Author Topic: Dustin Martin's contract talk thread / Dusty a Tiger for next 7 years [update]  (Read 164450 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Another day and another media article linking Dusty to a different club  :sleep. According to this one, Hawthorn will be making a big play for Dusty.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/gary-buckenara-says-hawthorn-could-be-the-quiet-sleeper-in-the-race-for-dustin-martin/news-story/7ba82c163afb7b24bcc2b99f1301d4de

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Clubs can do what they want but if an offer is put to Dusty and we match it what would a club like Hawthorn have to offer us....= nothing!

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Clubs can do what they want but if an offer is put to Dusty and we match it what would a club like Hawthorn have to offer us....= nothing!

A KPF that can pinch hit in the ruck?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

Freo? Yeah right

Not sure mate, wouldn't think so though

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

A KPF that can pinch hit in the ruck?

Well that'd be a hickory, dickory shock, that trade would be a lock, when the clock strikes 2 he'd do his poo and we'd dump him off at the next block
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

dwaino

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
And as for the multi-million dollar question the footy world wants answered, Carr insists there's "nothing to report" on Martin's negotiations, but believes he's helped the 25-year-old learn to live in the spotlight. 

"I would like to think that we have played a role in helping him become a professional on, and off the field," he says.

"Dustin is a remarkable player and person."

RALPH CARR'S VIEWS

On player movement:
I think we'll see more of this in the future. I would like to think that the AFL will put something in place to benefit the club who has developed the player to the point of reaching free agency. It would be great for players to be able to stay at their existing clubs, and not suffer financially. 

On a manager's role:
I think that the contract is a small part of the bigger picture. As player managers, we need to understand the person, the family, and ambition. These are far more important things to address in getting a better performance from our clients. 

On standing firm at the negotiating table:

I always try and remove myself from the emotion and try and be a realist about the market value of a client.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-23/another-tiger-joins-ralph-carrs-famous-stable

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
"I would like to think that we have played a role in helping him become a professional on, and off the field," he says.

This from the Merkin, I'm assuming when he means "WE" the RFC have done a hell of a job in this process also.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Dusty today reminded the Club how important he is to the team.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dusty now leading the AFL Coaches Association Award:

AFLCA LEADERBOARD
63 Dustin Martin (Rich)
62 Patrick Dangerfield (Geel)
57 Elliot Yeo (WC)
56 Joel Selwood (Geel)
53 Rory Sloane (Adel)
50 Gary Ablett (GC)
48 Zach Merrett (Ess)
48 Scott Pendlebury (Coll)
46 Clayton Oliver (Melb)
43 Josh Kennedy (Syd)
43 Alex Rance (Rich)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-26/aflca-votes-round-14-superstars-surge-to-the-top

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers mad if they let Dusty walk (Adelaide Advertiser)
« Reply #235 on: July 01, 2017, 06:02:05 AM »
Tigers mad if they let Dusty walk

Jesper Fjeldstad,
The Advertiser
July 1, 2017

FORMER Richmond assistant coach Mark Williams will play a central role as Tigers superstar Dustin Martin decides on his future.

Williams, 58, now coaches amateur side Ajax in Melbourne and serves as the director of coaching and development for Maccabi Victoria, an organisation that develops more than 4000 athletes across several sports.

But he remains close to Martin, whom he was assigned to mentor in his four seasons as a development coach at Punt Road, and is part of the inner circle that is constantly pestered about the All-Australian’s future.

He also maintains contact with Martin’s father Shane, who lives in New Zealand after being deported for his links to the Rebels motorcycle club.

Put bluntly, Williams — Port Adelaide’s only AFL premiership coach — agreed with the widespread notion that Richmond would be mad to let him go.

“Dustin’s going great,” Williams said. “I was talking to his dad the other day, over in New Zealand.

“We keep in contact and compare notes about what he’s up to and what he might be doing in the future. It’s all good.

“They would be (mad to let him go), there’s no doubt about it.

“He’s outstanding as far as his durability and consistency.

“Those two things are always paramount when you’re looking at contracts. He still delivers in performance, one week after the other.”

Martin has reportedly been heavily courted by North Melbourne, who is understood to be ready to part with more than $1 million a season over a long-term deal for the 26-year-old.

There have also been unconfirmed whispers that both Adelaide and Essendon have shown some interest.

But the Crows and the Bombers have denied chasing Martin or tabling an offer.

Last month, Martin tweeted out reports surrounding a bidding war over his future as “fake news”, only to later withdraw the tweet.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/former-power-afl-premiership-coach-mark-williams-says-richmond-mad-if-they-let-dustin-martin-go/news-story/35ba61feb1ac5084fb8563846294a1c5

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ch 7 news last night said Richmond has upped the length of Dusty's new contract offer to 6 years.

They also said the length of any new contract is as much as important to Dusty as the money.

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
$900,00-$1,200,000 for 6 years fair?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
$900,00-$1,200,000 for 6 years fair?
i think 1.2 for the next five years. He's worth every cent.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
At least a million p.a over 6 years. Worth every cent.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd