Author Topic: Round 1, 2018 - Richmond vs Carlton @ the M.C.G. / The night we unfurl our flag  (Read 12361 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Round 1 vs Carlton expected to be a sell-out (RFC)
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 06:24:26 PM »
There is added excitement to the Round 1 Thursday night blockbuster against rivals Carlton, when Richmond will unfurl the premiership flag in front of a packed MCG crowd.

“That’s going to be a really special moment for our Club and our fans when we can once again acknowledge the premiership, and then crack in to the start of a new and exciting season,” Gale said.

Round 1 is expected to be a sell-out, with only 2018 members likely to have access to tickets.

To guarantee entry to the game, the Club strongly encourages fans to join or renew as members before February 28.

Source: RFC website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Full house

THE highest-ever Round 1 crowd is expected to witness Richmond unfurl its premiership flag in this year’s season opener against Carlton with the Tigers also on track to break their membership record.

PAYWALL: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-set-to-sell-out-round-1-clash-against-carlton/news-story/42f8e4818ab6736893a74a95c948f0ce

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Selling out the 100k capacity 'G once again, record memberships, dominating media exposure, etc .....

We all said on here over the years (since OER started in 2004) that if we ever became successful onfield again we would become a monster of a football club once again and the rest of the comp. wouldn't know what hit it. That dream has turned into reality over the past 6 months  :gotigers.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Selling out the 100k capacity 'G once again, record memberships, dominating media exposure, etc .....

We all said on here over the years (since OER started in 2004) that if we ever became successful onfield again we would become a monster of a football club once again and the rest of the comp. wouldn't know what hit it. That dream has turned into reality over the past 6 months  :gotigers.
How good is it!
Ohh and back to back would be truely hated by the nuffies far and wide

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks

How good is it!
Ohh and back to back would be truely hated by the nuffies far and wide

:lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
A crowd of 90,000-plus is expected at Richmond’s Round 1 season-opener against Carlton, and the Club advises fans to join or renew as members before February 28, to provide the best opportunity of ensuring entry to the match.

“We have been advising our fans that the best way to ensure they don’t miss out on the game is to become a member. Members will get priority access when tickets go on sale,” Gale said.

Source: RFC website

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Personally I think that any tickets that would normally be allocated to Carlton should instead be given to Adelaide so that some of their fans who missed out on the Grandfinal can still get a chance to see the 2017 flag.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Only a month (4 weeks) to go  :gotigers.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Will cop some flack for this (bandwagoner, not a true fan etc.) but due to a career change I will be able to attend round 1 for the first time in 5+ years and what a year to be able to attend  :pray :pray

Dougeytherichmondfan

Will cop some flack for this (bandwagoner, not a true fan etc.) but due to a career change I will be able to attend round 1 for the first time in 5+ years and what a year to be able to attend  :pray :pray
Dont you dare attend. We haven't lost it in 5 years either. If you jinx it Ill hunt you down!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dont you dare attend. We haven't lost it in 5 years either. If you jinx it Ill hunt you down!

Yeah fair call, maybe I'll give it a miss...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond’s home game against Carlton at the MCG to open the new season on Thursday, March 22, is forecast to draw a near-capacity crowd, particularly as the Tigers will be unfurling their premiership flag before the opening bounce. They are expecting between 90,000 and 95,000 fans.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/round-one-set-for-400000-fan-replay/news-story/4aa2618df03fcae89db624bf67fb6eae

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
Richmond’s home game against Carlton at the MCG to open the new season on Thursday, March 22, is forecast to draw a near-capacity crowd, particularly as the Tigers will be unfurling their premiership flag before the opening bounce. They are expecting between 90,000 and 95,000 fans.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/round-one-set-for-400000-fan-replay/news-story/4aa2618df03fcae89db624bf67fb6eae

Pffft !!!!
Conservative in my opinion.
MCC love an occasion.

98-99k i believe

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
They'll be sitting on the roof of the southern stand, hanging on the light towers.
That's how big we are now.
All the other clubs are chumps.

Offline AstuteTiger

• Jack Dyer medallist
AFL RESERVE & CLUB MEMBER PRESALE

As a AFL Richmond club support member, i got prime seats today for Rich V Carl (Level 1 undercover) and also Rich V Hawks (RD 3) Level 1 undercover

I just had a look right now for round 1 and only single seats level 1 and 'front' level 4 single seats selling, level 2 sold out and now selling level 4 middle. If you're a AFL member get in now as their is likely to be 'no walk up' or if their is it will be back back rows!

For Richmond club members> IMHO this game could well sell out thus to all my tiger general admission member's id strongly advise to upgrade to a reserve seat (at a guess it will cost $10-$15) this to ensure entry or a decent seat. It'll be crazy that night...

With an anticipated crowd of 90,000-plus, Richmond advises fans to join or renew as members, to provide the best opportunity of ensuring entry to the match.

“We have been advising our fans that the best way to ensure they don’t miss out on the game is to become a member. Members will get priority access when tickets go on sale next Monday morning,” Gale said.

Tickets for Round 1 will be available via ticketek.com.au at the following times…

Member Pre-sale – Monday March 5 - 9am

General public – Wednesday March 7 - 9am

All general admission members have access to upgrade to the Round 1 game and all other home games on Monday.

Members without game day access and the general public have access on Wednesday.

Richmond also will unfurl the 2017 premiership flag before the start of the season-opener match.