Author Topic: Shai Bolton [merged]  (Read 215991 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shai Bolton [merged]
« Reply #1275 on: August 23, 2024, 09:40:26 PM »
I agree with Bolton comments Crawski. I’d add the impact on membership with young kids who love him.
However, there’s a bigger prize which I am hoping will come with the draft picks. Remember we got him as a free agency compensation for Tyrone Vickery. We have an opportunity to find a replacement for him or Jack or Cotch or even Dusty with the trade picks in the draft
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1276 on: August 25, 2024, 04:01:31 PM »
Shai Bolton has become the first small forward to win Richmond’s leading goalkicker award since Tiger ‘Immortal’ Kevin Bartlett in 1983.

Bolton also became just the fourth player to win the Tigers’ goalkicking award in the past three decades apart from star key forwards Matthew Richardson, Jack Riewoldt and Tom Lynch.

Nick Daffy won it in 1995 with 45 goals, Matthew Rogers in 2000 with 37 and Mitch Morton in 2009 with 41.

RFC Leading Goalkicker 2024

Bolton  34
Mansell 21
Baker   14
Lefau    14 .... (from 10 games)

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1638796/boltons-historic-goalkicking-win

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1277 on: August 25, 2024, 04:04:55 PM »
Lmao...34 enough to win it in a canter.... :facepalm
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1278 on: August 25, 2024, 09:22:48 PM »
I know most are on the boltons overrated train now, but rekn dockers are top4 with him in their side. If you want him, pay up  :rollin

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1279 on: August 27, 2024, 02:19:51 PM »
His premiership medals have been found by VicPol :clapping
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1280 on: August 27, 2024, 02:30:39 PM »
His premiership medals have been found by VicPol :clapping

That's great news
Go Tigers!

Offline Wazza

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1281 on: August 27, 2024, 05:20:48 PM »
Cal twomey on X also saying tigers aware of Bolton is keen to get to Freo. I know we all know it, but I haven't seen any confirmed articles yet...unless I have missed something??!!

Callum Twomey
@CalTwomey
·
Follow
Daniel Rioli has reaffirmed his desire to seek a trade to Gold Coast. He wants to play for the Suns next year and has made that request official in his exit meeting today. Tigers also aware Shai Bolton is keen to get to Freo for family reasons if a trade can be sorted. @AFLcomau
2:44 PM · Aug 27, 2024

Offline OneEyedRichmond

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #1282 on: August 27, 2024, 08:03:09 PM »
Cal twomey on X also saying tigers aware of Bolton is keen to get to Freo. I know we all know it, but I haven't seen any confirmed articles yet...unless I have missed something??!!

Callum Twomey
@CalTwomey
·
Follow
Daniel Rioli has reaffirmed his desire to seek a trade to Gold Coast. He wants to play for the Suns next year and has made that request official in his exit meeting today. Tigers also aware Shai Bolton is keen to get to Freo for family reasons if a trade can be sorted. @AFLcomau
His exit meeting is tomorrow

Offline Wazza

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1283 on: August 27, 2024, 09:30:19 PM »

Callum Twomey
@CalTwomey
·
Follow
His exit meeting is tomorrow

Typical reporters  :banghead

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1284 on: August 27, 2024, 09:47:48 PM »
Take a look at the small forwards in the comp.

Stengle 42 permanent forward
T Green 41 mid/fwd.
C Cameron 37 permanent fwd
Pickett 36 Permanent fwd
Higgins 36 permanent fwd
D Moore 35 mid/fwd
Bolton 34 Mid fwd.

He is up there. As  a mid  you can argue he should at the very least be in contention for the  A/A mid forward role.
When you consider the year we have had and the amount of inside fifties going in to the fwd half then you can see for yourselves just how high up the pecking order he is for the role.

For a small fwd given the year 34 goals is a very good return when you look at just how many the permanent small forwards got.. He would have won the goal kicking with that tally last year.