Author Topic: Finals - will we make them ??  (Read 24719 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Finals - will we make them ??
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2017, 10:48:33 PM »
Surely Claw just says stuff like that to get a reaction because if he knew anything about our players he would know Short is one of the best kicks at the club.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2017, 11:00:04 PM »
Surely Claw just says stuff like that to get a reaction because if he knew anything about our players he would know Short is one of the best kicks at the club.
What are you saying here bt.

Short has one shocker and all of sudden his kicking is as bad as Castagna's.....ahahaha don't ever change mopsy claws... :clapping
one game!!!!!  again you blokes aint watching. he has regularly tuned the ball over this yr. Im sick to death of mates complaining about his turnovers.Now if thats kicking or decision making ill leave to you lot.

I know castagna is never going to drill a 50 mtre pass  but im pretty sure he will   play one v one  well,  apply heaps of pressure in the back half  just like he does in the front half,  and run and carry  yeah take the game on!!!!  and kick to advantage  make a good decision without being a top kick.

Yep lots of blinkers around this place but give it time like most things you will all come around, short has been turning it over a lot more than people want to admit.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2017, 11:15:18 PM »
Short is one of the very few that will attempt the tough kick. Not like Houli or BEllis who are just happy to kick it down the line and rack up meaningless possessions.
Hi risk for high reward in Short's case imo. And I'm more than happy knowing that not all will work 100% of the time. Very much like Dusty in that respect.

He is a very good kick, and a very good player. Id take him over the others in mentioned in a heart beat.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2017, 12:52:10 AM »
Winning finals is what we are about.....we just haven't won one yet
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2017, 07:08:46 AM »
Agree with bt here. Short tries to break the game open with his kicking. He thus takes greater risks and in doing so turns the ball over more often. If he took the Bellis approach, he'd hit his target 100% of the time. I prefer he took risks.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2017, 12:06:23 PM »
You are right about Castagna Claw, despite missing goals, his positives are very very good and I reckon he will turn the goal thing around.  Very dynamic player and is always amongst it.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2017, 12:26:12 PM »
You are right about Castagna Claw

Well yeah except for the complete & utter bollocks about him being a good decision maker who always kicks to advantage.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2017, 12:32:47 PM »
You are right about Castagna Claw, despite missing goals, his positives are very very good and I reckon he will turn the goal thing around.  Very dynamic player and is always amongst it.

No one disputes Castagna having some fantastic strengths -  if he was a good reliable kick he'd be our best small forward no doubt about it - but to say his kicking is on par with Short's is just uninformed and wrong

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2017, 02:10:13 PM »
Yeah true.  I just went off of the last comment, I like dropping into convo's throwing in a pearl of wisdom and then wandering off into the sunset like Clint Eastwood or maybe his Orangutan Clive
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2017, 02:47:53 PM »
Yeah true.  I just went off of the last comment, I like dropping into convo's throwing in a pearl of wisdom and then wandering off into the sunset like Clint Eastwood or maybe his Orangutan Clive

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2017, 03:33:53 PM »
increased forward pressure  -  which has been openly credted to Caracella

Also worth noting that Leppitsch left after 2013 but returned this year and now we're playing more direct, attacking football again. Coincidence? :shh

Was going to question the first part. The overwhelming love for Caracella on this forum is the only place I have seen him get credited for anything positive that comes from this club. So when and where has our forward pressure been credited to Caracella outside this forum?

Which leads me to the second point. Caracella is one of a couple of assistants but is more involved in our midfield whereas Leppa is our forwards coach. Now, why hasn't he been given any recognition for the forward pressure?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2017, 04:02:25 PM »
increased forward pressure  -  which has been openly credted to Caracella

Also worth noting that Leppitsch left after 2013 but returned this year and now we're playing more direct, attacking football again. Coincidence? :shh

Was going to question the first part. The overwhelming love for Caracella on this forum is the only place I have seen him get credited for anything positive that comes from this club. So when and where has our forward pressure been credited to Caracella outside this forum?

Which leads me to the second point. Caracella is one of a couple of assistants but is more involved in our midfield whereas Leppa is our forwards coach. Now, why hasn't he been given any recognition for the forward pressure?

I think it is the search for the messiah and a big ranga doesn't fit the bill

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2017, 06:30:11 PM »

No one disputes Castagna having some fantastic strengths -  if he was a good reliable kick he'd be our best small forward no doubt about it - but to say his kicking is on par with Short's is just uninformed and wrong
Never said his kicking is on par with shorts, and all i have said about short is the fact he is turning the ball over a hell of a lot and it has not just been in recent weeks.
As usual people getting up in arms about a favorite who has been talked up.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2017, 07:13:47 PM »
On the thread topic. We dont deserve to play finals  nothing but back yard bullies and pretenders.

1O  wins so far only one against a top 4 team the rest against teams out of form or injury riddled or just plain poor.
BL 18th  2 wins
NM 17th 1
CA 16TH 2 wins
CO  14th 1
ES 10TH 1
WC 8TH 1
ME 7TH 1
PA 4TH 1

We have kicked more than 12 goals just twice since we were 5-0 and that was against fmd the 18th BL and 17th NM placed teams.We have managed it just 5 times all season the other three occasions against
you guessed it the 18th  BL, 16TH CA and 14TH Co,

Since rnd 5 when everyone was creaming their pants  over how freakin good they thought we were, we are 5 and 6 and looked second rate in just about every game.Mediocrity is the norm not the exception

People still creaming their pants how good the little fellas have supposedly been never for a minute considering that so many of them at once is the problem.

So much b/s out there and people keep falling for it.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2017, 07:39:03 PM »
On the thread topic. We dont deserve to play finals  nothing but back yard bullies and pretenders.

1O  wins so far only one against a top 4 team the rest against teams out of form or injury riddled or just plain poor.
BL 18th  2 wins
NM 17th 1
CA 16TH 2 wins
CO  14th 1
ES 10TH 1
WC 8TH 1
ME 7TH 1
PA 4TH 1

We have kicked more than 12 goals just twice since we were 5-0 and that was against fmd the 18th BL and 17th NM placed teams.We have managed it just 5 times all season the other three occasions against
you guessed it the 18th  BL, 16TH CA and 14TH Co,

Since rnd 5 when everyone was creaming their pants  over how freakin good they thought we were, we are 5 and 6 and looked second rate in just about every game.Mediocrity is the norm not the exception

People still creaming their pants how good the little fellas have supposedly been never for a minute considering that so many of them at once is the problem.

So much b/s out there and people keep falling for it.

Don't agree with that Claw early on with our new game plan run and carry and tackling it suited us we could match with the best.Don't forget we lost 4 or 5 games under 1 goal  all  winnerable lack of football smarts cost us and we a still mentally weake,that was against swans,giants etc.Last couple of weeks I have noticed going away from the new game plan playing more conservative like 2016 no run carry tackling etc and over use of football.