Author Topic: Trade targets 2017  (Read 192537 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Trade targets 2017
« Reply #1035 on: October 13, 2017, 11:08:19 AM »
I keep hearing more and more that Schache is still very much in play. Honestly, if we could get him for pick 17, Id just about pull the trigger.
The club may feel the same way but Brisbane are probably wanting more at this stage. That may be a reason the club is playing a waiting game.
Touche.

I keep hearing 2nd rounder touted as his current value is all.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1036 on: October 13, 2017, 11:12:26 AM »
Time to start a ‘Welcome to Tigerland, Josh Schache’ thread.
:lol

Not quite!

Seriously, they are on a fishing expedition. If they can land a decent sized fish by using cheap bait and tackle, they'll take it. If not, they'll go to the draft.

So you're saying shache needs to tackle better ?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1037 on: October 13, 2017, 11:18:06 AM »
Time to start a ‘Welcome to Tigerland, Josh Schache’ thread.
:lol

Not quite!

Seriously, they are on a fishing expedition. If they can land a decent sized fish by using cheap bait and tackle, they'll take it. If not, they'll go to the draft.

So you're saying shache needs to tackle better ?
Would have helped enhance his value! That is for sure!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1038 on: October 13, 2017, 11:21:03 AM »

Lloyd said Pick 15 could be traded in return for Essendon’s two second-round picks – picks 24 and 29 – in a win-win for both clubs.

“It also helps Richmond with their positioning for points, getting (Patrick) Naish through the door,” Lloyd said on AFL Trade Radio.

As I've mentioned before, I haven't followed this draft however usually I think I'd take that deal considering we also have another early pick (although I'd demand to use 17 because stuff Essendon). But then all the evaluations on this draft are that it is very weak and doesn't bat very deep.

On the HUN website

Tigers wont be helping the bumbling bombers  :rollin

No deal Matty  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1039 on: October 13, 2017, 11:59:48 AM »
I keep hearing more and more that Schache is still very much in play. Honestly, if we could get him for pick 17, Id just about pull the trigger.
Would take him but not for a 1st rounder.   3rd rounder and a player like Miles or LLoyd

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1040 on: October 13, 2017, 12:28:55 PM »
No secrets boys as Balme told everyone at the club not to leak anything or there will be hell to pay!

All I know is that the club realises a few players always slide unexpectedly and there are a few that they will be happy to pounce on at 15 e.g.. Balta, Bonar, Hayes, Brander......

They have learn't from past history that a lot of deals happen at the eleventh hour, just like Caddy. They are happy to wait before they pull the trigger as some players value plummet as their club is desperate to move them on.

>:(

I don't like it......but I will have to respect it
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1041 on: October 13, 2017, 12:30:03 PM »

Lloyd said Pick 15 could be traded in return for Essendon’s two second-round picks – picks 24 and 29 – in a win-win for both clubs.

“It also helps Richmond with their positioning for points, getting (Patrick) Naish through the door,” Lloyd said on AFL Trade Radio.

As I've mentioned before, I haven't followed this draft however usually I think I'd take that deal considering we also have another early pick (although I'd demand to use 17 because stuff Essendon). But then all the evaluations on this draft are that it is very weak and doesn't bat very deep.

On the HUN website

Tigers wont be helping the bumbling bombers  :rollin

No deal Matty  :thumbsup
Essendon - once a deluded football club, always a deluded football club  :lol.

Geelong have also considered something similar apparently.

Richmond:  pick 15 + Lloyd or late pick --->  picks 19 (Motlop compo), 21
Geelong:    picks 19, 21 ------>  pick 15 + Lloyd or late pick -----> ontrade pick 15 for Stringer.

Richmond rebuffs Essendon on three-way deal involving Bulldog Jake Stringer, draft pick

Jay Clark,
Herald Sun
13 October 2017

RICHMOND is sitting out of a three-way deal which could help solve the impasse for exiled Western Bulldog Jake Stringer.

The Tigers have picks 15 and 17 in this year’s draft which they are holding, in part, to claim father-son midfielder Patrick Naish.

Essendon asked whether the Tigers would trade pick 15 (worth 1112 draft value index points) for the Bombers’ picks 24 and 29 (total 1438).

Richmond won’t help Essendon secure Jake Stringer from the Western Bulldogs. Picture: Michael Klein

The draft value index points could be evened out even more by adding Richmond’s pick 51 (worth 249 points) to the deal, if necessary.

The deal could be a massive help for Essendon because they could offer pick No.15 on to the Bulldogs in return for Stringer.

Recently, respected manager Scott Lucas said he thought pick No.15 would be a fair trade for Stringer.

But the Tigers have indicated they aren’t interested in that deal and want to keep their two top-20 picks for Naish and another highly-rated player.

It leaves the Bombers and Bulldogs looking for another way to secure the Stringer deal before Thursday’s trade deadline.

The Bulldogs wanted pick No.11 for Stringer but Essendon has already swapped it to Greater Western Sydney for Devon Smith.

Geelong could send a similar request to Punt Rd to advance the Cats’ position for Stringer as part of an even sweeter points boost for the Tigers.

