Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 165011 times)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #840 on: October 15, 2022, 03:53:45 PM »
Solid b grader
Not best 22

But there is always injuries and he’s a fantastic next man up and sits in the 24-28 range of the list

Just my opinion

My goodness- finished 2nd in the B&F in 2021 and played this year with a toe issue which hampered his running ability. Best 22 player everyday of the week :shh

He most definitely isn’t best 22 “every day of the week” in my opinion .. so you can spare me the my goodness

Deadset , you are either Jack Graham or his best mate .. oh hang on you can’t be , I forgot the Adelaide trip you told us all about and was wrong about

Side note , last 6 “best 22” sides posted in that thread have the following -

Graham as emergency or out of side x 4
Graham on bench x 1
Graham on bench if extended to 5 x 1

So yeah , go somewhere else for a my goodness and apologise for my assessment of 24-28 on the list , which most clearly agree with

Damo just for you....my goodness!
aren't you the bloke that pulled out a speed gun and clocked Graham running at 37ks per hour to prove he's not slow

My goodness

Yes- I am the bloke who confirmed his top end speed is elite which is supported by data. Yep- that's me :thumbsup

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #841 on: October 15, 2022, 03:54:45 PM »
Solid b grader
Not best 22

But there is always injuries and he’s a fantastic next man up and sits in the 24-28 range of the list

Just my opinion

My goodness- finished 2nd in the B&F in 2021 and played this year with a toe issue which hampered his running ability. Best 22 player everyday of the week :shh

He most definitely isn’t best 22 “every day of the week” in my opinion .. so you can spare me the my goodness

Deadset , you are either Jack Graham or his best mate .. oh hang on you can’t be , I forgot the Adelaide trip you told us all about and was wrong about

Side note , last 6 “best 22” sides posted in that thread have the following -

Graham as emergency or out of side x 4
Graham on bench x 1
Graham on bench if extended to 5 x 1

So yeah , go somewhere else for a my goodness and apologise for my assessment of 24-28 on the list , which most clearly agree with

Damo just for you....my goodness!
aren't you the bloke that pulled out a speed gun and clocked Graham running at 37ks per hour to prove he's not slow

My goodness

:snidegrin :snidegrin :snidegrin

Yep
His acceleration and burst speed are slow as treacle
The guy is a gut runner with high speed when rolling

Something Machine could never get his head around

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #842 on: October 17, 2022, 12:27:13 PM »
I rate Graham and hope he can find his way back in the team. The comments of Graham is a b grader and hopper’s career is miles ahead is laughable.

Hopper could only dream of kicking 3 goals in a GF and being as influential as he was in 2017 and 2019 campaigns. I’ll keep coming back to this and won’t stop flogging it because it’s a show of character which you can’t put a price on. He played with one arm against Geelong and still was laying tackles and left nothing in the tank to get the team over the line. All gws boys can learn a thing from Graham in regards to being a team player.

Where I do agree is hopper is miles ahead is contested ball and actually getting his hands on the ball. But Graham has shown that when he does get his hands on it he is a good user as also a pretty decent kick at goal as well.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #843 on: October 17, 2022, 01:00:52 PM »
Wow
Didn’t realise being called a solid B grader was an insult

Seriously , you realise they aren’t all A graders don’t you ??

As for the Hopper v Graham comparisons .. there’s a reason the club went so hard after Hopper .. he’s a better player , end of story

And as for my opinion of Graham, I can’t see how me saying he falls in the 24-28 bracket is some massive insult on the guy , I rate him as a good tough honest footballer .. he was CLEARLY available during trade period , that can’t be denied … did we necessarily want to offload? I’m not saying that , but he was available .. clubs obviously didn’t come hard for him like they would have if he was better than a B grader

If Graham was an A grader then there would have been more interest

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #844 on: October 17, 2022, 01:13:42 PM »
Graham should have been traded.  He'll be worth stuff all next year after spending most of the year in the VFL.

