Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 164856 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #675 on: September 26, 2022, 11:20:05 AM »
Absolutely tradeable. Struggling to be best 22 IMO although he did show good signs the past 18m and we're going to lose mids in Kane, Shedda, Cotch etc

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #676 on: September 26, 2022, 03:31:31 PM »
"If he can see four years of opportunities at another club, versus potentially being on the fringe at Richmond, then you've got to have a look at it."

- @JoshJenkins24 on Jack Graham potentially leaving the Tigers.

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1574183258647994368

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #677 on: September 26, 2022, 06:55:09 PM »
Josh Jenkins lol

Not interested in this mugs thoughts after Graham absolutely floored his team. Probably still has Camp nightmares of Jack Graham that is.
Go Tigers!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #678 on: September 26, 2022, 10:14:58 PM »
I know he's well liked but if he's convinced to move by either RFC or another club we will be fine and hopefully compensated accordingly.

I don't see a big role for him if we land Taranto, Hopper, Sonsie coming through. Need someone with a bit more zip.

Exactly. No need to get overly sentimental about this.

If he cant get a game next year because Hopper & TT come in (which is probable) then he might request a trade at the end of next year anyway.

Hmm this. No way he will get a game in front of those two especially if were looking at contested ball and clearances.

What we are likely to do is play him in a role that others have far better attributes to perform, make no mistake this is exactly what Hardwick has done with a lot of players and already has with Graham,why well the only plausible answers are  for no other reason than  he is well liked and is a premiership player.

Its a simple question what role do people want to see Graham playing in. For me its as an inside mid who gets first hands on the ball and gets it out to others. Trouble with that is he has not done a hell of a lot to date as an inside mid.

With Cotch and Dusty going around again with our best mid in Prestia, the X factor of Bolton sheesh i hate that saying X factor,With both Taranto and Hopper that has to be just about the best 6 mids going around. Throw in game time for Sonsie They have kept Ross as mids they would all be in front of Graham imo.

So as a slow player who should be playing inside and winning lots of contested ball there is not a spot so lets look on the out side.
He should not get a gig in front of Pickett McIntosh Ralphsmith who is tracking well and we have used good picks on two real good movers in Banks and Browne.

Personally if we can get a top 25 pick for him id be using it on an explosive big bodied say 187cm plus ball winner.If the pick fails so be it but its these types who can take games by the scruff of the neck ffs just look at Dusty his size and power make him impossible  to stop. Cripps is another a different beast but its there for all to see.You can reel em off but if you only take a small number of this type then most likely you could scratch around for a decade and not get a good un.

I think over the last 6 or so years we have targeted just two potential big inside players thru the ND. Ross has not been the answer and it seems RC-D has not been as well but keep digging keep going to the well sooner or later we will get a real good un.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #679 on: September 27, 2022, 09:05:31 AM »
I know he's well liked but if he's convinced to move by either RFC or another club we will be fine and hopefully compensated accordingly.

I don't see a big role for him if we land Taranto, Hopper, Sonsie coming through. Need someone with a bit more zip.

Exactly. No need to get overly sentimental about this.

If he cant get a game next year because Hopper & TT come in (which is probable) then he might request a trade at the end of next year anyway.

Hmm this. No way he will get a game in front of those two especially if were looking at contested ball and clearances.

What we are likely to do is play him in a role that others have far better attributes to perform, make no mistake this is exactly what Hardwick has done with a lot of players and already has with Graham,why well the only plausible answers are  for no other reason than  he is well liked and is a premiership player.

Its a simple question what role do people want to see Graham playing in. For me its as an inside mid who gets first hands on the ball and gets it out to others. Trouble with that is he has not done a hell of a lot to date as an inside mid.

With Cotch and Dusty going around again with our best mid in Prestia, the X factor of Bolton sheesh i hate that saying X factor,With both Taranto and Hopper that has to be just about the best 6 mids going around. Throw in game time for Sonsie They have kept Ross as mids they would all be in front of Graham imo.

So as a slow player who should be playing inside and winning lots of contested ball there is not a spot so lets look on the out side.
He should not get a gig in front of Pickett McIntosh Ralphsmith who is tracking well and we have used good picks on two real good movers in Banks and Browne.