The Cats already have pick No.21 and could secure pick No.19 as first-round free agency compensation for Steve Motlop if he moves to Adelaide or Port Adelaide.

Geelong could bundle those two selections together (worth 1793 points) in exchange for Richmond’s pick No.15 and a later pick, or midfield-forward Sam Lloyd.

The Cats have been identified as a potential new home for Lloyd if the Cats lose Motlop and fellow goal kicker Daniel Menzel.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/richmond-rebuffs-essendon-on-threeway-deal-involving-bulldog-jake-stringer-draft-pick/news-story/29de2091f516c5be55c58473e23697f5

dwaino

« Reply #1042 on: October 13, 2017, 12:37:31 PM »
The club may feel the same way but Brisbane are probably wanting more at this stage. That may be a reason the club is playing a waiting game.

I don’t think any club will trump that offer. Sounds like he’s ours if we want him and that will probably be the price.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1043 on: October 13, 2017, 01:19:24 PM »

I don’t think any club will trump that offer. Sounds like he’s ours if we want him and that will probably be the price.

I'd sit it out then, or engineer a deal involving a player rather than an early pick. There really doesn't seem to be much interest for Schache.

Maybe get a third party involved like Geelong, who apparently are interested in Lloyd.

Lloyd to the Cats
Cats send a pick (No.21) the Lions
Tigers get Schache.

I realise that might look a little unbalanced, so there might be other picks involved. Or maybe they get Gold Coast in somehow as part of the Ablett deal.

Just trying to present the bones of a possible deal.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1044 on: October 13, 2017, 05:51:32 PM »
Confirmed: Hayden Crozier is a Bulldog. Dockers get pick 40 & 82 in exchange for Crozier & future 4th round pick.

https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-13/dogs-nab-talented-dockers-utility-hayden-crozier

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Port Adelaide wins commitment from Steve Motlop despite bigger offer from Adelaide. Motlop signs 4 year deal with Port Adelaide pending Geelong matching (which they won’t). Looks like being pick 35 compo pick for Motlop for the Cats.

Brisbane has offered the Crows pick 19 for Adelaide's Charlie Cameron.

Giant Nathan Wilson expected to become a Docker.

GWS tough nut Matthew Kennedy has nominated Carlton as his club of choice but Callum Twomey said on NAB AFL Trade Radio it is being delayed because the Blues want to give up No.39, whereas the Giants want something closer to No.20. Carlton don't have a second-round selection after trading it last year as part of the deal that saw Zach Tuohy land at Geelong.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/trade/trade-talk

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1045 on: October 13, 2017, 06:34:50 PM »
The blues not budging from pick 39. Kid went pick 13.

Sos the new Essendon. Hope he blunders this trade and Kennedy is a key cog in a gws flag.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1046 on: October 13, 2017, 10:46:57 PM »
Tigers hold their ground with prime draft pick pair

Richmond will keep an open mind on involving its two first-round picks – No.15 and No.17 – in pick swaps but says taking them into next month's NAB AFL Draft is the most likely scenario.

After an active 2016 Trade Period that netted eventual premiership players Dion Prestia, Josh Caddy and Toby Nankervis, the Tigers have been quiet since trading opened on Monday.

Clubs – including Essendon – have made inquiries about snaring one of Richmond's first-round selections for two later picks, but list manager Dan Richardson said they were yet to be tempted.

"We're comfortable with that position, but you should never have a closed mind to anything in footy," Richardson told AFL.com.au. 

"We'll have an open mind if clubs are keen to talk to us about those picks.

"But that said, we're comfortable if we end up retaining them, which is the more likely scenario."

Why do clubs think Richmond's picks are gettable?

Father-son prospect Patrick Naish is the reason clubs are approaching the Tigers.

Essendon's offer of picks No.24 and No.29 in exchange for Richmond's No.15 would have left the Tigers with more points to pay for Naish and given the Bombers a suitable pick to land Jake Stringer.

But knowing when a rival bid will come for the father-son prospect is the critical element. 

By rejecting Essendon's offer, it can be assumed Richmond is not certain a bid will come for Naish before its two picks and it will be able to pay for him with later selections. 

Richardson kept his cards close to his chest on Naish, the son of Chris Naish, who played 143 games for Richmond between 1990-97 before adding 18 games for Port Adelaide. 

"We'll have out own rating of the draft and the draft order. Where we think Patrick sits, we won't disclose where that is."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-13/trade-wrap-port-roll-the-dice-on-motlop

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1047 on: October 14, 2017, 12:30:27 AM »

Geelong have also considered something similar apparently.

Richmond:  pick 15 + Lloyd or late pick --->  picks 19 (Motlop compo), 21

Now that I would consider but would need "late pick" defined...

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1048 on: October 14, 2017, 12:33:10 AM »
Port Adelaide wins commitment from Steve Motlop despite bigger offer from Adelaide.

I await Tex's response :lol :lol

dwaino

« Reply #1049 on: October 14, 2017, 02:14:01 AM »
Port Adelaide wins commitment from Steve Motlop despite bigger offer from Adelaide.

I await Tex's response :lol :lol

He’s still in the middle of the MCG doing his power ranger stance.