Author Topic: Josh Caddy has retired [merged]  (Read 133264 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Josh Caddy [merged]
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2017, 12:41:57 PM »
Jane Caddy been mostly ordinary.Fair dinkum i can not believe he is getting a game in front of Miles.
He is not a fwd he is an inside mid and we are getting stuff all out of him in this role.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond's plan to ignite Josh Caddy's season (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2017, 05:22:17 PM »
Richmond’s plan to ignite Josh Caddy’s season

GILBERT GARDINER,
Herald Sun
May 4, 2017

RICHMOND could thrust Josh Caddy into the midfield on Saturday night to muscle up around the stoppages against a ferocious Western Bulldogs.

Caddy has been unable to replicate an impressive pre-season when it matters, but Tigers coach Damien Hardwick admitted to playing the midfield bull out of position.

The rugged 24-year-old was lured to Punt Rd from Geelong on a promise of more midfield minutes, but the need for contests up forward forced the change of heart.

“He’s be OK. He could play better, there is no doubt about that,” Hardwick said.

“We probably haven’t settled him in a position — and we probably ask him to play a role that is a little bit outside the scope that we got him here for.

“He hasn’t played as much centre bounce as probably he or I would like (and) that’s because we’ve needed him in other positions.

“Once we settle him down ... I think he will be a lot more influential in and around the contest.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-to-throw-josh-caddy-into-the-midfield-to-ignite-his-season/news-story/9fa4f6b02d4a3a3441d2b4f1b0033ac2

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2017, 05:47:08 PM »
There's a reason he's not in the midfield.  Slow and can't get the ball.  Miles would burn him in a race. 
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

tony_montana

« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2017, 06:45:29 PM »
Nah he's a fair bit quicker than Miles

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2017, 06:49:03 PM »
There's no way he's quicker than Miles. I'd be confident Nankervis is faster than Caddy too.
The club that keeps giving.

tony_montana

« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2017, 06:51:33 PM »
There's no way he's quicker than Miles. I'd be confident Nankervis is faster than Caddy too.

2.95 sec for 20 metres, he's a lot quicker than Miles. I'm not here to bag Miles I love the bloke and am dirty he hasn't been playing - but facts are facts

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2017, 06:58:07 PM »
^^ Love it when someone uses facts to support their argument. It makes football conversations so much easier.  :thumbsup

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2017, 07:18:59 PM »

2.95 sec for 20 metres, he's a lot quicker than Miles. I'm not here to bag Miles I love the bloke and am dirty he hasn't been playing - but facts are facts
When was that stat? Draft camp when he was 17?
 Fair enough if true but I'd like to see it in a game situation when his legs are heavy I'd have my money on Miles.
From what I've seen on game day Caddy is surprisingly slow and much slower than many opponents he's competed against this season.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: May 05, 2017, 12:09:55 AM »

2.95 sec for 20 metres, he's a lot quicker than Miles.

Source?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond's plan to ignite Josh Caddy's season (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #189 on: May 05, 2017, 09:47:24 AM »
Richmond’s plan to ignite Josh Caddy’s season

GILBERT GARDINER,
Herald Sun
May 4, 2017

RICHMOND could thrust Josh Caddy into the midfield on Saturday night to muscle up around the stoppages against a ferocious Western Bulldogs.

Caddy has been unable to replicate an impressive pre-season when it matters, but Tigers coach Damien Hardwick admitted to playing the midfield bull out of position.

The rugged 24-year-old was lured to Punt Rd from Geelong on a promise of more midfield minutes, but the need for contests up forward forced the change of heart.

“He’s be OK. He could play better, there is no doubt about that,” Hardwick said.

“We probably haven’t settled him in a position — and we probably ask him to play a role that is a little bit outside the scope that we got him here for.

“He hasn’t played as much centre bounce as probably he or I would like (and) that’s because we’ve needed him in other positions.

“Once we settle him down ... I think he will be a lot more influential in and around the contest.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-to-throw-josh-caddy-into-the-midfield-to-ignite-his-season/news-story/9fa4f6b02d4a3a3441d2b4f1b0033ac2
So how stupid is dimwit.

He plays him out of position for little return just 4 goals and a pile of inconsistent games because we lack tall fwds. Well we will continue to lack tall fwds and blokes like Caddy will struggle in roles that are not there best if we continue to fail to at least try some of the talls we have  up fwd. We do have some options they may not end up being great but we should be at least trying those options. i still believe even with riewoldt and say Griffiths we play one tall fwd short especially when Griffiths goes into the ruck we become the land of the midgets it aint ever going to stand up under intense finals like pressure.
We picked Elton this week we need some height but why not one of Chol or Moore or even Garthwaite as well.

#### - Elton - Moore/chol
#### - Riewoldt  - ####
We can still play Rioli Butler Lloyd or Castagna around them we can rotate martin or Caddy thru there but we maintain good height and structure at all times even when Elton or chol goes into the ruck
Moore in particular is very quick and if given the right role should be able to apply plenty of pressure and be an aerial and leading at the ball threat Chol is also quick with a great leap and very agile lets get games into these kids without too many expectations lets look at it as more playing them for the experience and finding out if they should be kept or not.

Yep we have options but we just are not prepared to do some hard yards with these options.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: May 05, 2017, 11:17:43 AM »
I think Lennon fits the 3rd tall perfectly. Good lead up, good kick, good hands.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #191 on: May 05, 2017, 11:41:13 AM »
I think Lennon fits the 3rd tall perfectly. Good lead up, good kick, good hands.
When did this happen?
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2017, 11:42:19 AM »
 :lol

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #193 on: May 05, 2017, 04:32:07 PM »
He is a slow medium sized player just like Caddy is. fmd both Chol and Moore cover the ground better  are quicker than him and actually give you a GENUINE THIRD TALL OPTION.
Apart from one game i have not seen a thing to suggest Lennon is a good aerialist and if hes up against genuine quick tall defenders he will struggle.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #194 on: May 09, 2017, 01:31:18 AM »
Caddy a valuable contributor

richmondfc.com.au
8 May 2017

Richmond mature-age recruit Josh Caddy has quickly earned the respect of his new teammates at Tigerland through his exemplary work ethic, both on and off the field.

Caddy, who transferred from Geelong to Richmond during last year’s trade period, was one of the Tigers’ best in Saturday night’s five-point loss to reigning premier Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium.

He finished with 20 disposals, five marks, seven intercepts, three clearances, four tackles, 20 pressure acts, plus a goal, and again utilised his strong build to the team’s advantage.

Post-match, Caddy’s overall impact at Richmond was acknowledged by teammate Kane Lambert.

“Josh is an elite athlete and very professional,” Lambert told ‘ABC Grandstand AFL’.

“Off-field, the boys have jumped on board with the way he prepares himself.

“Just having an extra big body with a bit of class inside has been fantastic for our group.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-05-08/caddy-a-valuable-contributor