Author Topic: Tigers start talks with prospective assistants  (Read 50098 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Tigers start talks with prospective assistants
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2016, 03:58:57 PM »
Watching Nick Maxwell fire up the Giants before the bounce. We've done far worse in the past.

Would be good leadership inclusion to the club. Not much talent but played with more heart than the entire RFC playing list this season..
Go Tigers!

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2016, 04:03:49 PM »
Rance...

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2016, 11:57:25 AM »
From Saturdays' s Age 10/09/2016

Page 55 in an interview / story about Stevie Johnson

"Richmond are one of at least two Melbourne clubs who have offered him (Johnson) an assistant coahin role next year ..."
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2016, 04:24:00 PM »
Good talent but not sure he'd be a good coach. Not that I'd know

naturaldisaster

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2016, 04:26:10 PM »

Has an excellent footy brain apparently, but I would prefer someone more experienced for now.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2016, 09:00:49 AM »
So what happens when half wit gets sacked by rd 12?  Do we start the search for a senior coach then?  What happens to the new assistants?  If we appoint one of them as his replacement then we haven't done a proper search for the best.  The cart before the horse.  RFC - half arsed efforts and making it up as we go since 1982.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2016, 09:35:06 AM »
Why is being an inrrovert a bad thing now? i would love people to tell me what they think introvert means...
Are you after the Jungian breakdown? There is nothing wrong with being an 'introvert', the problem is that we somehow managed to get a team full of introspective, quiet non communicators and a Board full of them.  'Introvert' I realise is a generalisation but I think we lack some people with some more obvious and overt confidence and presence on the field.  Jack Riewoldt had that, it seems to have been kicked out of him.  He had everything you could want, enthusiasm, skill, drive, passion, selflessness and nouse.  He is a natural leader imo, Cotchin is not, he had it thrust upon him and he does it because he was told to.  Jack, in any other organisation would of been risen to lead because he was meant to and wants to.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2016, 09:49:30 AM »
Why is being an inrrovert a bad thing now? i would love people to tell me what they think introvert means...
Are you after the Jungian breakdown? There is nothing wrong with being an 'introvert', the problem is that we somehow managed to get a team full of introspective, quiet non communicators and a Board full of them.  'Introvert' I realise is a generalisation but I think we lack some people with some more obvious and overt confidence and presence on the field.  Jack Riewoldt had that, it seems to have been kicked out of him.  He had everything you could want, enthusiasm, skill, drive, passion, selflessness and nouse.  He is a natural leader imo, Cotchin is not, he had it thrust upon him and he does it because he was told to.  Jack, in any other organisation would of been risen to lead because he was meant to and wants to.

:pray
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Geelong assistant coach Blake Caracella to leave, linked to Richmond
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2016, 11:57:17 AM »
Geelong assistant coach Blake Caracella to leave, linked to Richmond
SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
8:43AM

HIGHLY regarded Geelong assistant coach Blake Caracella will see out the club’s premiership campaign before leaving to pursue other coaching opportunities.

Caracella told key officials several weeks ago he planned to move on to a new club after seven years at the Cats.

But he will not jump ship until after Geelong’s season is finished and the Cats are approaching the situation as business as usual as they prepare for a preliminary final.

Richmond is looming as a frontrunner for Caracella’s services with his links to new football manager Neil Balme and coach Damien Hardwick.

Caracella worked under Balme at the Cats for five years and also played in Essendon’s 2000 premiership team alongside Hardwick.

An astute thinker of the game, Caracella was credited for helping mould Tom Hawkins into an All-Australian, best-and-fairest winning key forward, notably his work to straighten Hawkins’s goalkicking accuracy.

Caracella’s credentials were underlined last year when he was one of nine assistants accepted into the elite level-four coaching program run by the AFL.

The program is designed to prepare high-performing assistants for the rigours of taking on a potential senior coach position at an AFL club.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/geelong/geelong-assistant-coach-blake-caracella-to-leave-linked-to-richmond/news-story/c72a64df4b7445ae4e1aef9e1bd80e00
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2016, 12:06:47 PM »
Attended a coaching seminar with him 2 years ago.  Great speaker and footy brain.  Certainly had RFC game plan worked out as they had played us the week before were underdogs and smashed us (again)!!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2016, 12:45:07 PM »
Because anyone with links to Dimma is good?lmao
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2016, 01:23:34 PM »
Yesssss :clapping. More people from successful clubs, not these Port plodders

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2016, 01:41:47 PM »

Has an excellent footy brain apparently, but I would prefer someone more experienced for now.

Like hardwick....
Caracella and Balmey.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2016, 03:59:39 PM »
Blake Carasella and Brent Montomery

Can and will confirm they have spoken to Matty Knights as well

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2016, 04:05:54 PM »
Good idea.  Bring in caracella knights and montgomery, put them in a cage and whoever comes out alive gets Hardwicks job at rd 10.  Great selection process.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?