Author Topic: Josh Caddy has retired [merged]  (Read 130606 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Josh Caddy [merged]
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2017, 01:31:30 PM »
Josh Caddy came into the team in a similar midfield/forward role, but his average disposals (17.3) have been down on 2016 at Geelong (20.2). He also hasn't hit the scoreboard as much, kicking three goals from four games, compared to 21 from 18 last season. The recruit is finding his place in the team and expect his score involvements (5.0) and clearances (3.3) to increase the more he plays.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-19/slow-starter-whos-costing-your-club-right-now

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2017, 04:43:32 PM »
What irks me about this guy is when he's one on one jostling for the ball. Martin and Rioli (at least try to) push their players around and bend down to pick the ball up and burst away. Caddy seems content on wrapping his man up and playing soccer in the space of 1 metre

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2017, 05:19:24 PM »
His c/ps clearances total disposals and goals are all around his career average. he is going to play the odd real good game and he will probably play worse at times but what we are seeing is about what he consistently dishes up.

Hes had 30 plus disposal games just twice in his career and had more than 25 just 8 times.To me very good or better  players are consistently in this range.
He has had just one season where he averaged 10 plus c/p's a game and only on one occasion has he ave  more than 2.7 clearances a game.
Inside mids also lay lots of tackles it is the nature of the role he lays just 3.7 a game.
As for goals his best haul is 21 goals from 18 games averaging more than 1 goal a game just and only managed it in one season. He  averages below a goal a game at 0.80.
I have never rated him in 1v1"s and have thought him  to be nothing more than average and i think the stats so far back that up.

We got him mainly to be an inside player and atm we are not getting anything much from him in the things you want from a contested inside mid.We are also not getting that much from him when it comes to scoreboard impact.

Its early days but if his career is a guide then i reitierate what we are currently getting is likely to be what we continue to get.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2017, 06:23:57 PM »
Claw, is Miles a better option IYNSHO?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2017, 12:57:25 PM »
Miles imnsho is an infinetly better inside player. Imo his inside work stacks up with Prestia.

Everyone carried on about how Cotchin needed a big presence about the place to protect him fmd no one mentioned how much Miles was copping it at the coal face. With someone like Nankervis throwing his weight around Miles could only get better imo. If anyone was getting beat up by the lack of big mids it was Miles yet he still won his fair share.
What i dont get is why we cannot play both Caddy and Miles.

People say he is slow go look at all of the other inside mids at other teams most of them are not endowed with super pace  their value to their teams is their inside work.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2017, 09:14:59 AM »
I think he needs a big game. Time for him to extract the digit.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2017, 10:15:59 AM »
I think he needs a big game. Time for him to extract the digit.

The problem is he is the midfielders version of a big dumb fast bowler.

Not agile
Clumsy tackler
Not a sharp thinker close in.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2017, 11:46:04 AM »
Tipping he might kick 4 tonight

Ruanaidh

« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2017, 12:38:57 PM »
There are several players knocking down the door so Caddy needs to up his game.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2017, 03:31:39 PM »
Miles imnsho is an infinetly better inside player. Imo his inside work stacks up with Prestia.

Everyone carried on about how Cotchin needed a big presence about the place to protect him fmd no one mentioned how much Miles was copping it at the coal face. With someone like Nankervis throwing his weight around Miles could only get better imo. If anyone was getting beat up by the lack of big mids it was Miles yet he still won his fair share.
What i dont get is why we cannot play both Caddy and Miles.

People say he is slow go look at all of the other inside mids at other teams most of them are not endowed with super pace  their value to their teams is their inside work.
Claw, exactly my thinking, on top of that Miles and Pestia provide a chop out for each other thus extending their TOG and assisting in minimising injuries, plus if you can't win the tap, rove to the tap.
Miles +Prestia+ Caddy = win win win

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2017, 10:48:46 PM »
No doubt his goal at the end will keep him in the side for another 6 weeks ::)
This guy is losing me very quickly......

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2017, 08:40:36 AM »
No doubt his goal at the end will keep him in the side for another 6 weeks ::)
This guy is losing me very quickly......

Yeh 100% agree, slow and takes the wrong option consistently

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2017, 10:06:57 AM »
Came into it in the last quarter and threw his body around. Far from our worst last night, cough *Menadue* cough. Would like to see more from him, but I think we're judging him by his reputation (a big fish that is underachieving) rather than his actual ability/value (B grader at best).

tony_montana

« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2017, 10:52:58 AM »
I thought he was very good, confirmed when I watched the replay. Not sure why there's so much hate for this bloke

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2017, 11:09:24 AM »
I think he's only gonna get better and better for us. He's so important because he can play solid mid and be an absolute threat up forward. So important for the structure I reckon. He's a poor mans dusty which pretty much any team would take I would think. Who else do we have who can play mid, win the ball and go forward and be a threat ? Dusty and cotch.