Author Topic: Trade targets 2017  (Read 208130 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade targets 2017
« Reply #1095 on: October 17, 2017, 04:29:45 PM »
i must have missed the memo when motlop and watts suddenly become superstars.

not superstars but they will add hardness around the contest

im not exactly sure if you're taking the pee. Cant be sure these days.

Please confirm

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

dwaino

« Reply #1096 on: October 17, 2017, 05:17:36 PM »
Only Port and Essendon have really gone for any players and they are players to strengthen weak spots on their lists and that's why they didn't have to fight anyone for them and why they have gone cheap.

This is a lame trade period. Looks like most teams are backing their own lists in and will hit the draft for next season.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1097 on: October 17, 2017, 05:27:24 PM »
Port's Brendon Ah Chee off to West Coast. Eagles give 2018 3rd round pick and receive one of Port's 2018 4th round picks.

https://twitter.com/Lee_Gaskin1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

St Kilda considering trading pick 8 for multiple picks. With Us?

Bains: We've had discussions about turning pick 8 into multiple picks further back the draft. But they haven't developed too far

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/920039889076232193

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1098 on: October 17, 2017, 05:49:06 PM »
what would people think about cutting Essendons lunch and throwing pick 15 at Stringer?

I'd do that.

And I'd sent pick 17 to Brisbane for Schache.

Trade Miles + Lloyd for hopefully mid-late 2nd round picks and use the points to grab Naish.

See if we can draft a young ruckman wit a late one.

Pick up talls like Collins (develop KPD), Freeman (develop KPF) and Hansen (KPD - DEPTH ONLY NOOBS)

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1099 on: October 17, 2017, 06:16:28 PM »
Why would the Premiers pick up other clubs discard, can't get a game with their current club

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1100 on: October 17, 2017, 06:45:00 PM »
The Lions are less confident about Schache securing a fresh start, with minimal interest from rival clubs.

"There's a couple that are probably still putting their toe in the water," Noble said.

"We haven't had anyone that has legitimately come to us in the last 24 hours and said, 'Can we do a deal for Josh?'

"Something may happen today, but we're not too sure where that's going to sit.

"Clubs need to get organised, they need to do medicals, they need to do interviews with players, so the timeframe is starting to shorten.

"If he stays, he stays."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-17/time-running-out-for-schache-as-cameron-stalemate-continues

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1101 on: October 17, 2017, 07:29:03 PM »
BRISBANE forward Josh Schache has reassured the Lions he will return to play for them next season if a trade to a Melbourne-based team can’t be struck.

Schache’s hopes of moving home to Victoria hinge on Richmond reviving the long-held interest in him or 11th-hour bids from Carlton, Hawthorn or Western Bulldogs.

The Lions remain hopeful a deal will still be completed, but they may have to accept a late first-round or second-round pick in return for the second-year goalkicker.

Schache’s manager, David Trotter, said there was no ill-feeling towards Brisbane and that his client would certainly honour his contract.

“All parties are working hard on getting a deal done and certainly Josh is very hopeful of playing in Melbourne next year,” Trotter said.

“If that doesn’t happen he will be happy to see out his contract in Brisbane next year.”

The Tigers were the most keen on Schache throughout the season but their interest cooled significantly, in-line with Schache’s form, in the second half of the year.

Richmond is now adamant it will take its two first-round picks to the national draft, in part, to claim father-son midfielder Patrick Naish.

Collingwood, Essendon, St Kilda and North Melbourne have all ruled themselves out of the race for the Seymour product.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/brisbane/josh-schache-will-play-for-brisbane-if-trade-to-melbournebased-team-cant-be-struck/news-story/9d89b6bc3c026cab376abdda885733ae

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1102 on: October 17, 2017, 07:44:17 PM »
The chances of homesick Brisbane Lions spearhead Josh Schache being traded home to Victoria now seem slim, with the Western Bulldogs unlikely to pursue their interest in 2015's No.2 draft pick.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-17/trade-wrap-gibbs-the-key-to-cameron-deal

Ricky Nixon tonight saying a first round pick for Schache is still required to get a deal done.

https://www.facebook.com/SportingNewsAU/videos/1668907666476811/

dwaino

« Reply #1103 on: October 17, 2017, 08:00:25 PM »
What a top bloke, if no one else wants him he will stay.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1104 on: October 17, 2017, 08:38:13 PM »
What a top bloke, if no one else wants him he will stay.

:lol
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1105 on: October 17, 2017, 10:05:23 PM »
Why would the Premiers pick up other clubs discard, can't get a game with their current club

Have been confusing Sam Collins with Kieran Collins, the latter is the one I wanted to draft lol

My bad

As for the rest of your question, Freeman I thought showed plenty of promise previously and has continued to kick goals in the NEAFL - about 40 this year. I think he has more upside than the likes of Griffiths. I attribute his lack of games and development to Brisbane's apparent poor culture and record with draftees. I wonder if he'd do better at Richmond.

As for Hansen, I am concerned still about our KPP depth. Hansen as played back and forward, and been probably better than Astbury as a defender (bar 2017) and as good or better than any other key forward we've had (bar Jack) in more or less the same time frame - which isn't saying a lot since the next best thing was Vickery. He had a mature body, 150+ games of AFL experience, is free to recruit, cheap to keep on our list, and has another 1-3 years in him. So I see him as serviceable depth in case Jack, Rance or Astbury go down.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1106 on: October 17, 2017, 10:13:03 PM »
Port's Brendon Ah Chee off to West Coast. Eagles give 2018 3rd round pick and receive one of Port's 2018 4th round picks.

https://twitter.com/Lee_Gaskin1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

St Kilda considering trading pick 8 for multiple picks. With Us?

Bains: We've had discussions about turning pick 8 into multiple picks further back the draft. But they haven't developed too far

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/920039889076232193

Brendan's wife's surname is Bunker. He should hyphenate it
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1107 on: October 17, 2017, 10:16:15 PM »
Any interest in Jono O'Rourke?

Very injury prone, but highly rated as a junior.

Can't say I have seen very much of him.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1108 on: October 17, 2017, 10:17:08 PM »
Any interest in Jono O'Rourke?

Very injury prone, but highly rated as a junior.

Can't say I have seen very much of him.

Dud. Tambo Jnr
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1109 on: October 17, 2017, 10:21:19 PM »
the club must have a tall in mind. Perhaps another nankervis type

They could but I doubt they would go into 2018 with Griffiths as a back up forward again.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.