Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 164910 times)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #600 on: June 20, 2022, 05:39:40 PM »
In 2020, Jack was clocked: Jack Graham, 34.2 km/h v Adelaide, round 18. Faster than:
Oleg Markov, 33.9 km/h v Essendon, round 13
Noah Balta, 33.9 km/h v Geelong, round 17
Marlion Pickett, 33.4 km/h v Geelong, round 17

Not bad for a snail... :lol

Absolutely irrelevant stat and not what Claw is referring to.
I find it hard enough to agree with Claw, without having to try and explain for him. But here goes.

I like to use a greyhound race as an example. The first 1 second is so crucial. The fastest dog is quite often not the dog that wins, because of this first couple of metres.

Machine, if you think Jack Graham is quick at the contest, then you have no idea. He is SLOW the first few metres. Just because he has high top end speed, it doesn't help him at clearances, which is what Claw is referring to.

I truly don't see how this is hard to understand. He's a locomotive that takes time to build up to high end speed.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #601 on: June 20, 2022, 05:50:34 PM »
In 2020, Jack was clocked: Jack Graham, 34.2 km/h v Adelaide, round 18. Faster than:

I find it hard enough to agree with Claw, without having to try and explain for him. But here goes.

I like to use a greyhound race as an example. The first 1 second is so crucial. The fastest dog is quite often not the dog that wins, because of this first couple of metres.

Machine, if you think Jack Graham is quick at the contest, then you have no idea. He is SLOW the first few metres. Just because he has high top end speed, it doesn't help him at clearances, which is what Claw is referring to.

I truly don't see how this is hard to understand. He's a locomotive that takes time to build up to high end speed.

Then we agree to disagree and, yes, i have an idea :wallywink

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #602 on: June 20, 2022, 07:27:23 PM »
Clearly you don’t have an idea  :wallywink :wallywink

It isn’t that hard to comprehend what’s being said .. but the logic is proving too much for you on this occasion

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #603 on: June 20, 2022, 08:18:55 PM »
Ok I’ll bite. Logic is Graham spends most of his time as a high HF with time as a mid. The reason why his tackle numbers are high is due to he plays as a defensive mid. That means defending first to allow other to play offensive. The other reason is due to his running ability. The only greyhound as you call it, in our team is Bolton. Are you saying all others are locomotives? Probably not, just Graham…..
And yes, the data is relevant as it’s been said many times he is slow. The data doesn’t lie on this occasion  :wallywink

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #604 on: June 20, 2022, 11:26:19 PM »
I think the issue is you are being too literal with the word “slow”. Most (maybe not all) are referring to purely his acceleration but you keep referring to his top speed. Both of which are important. I do agree with your point about him being a defensive mid. His stats will obviously reflect that but Claw won’t with his 20 disposal requirement for mids

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #605 on: July 03, 2022, 05:41:51 PM »
Hands down the worst game he’s ever played

Couldn’t buy a tackle and they were going through his fingers like money goes through my pockets.

Also he was consistently caught as well when normally he’s able to shake the tackle but nothing was working for him today.

Still one of my favourite players though.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #606 on: August 14, 2022, 04:17:47 PM »
Graham subbed off with a foot injury. How bad?

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #607 on: August 14, 2022, 04:53:11 PM »

Looked like an ankle based on where the ice was placed? If that’s a syndesmosis you’d think that’s season done.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #608 on: August 14, 2022, 07:13:09 PM »

Looked like an ankle based on where the ice was placed? If that’s a syndesmosis you’d think that’s season done.

Just watched dimmas presser where he did say it was a foot rather than ankle. Just sounds like it’s a niggle he’s been carrying rather than anything he did today. Might miss next week because it’s pretty much a dead rubber but would expect he’d be named for first week of finals.

Form wise think he’s been pretty down the last month (maybe due to the foot niggle) so the extra week will do him good.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #609 on: August 15, 2022, 08:48:41 PM »
I think the issue is you are being too literal with the word “slow”. Most (maybe not all) are referring to purely his acceleration but you keep referring to his top speed. Both of which are important. I do agree with your point about him being a defensive mid. His stats will obviously reflect that but Claw won’t with his 20 disposal requirement for mids

Fmd a defensive mid my arse.Sheesh the way its going every bloody mid we have will be described as defensive to justify players poor form.

Oh by the way lets be bloody honest just for once here, if Graham is not slow then there is not a slow player in the comp.

Fmd i could put up with his lack of pace if he actually won contested ball and a few more clearances per game but it rarely happens.

LOLOLOLOL IVE HEARD IT ALL DEFENSIVE MID USED AGAIN TO DEFEND A PLAYER WHO JUST DOESNT GET ENOUGH BALL WHERE WE NEED HIM TO GET IT.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #610 on: August 16, 2022, 10:33:57 PM »

Then we agree to disagree and, yes, i have an idea :wallywink
Na with all respect id say you have the blinkers on. Thats okay at some time or other we all have em on.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #611 on: August 16, 2022, 10:45:25 PM »
Let's be real he's an honest plodder.

Decent kick, lays a tackle etc. Will never accumulate a lot of ball. Slow off the mark.

If he ends up being similar to Dylan Shiels, not winning a lot of ball but doing enough to contribute, laying plenty of tackles, all with a smile on his dial then that's probably enough whilst we have legitimate stars beside him.

I can see Sonsie going past him next year.

I think his delivery to F50 is good.

One thing I always hate about him is he seems so slow running with the ball and I always hold my breath thinking he's going to get run down from behind.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #612 on: August 16, 2022, 11:29:43 PM »

Decent kick, lays a tackle etc. Will never accumulate a lot of ball. Slow off the mark.

If he ends up being similar to Dylan Shiels, not winning a lot of ball but doing enough to contribute, laying plenty of tackles, all with a smile on his dial then that's probably enough whilst we have legitimate stars beside him.

One thing I always hate about him is he seems so slow running with the ball and I always hold my breath thinking he's going to get run down from behind.

I think he’s better than a decent kick. I remember an interview Riewoldt did a couple seasons back and he said if he could pick one player to deliver the ball to him on a lead it would be graham. Also very reliable set shot kick.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #613 on: August 16, 2022, 11:44:47 PM »

I think he’s better than a decent kick. I remember an interview Riewoldt did a couple seasons back and he said if he could pick one player to deliver the ball to him on a lead it would be graham. Also very reliable set shot kick.

Yeah I guess that's what I mean when I say decent. Not our best but 4/5 stars haha

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #614 on: August 17, 2022, 01:09:47 AM »

Fmd a defensive mid my arse.Sheesh the way its going every bloody mid we have will be described as defensive to justify players poor form.

Yeah alright chief, lets all just pretend a player like Martin is just as defensive as someone as Graham.

I also never said he wasn’t slow, because I reckon he is. After that your post just read as Waa waa waa