Author Topic: Trade targets 2017  (Read 195919 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade targets 2017
« Reply #450 on: August 09, 2017, 12:45:08 PM »
We may as well have kept Vickery if we get Casboult.....
Can't see much difference between them other than Casboult is a better contested mark
He is very slow.
I would much rather just go to the draft this year. 

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #451 on: August 09, 2017, 12:51:17 PM »
Can't see much difference between them other than Casboult is a better contested mark
He is very slow.

1 - Casboult is a significantly better player than Vickery
2 - He will cost us nothing in terms of players/picks as is a FA
3 - We received a compensation pick in the draft for losing Ty

So it's a strange statement TBH

You say if we get Levi we should have kept Ty.

The pick we got for letting Ty go was used to draft Shai Bolton.

Casboult and Bolton ill take EVERY day over Ty thanks

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #452 on: August 09, 2017, 01:21:00 PM »
He is very slow.

Definately agree to disagree,  If he was any good Carlton would be keeping him. 

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #453 on: August 09, 2017, 01:40:13 PM »
He is very slow.

Carlton don't have a choice.  Who would want to play for that rabble when he can choose who he wants to play for.

Casboult and Vickery totally different players.  Casboult 2 contested marks a game, Vickery would be lucky to take 2 a month.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #454 on: August 09, 2017, 01:50:11 PM »
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-09/sell-buy-resign-retire-what-your-club-is-planning-this-trade-period

No prizes for guessing the Tigers' priority: re-signing Dustin Martin. North Melbourne has led the opposition raids on the Brownlow Medal favourite, trying to blow Richmond out of the water with a six-year offer worth up to $1.3 million a season. The Tigers have increased their initial offer of about $850,000 a season to about $1.1 million a year and are confident of retaining the midfield superstar. Richmond's efforts appear to have satisfied Martin amid widespread speculation he will re-sign soon. GWS midfielder Jacob Hopper is on the Tigers' radar, but if the Victorian decides to come home they will face stiff competition from Geelong, Carlton and Essendon, while Adelaide and the Brisbane Lions are also circling the 20-year-old. Richmond is also trying to find some aerial support for Jack Riewoldt in attack, with Carlton free agent Levi Casboult increasingly looming as its main target.

:pray

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #455 on: August 09, 2017, 04:54:32 PM »
Keep Martin, bring in Hoppper and Casboult, keep both FRP's would be a 9.5/10 trade period for mine.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #456 on: August 09, 2017, 06:07:54 PM »
Hopper will likely cost a first round pick...(we might as well have just swapped Deledio for him last year...)

..and Lever will cost at least the other..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #457 on: August 09, 2017, 06:33:06 PM »
Keep Martin, bring in Hoppper and Casboult, keep both FRP's would be a 9.5/10 trade period for mine.

Why not 10? What would make it a 10?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #458 on: August 09, 2017, 06:33:59 PM »

Kelly  :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #459 on: August 09, 2017, 06:35:06 PM »

Not signing Casboob I presume....

- Thomas Sowell

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #460 on: August 09, 2017, 06:58:28 PM »

10 leaves no room for improvement....

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #461 on: August 09, 2017, 10:07:17 PM »
 :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #462 on: August 09, 2017, 10:40:34 PM »

Carlton want to keep him have offered him a new deal, he hasnt signed

Sounds like a similar scenario that the RFC is currently dealing with
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Levi Casboult rumours, free agent: Is he going to Richmond from Carlton?

JON RALPH,
Herald Sun
10 August 2017

LEVI Casboult has not yet agreed to a move to Richmond but is open to relocating to a club that will offer him a long-term deal.

The Blues spearhead has taken the most contested marks in footy this year and kicked an equal team-high 29 goals for Carlton.

But while he grew up a Blues fan his status as an unrestricted free agent reflects his modest wage at Carlton — he is not in the top 10 paid players.

Despite reports he had agreed in principle with the Tigers his manager Anthony McConville told the Herald Sun on Wednesday he was still considering his options.

He is intent on waiting until season’s end and is keen to maximise the terms of his most lucrative contract of his career after turning 27 last March.

Of the 36 players in the competition who have had at least 100 hit-outs (he has 137), his 29 goals are 12 more than any other player.

Port Adelaide free agent Jackson Trengove has 17 goals, Rory Lobbe 16 and Ben McEvoy 16, with his dual position status a key selling point for rivals.

It is understood Casboult would want a deal of at least three years and on finances that reflect his position as one of the few key forwards on the open market.

He has multiple suitors that include Richmond, where his marking and contested work in the forward line would help their fleet of quick crumbers.

McConville said yesterday Casboult had made no decision on his future.

“At the end of the day it’s going to be Levi’s decision as to whether he remains at Carlton,’’ he told the Herald Sun.

“My job is to facilitate what is available for him. I can assure you at this point in time there is no deal from any club that has been brokered or agreed to.

“It will remain that way until the last game and then we will see at year’s end what is available at Carlton. We will keep all our options open until the end of the year.”

If Carlton finished last and Casboult left they could receive pick 18 as free agency compensation for him given GWS does not have a first-round pick

It would not only give them some salary cap relief but another high pick to attempt to lure GWS midfielders Josh Kelly or Jacob Hopper.

Carlton could win their fifth wooden spoon in 15 this year given they are unlikely to win again — they face West Coast (away), Hawthorn and Sydney (SCG).

Brisbane has one less win but faces an injury-raved Gold Coast without Tom Lynch, Jarrod Witts and likely Gary Ablett, then Melbourne and North Melbourne (Gabba).

Fellow Sydney free agent Sam Reid, who has never kicked more than 31 goals a year, just won another lucrative four-year contract.

Casboult has kicked more goals, taken more marks and won more hit-outs than Reid in the past three seasons but would be paid far less than the Swans swingman.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-spearhead-levi-casboult-is-considering-his-options-as-an-unrestricted-free-agent/news-story/57308ac66991fa55a6d42198581251b7

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #464 on: August 10, 2017, 06:58:04 AM »
Anyone know why those cheats would get pick 18 for a dud like Levi?

stuff this system is a joke. Wasn't buddy like pick 17 compo

I'd give the hack 2 years and if not stay where you are

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.