Author Topic: Trade targets 2017  (Read 192874 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Trade targets 2017
« Reply #1020 on: October 13, 2017, 05:41:25 AM »
Yeah, word is Castagna and Townsend are getting 500k each....

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1021 on: October 13, 2017, 08:38:19 AM »
pee off lloyd

TIGERS TO HELP DONS LAND STRINGER?

COULD Richmond be a surprise player in helping Essendon land Jake Stringer?

The Tigers are largely staying away from the AFL Trade Period this year but former Bombers champion Matthew Lloyd said they could be called upon by other clubs.

Essendon does not have a top-20 pick to trade the Western Bulldogs for Stringer, after giving away Pick 11 as part of the Devon Smith trade yesterday.

Richmond currently has Pick 15 - which it received from Geelong as part of the Brett Deledio trade last year - as well as Pick 17.

Lloyd said Pick 15 could be traded in return for Essendon’s two second-round picks – picks 24 and 29 – in a win-win for both clubs.

“It also helps Richmond with their positioning for points, getting (Patrick) Naish through the door,” Lloyd said on AFL Trade Radio.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1022 on: October 13, 2017, 08:58:52 AM »
pee off lloyd

TIGERS TO HELP DONS LAND STRINGER?

COULD Richmond be a surprise player in helping Essendon land Jake Stringer?

The Tigers are largely staying away from the AFL Trade Period this year but former Bombers champion Matthew Lloyd said they could be called upon by other clubs.

Essendon does not have a top-20 pick to trade the Western Bulldogs for Stringer, after giving away Pick 11 as part of the Devon Smith trade yesterday.

Richmond currently has Pick 15 - which it received from Geelong as part of the Brett Deledio trade last year - as well as Pick 17.

Lloyd said Pick 15 could be traded in return for Essendon’s two second-round picks – picks 24 and 29 – in a win-win for both clubs.

“It also helps Richmond with their positioning for points, getting (Patrick) Naish through the door,” Lloyd said on AFL Trade Radio.
Honestly, why would we help Essendon get Stringer? Especially when they have been described as very difficult to deal with in trade weeks gone past?

Anyway, should we wish to help them i would trade pick 17 this year for their future 1st round draft pick in a draft that many has said is much stronger.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:01:42 AM by Go Richo 12 »

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1023 on: October 13, 2017, 09:58:33 AM »
The club has a player eyed off for pick 15.

They are also waiting until the last moment when clubs get desperate to see if they can do something with 17. :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1024 on: October 13, 2017, 10:01:15 AM »
The club has a player eyed off for pick 15.

They are also waiting until the last moment when clubs get desperate to see if they can do something with 17. :shh

pm pleez :pray
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1025 on: October 13, 2017, 10:02:24 AM »
Me too please Doc.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1026 on: October 13, 2017, 10:13:47 AM »
No secrets boys as Balme told everyone at the club not to leak anything or there will be hell to pay!

All I know is that the club realises a few players always slide unexpectedly and there are a few that they will be happy to pounce on at 15 e.g.. Balta, Bonar, Hayes, Brander......

They have learn't from past history that a lot of deals happen at the eleventh hour, just like Caddy. They are happy to wait before they pull the trigger as some players value plummet as their club is desperate to move them on.

dwaino

« Reply #1027 on: October 13, 2017, 10:20:26 AM »
Jack is 30 at the end of next year and we’ve really got nobody coming through, surely we’d still entertain Schache late if his price fell?

I’m assuming too that we’re holding off re-signing some players to keep some cap space in the case we need to trade in.

Matthew Lloyd can get stuffed too. I wouldn’t even pee on Essendon if they were burning.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1028 on: October 13, 2017, 10:26:08 AM »
Jack is 30 at the end of next year and we’ve really got nobody coming through, surely we’d still entertain Schache late if his price fell?

I’m assuming too that we’re holding off re-signing some players to keep some cap space in the case we need to trade in.

Matthew Lloyd can get stuffed too. I wouldn’t even pee on Essendon if they were burning.
Read my post above... :shh

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1029 on: October 13, 2017, 10:32:48 AM »
Time to start a ‘Welcome to Tigerland, Josh Schache’ thread.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1030 on: October 13, 2017, 10:36:38 AM »
Time to start a ‘Welcome to Tigerland, Josh Schache’ thread.
:lol

Not quite!

Seriously, they are on a fishing expedition. If they can land a decent sized fish by using cheap bait and tackle, they'll take it. If not, they'll go to the draft.

dwaino

« Reply #1031 on: October 13, 2017, 11:00:03 AM »

Read my post above... :shh

I was replying to you  >:(

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1032 on: October 13, 2017, 11:01:04 AM »
I keep hearing more and more that Schache is still very much in play. Honestly, if we could get him for pick 17, Id just about pull the trigger.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1033 on: October 13, 2017, 11:02:52 AM »
I keep hearing more and more that Schache is still very much in play. Honestly, if we could get him for pick 17, Id just about pull the trigger.
The club may feel the same way but Brisbane are probably wanting more at this stage. That may be a reason the club is playing a waiting game.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1034 on: October 13, 2017, 11:08:08 AM »

As I've mentioned before, I haven't followed this draft however usually I think I'd take that deal considering we also have another early pick (although I'd demand to use 17 because stuff Essendon). But then all the evaluations on this draft are that it is very weak and doesn't bat very deep.