St Kilda came for him at the end of the trade period and we didn't respond.   Bloody hopeless

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #845 on: October 17, 2022, 01:20:20 PM »
Oh my rant was directed at any particular post but more so my feelings on him as a clubman and that I’m quite enamoured by what he has done for the club.

Re: st kilda, I heard the story that it was Graham himself who declined to join that cultural sess pool.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #846 on: October 17, 2022, 01:36:18 PM »
Graham should have been traded.  He'll be worth stuff all next year after spending most of the year in the VFL.

St Kilda came for him at the end of the trade period and we didn't respond.   Bloody hopeless

What was the great offer you think we were getting for graham this year that is going to drop so much next season? By all accounts we were going to get a mid second rounder. That isn’t going to change significantly if he wants to leave again next season. Bobby hill went for a second rounder and he missed half the season.

Graham will play plenty next season. Even for those (me included) who don’t think he’s a walk up start in the 22/23, he’s pretty much the next in line if injuries/form force others out which will undoubtably occur.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #847 on: October 17, 2022, 01:38:48 PM »

What was the great offer you think we were getting for graham this year that is going to drop so much next season? By all accounts we were going to get a mid second rounder. That isn’t going to change significantly if he wants to leave again next season. Bobby hill went for a second rounder and he missed half the season.

Graham will play plenty next season. Even for those (me included) who don’t think he’s a walk up start in the 22/23, he’s pretty much the next in line if injuries/form force others out which will undoubtably occur.

Agree with this
He will get plenty of opportunities

There will obviously be injuries .. he provides great depth .. fantastic 24-28 bloke , in fact is one of the better depth players in the competition

We run VERY VERY deep next year .. good spot to be in

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #848 on: October 17, 2022, 03:12:16 PM »
It feels like I'm  in 2003 where you can't have a realistic view of a player because you're going to upset some coterie member that fawns over good blokes.

No one has insulted Jack Graham this entire time and almost everyone acknowledges he's a decent footballer.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #849 on: October 17, 2022, 11:46:58 PM »
It feels like I'm  in 2003 where you can't have a realistic view of a player because you're going to upset some coterie member that fawns over good blokes.

No one has insulted Jack Graham this entire time and almost everyone acknowledges he's a decent footballer.

Truth

Broadsword

« Reply #850 on: October 18, 2022, 12:59:58 AM »
All we had back then was the passion to fawn over the odd good player. Those were dark days. Ever so dark.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #851 on: October 18, 2022, 01:05:22 PM »
"I dont want to put too much pressure on the kid but i think Cleve Hughes could be the next Richo, or possibly better....  :shh !"

:lol

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #852 on: October 18, 2022, 10:48:05 PM »
Wow
Didn’t realise being called a solid B grader was an insult

Seriously , you realise they aren’t all A graders don’t you ??

As for the Hopper v Graham comparisons .. there’s a reason the club went so hard after Hopper .. he’s a better player , end of story

And as for my opinion of Graham, I can’t see how me saying he falls in the 24-28 bracket is some massive insult on the guy , I rate him as a good tough honest footballer .. he was CLEARLY available during trade period , that can’t be denied … did we necessarily want to offload? I’m not saying that , but he was available .. clubs obviously didn’t come hard for him like they would have if he was better than a B grader

If Graham was an A grader then there would have been more interest

I agree with this entire post with the exception of his rating as a 24-28 player. That kinda implies the starting 22 are all A graders which they are not.
I think he can play as role but the reality is that it will be as a back up mid who still has the potential to step up another level. If we chose the have a run with mid, he would be perfect.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #853 on: October 18, 2022, 11:16:34 PM »
If he is a 24 to 28 player then he will most likely play in the two's in an on ball role along side Soldo and Ross.
From there he will have to force a mid  out of the seniors by playing well. Just like the expectations on all the kids.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #854 on: November 17, 2022, 08:41:52 PM »