Personally if we can get a top 25 pick for him id be using it on an explosive big bodied say 187cm plus ball winner.If the pick fails so be it but its these types who can take games by the scruff of the neck ffs just look at Dusty his size and power make him impossible  to stop. Cripps is another a different beast but its there for all to see.You can reel em off but if you only take a small number of this type then most likely you could scratch around for a decade and not get a good un.

I think over the last 6 or so years we have targeted just two potential big inside players thru the ND. Ross has not been the answer and it seems RC-D has not been as well but keep digging keep going to the well sooner or later we will get a real good un.

Agree with a lot of this
I’d definitely have him ahead of Ross however

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #680 on: September 27, 2022, 02:51:11 PM »
Port Adelaide's football manager Chris Davies says Graham is among the South Australian-born players of interest to his club.

"We have got interest in South Australian players who might be interested in coming home, definitely," Davies told Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio on Tuesday.

"Jack is obviously a good player. I am not sure where his situation is at with Richmond.

"But any player who ... is from South Australia and wants to come back, we have got to take an interest in them."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/852100/power-eye-flag-tiger-want-first-round-compo-for-amon

--------------------------------------

Jack Graham (Richmond)

Is the club [Port Adelaide] interested in the Richmond midfielder?

“We’ve got interest in South Australian players who might be interested in coming home, definitely,” he said.

“Jack is obviously a good player, I’m not sure where his situation is at with Richmond. Any player who is from South Australia who potentially wants to come back, we’ve got to take an interest in them.

“There’s too many players that leave South Australia to go back to their home states and for that matter for every club, teams who lose players because they want to go to different states.

“We need to make sure that we’ve got an interest in players who are wanting to come home at any point in time.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/26/port-adelaide-provides-the-latest-on-rioli-graham-pickett-georgiades-grundy/

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #682 on: September 28, 2022, 01:54:14 PM »
Looks gone

https://twitter.com/EmmaHendo9/status/1574951504058159105?t=8cZmhCGfhrNwEG4cFuMk6A&s=19

:huh3

Why? because he's gone home to spend some time with his family and got stopped at the airport for a comment?

Lot to play out here
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #683 on: September 28, 2022, 02:16:09 PM »
Looks gone

https://twitter.com/EmmaHendo9/status/1574951504058159105?t=8cZmhCGfhrNwEG4cFuMk6A&s=19

If we get overs at the trade table , FANTASTIC
If we get unders , then it’s stuffed

All comes down to value

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #684 on: September 28, 2022, 02:48:37 PM »
"It's my understanding they have a strong interest in Jack Graham now."

@RileyBev on @PAFC interest in Jack Graham.

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1574942717552971776

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #685 on: September 28, 2022, 02:52:53 PM »
Looks gone

:huh3

Why? because he's gone home to spend some time with his family and got stopped at the airport for a comment?

Lot to play out here
I wasn't aware Ken Hinkley was related to him.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #686 on: September 28, 2022, 03:08:07 PM »
Looks gone

All comes down to value

Jack is having a short stay back home before returning for a few player weddings.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #687 on: September 28, 2022, 03:15:50 PM »
Looks gone

All comes down to value

Jack is having a short stay back home before returning for a few player weddings.

Stick with exactly what I said

Why he’s there changes nothing for me

If he goes he goes , if he stays he stays

All comes down to getting adequate value

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #688 on: September 28, 2022, 03:17:56 PM »
After claiming he was only in town to see family & wouldn’t be touring any clubs, Jack Graham has just met with Ken Hinkley at Power HQ before leaving alongside Ryan Burton.
More on @9NewsAdel @FootyonNine

https://twitter.com/EmmaHendo9/status/1574980535650512896

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #689 on: September 28, 2022, 03:18:52 PM »
Looks gone

All comes down to value

Stick with exactly what I said

Why he’s there changes nothing for me

If he goes he goes , if he stays he stays

All comes down to getting adequate value

Toured PA today sadly. Personally, if he leaves it’s a blow to us. Much loved teammate.