprint, I call it the "blueprint to success". You know I've been involved in three premierships at 3 different clubs don't you?  I mean I know what's required to be a premiership coach of a premiership team. Yes, I was a bit young early on but I'm pretty good now, unlike me in the bedroom haha. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 11:58:17 PM »
Dumma Halfstep: Welcome back to Tigerland Knighter so glad to have you back at Punt Road.

Matty Knights: Thanks mate, really glad to be back, its been a long time.

DH: so it's been a bit of a disaster here during the off season, a bit like me in the bedroom ha ha.

MK: Yes I've heard. Who are the newbies coming through?

DH: We are super excited with the special gems picked up in this years draft. I mean Francis has outdone himself this time, can you believe none of the phantom drafts had our first pick no where near the top 40? But Francis showed me this highlights tape and its absolutely amazing. Cream on the top, unlike me in the bedroom ha ha.

MK: So I've got some ideas that could help our midfield really utilise its strengths and I've got some forward structures that we could discuss to get more score on the board, I really believe in quick ball movement right through the mid...(interrupted)

DH: (interrupting) Woah stop right there Matty awesome stuff and that may have worked down at Geelong but we are really serious about our processes moving forward and we just don't deviate from that here. It's really an excellent game plan, unlike me in the bedroom ha ha.

MK: So what's the plan?

DH: No Matty it's a blueprint, I call it the "blueprint to success". You know I've been involved in three premierships at 3 different clubs don't you?  I mean I know what's required to be a premiership coach of a premiership team. Yes, I was a bit young early on but I'm pretty good now, unlike me in the bedroom haha.

LMAOO

:clapping
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 06:07:34 AM »
 :lol

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 09:21:50 AM »
 :lol :lol :lol
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 11:44:12 AM »
 Chortle

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 11:54:23 AM »