Author Topic: Where and when are we playing next week/ Tiges vs Dogs trial match  (Read 9451 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Browny To Hit Deakin (Shepparton News)
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 05:21:23 PM »
BROWN TO HIT DEAKIN
By Mark Brown
February 28 2006
Shepparton News

Richmond comeback kid Nathan Brown is expected to make his long-awaited return to AFL football on Saturday when the Tigers tackle the Western Bulldogs at Deakin Reserve.

Brown's shock inclusion in the Richmond line-up was flagged yesterday by the club's football operations manager Paul Armstrong, who said the classy left-footer had recovered "better than expected" from his first serious hit-out late last week.

Brown played a half with Richmond's VFL affiliate Coburg on Thursday, picking up a handful of possessions and kicking a goal against the Kangaroos' seconds.

"At this stage, I'd say Browny's more than likely to play in Shepparton," Armstrong said.

"He's pulled up better than expected since the weekend and at this stage he's right to go.

"We'll discuss it at match committee (today), but I'd say he's in."

Brown has made stunning progress since snapping his right leg in a sickening incident against Melbourne in round 10 last year.

"I think the sooner he gets back in the action, the better," Armstrong said.

"He's been doing 95 per cent of things at training and he's keen to play."

Armstrong also confirmed Kyabram's Brett Deledio and Barooga's Chris Hyde would line up at Deakin, but added the Tigers' third Goulburn Valley product, Kayne Pettifer, was likely to miss.

"Kayne's battling a slight hand injury, but it's probably enough to keep him out," he said.

While Richmond will take the opportunity to rest several regular senior players on Saturday, the Tigers will welcome back more than just the silky smooth Brown.

Gun midfielder Mark Coughlan, Darren Gaspar and Andrew Kellaway are all expected to turn out against the Bulldogs.

"We'll rest a couple, but we'll still have a very competitive squad," Armstrong said.

"I think the Bulldogs will probably do the same, but both sides will have some very good players running around."

The Tigers-Bulldogs clash will kick off at 2 pm on Saturday.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Where and when are we playing next week/ Tiges vs Dogs trial match
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 06:05:02 PM »
Just heard Kane Johnson say on SEN that we're likely to be up at the Gold Coast for the next practice game.  Don’t know who the opponent will be at this stage.

Julz will be happy.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 07:41:53 PM »
Just heard Kane Johnson say on SEN that we're likely to be up at the Gold Coast for the next practice game.  Don’t know who the opponent will be at this stage.

Julz will be happy.

She'll probably pitch her tent outside the main gate first thing Monday morning ;D

Actually I heard the end of it as I was leaving work he also said after this week they will more than likely play all the senior blokes  ;)

That will make Julz really really happy

She'll be like this :woohoo

;) ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006, 03:18:09 AM »
Richo and Simmo better show or it could get ugly ;D.

It's good that we've been given decent grounds to play on this year instead of being sent out to some dodgy ground in the middle of whoop-whoop.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006, 08:42:44 AM »
Initially I was excited but if it's the weekend of March 11 I'm not cause I'm booked to go up to Noosa on a girls weekend.   :banghead

letsgetiton!

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2006, 09:38:31 AM »

Julz will be happy.

im pretty sure we play sydney , but that may change if the lions get rubbed out this w/e from the nab

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ticket prices for Tiges vs Dogs Shepparton match
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2006, 02:44:17 PM »
AFL AT DEAKIN
March 1 2006
Shepparton News

Richmond v Bulldogs

Date: Saturday, March 4.
Venue: Deakin Reserve, Shepparton.
Start: 2 pm.

Admission:
$10 for adults, $5 for pensioners/students, children under-16 free.

All tickets purchased at the gate.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2006, 02:48:48 PM »
DOG STARS STAY HOME
 By Mark Brown
 March 1 2006
Shepparton News

The Western Bulldogs will adopt a safety first approach towards Saturday's AFL practice match in Shepparton, resting several star players including seventime club champion Scott West.

Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade yesterday confirmed the club would err on the side of caution and spare its senior players the two-hour trek north to Deakin Reserve.

The decision comes after the Bulldogs contested a draining NAB Cup clash against Melbourne in Darwin at the weekend.

Among those likely to miss the Richmond clash are West, Chris Grant, Brad Johnson, Robert Murphy, Rohan Smith and Adam Cooney, who sustained a slight hamstring strain in Darwin.

"We'll take the chance to rest a few of the older guys," Eade said yesterday.

"I noticed at training (on Monday) that the trip to Darwin had taken it out of the guys.

"When you go up there in June, July, it's not too bad but in the middle of summer it takes the sting out of you.

"We were up there for four or five days and a few of the guys looked a bit fatigued on the track on Monday."

Despite the absence of several big-name stars, Eade said he expected the action to be whitehot at Deakin.

Eade said with several players still trying to cement a spot in the Bulldogs' starting 18, there was no excuse for a lacklustre performance against the Tigers.

"Saturday's game is a real opportunity for some of our younger guys to push their claims for a berth in round one," Eade said.

"There's still a few spots up for grabs."

After a barnstorming finish to last season, which included five wins from their last six outings, the Bulldogs are already eyeing off a finals berth.

"We've got to step up and play finals footy," skipper Brad Johnson said.

"We showed at the end of last year that we can compete with the best sides in the competition, so hopefully now we can step up and become one of those better sides, and have sides challenge us throughout the year, rather than us challenging them."

Eade agreed.

"We finished ninth last year, so with the natural growth of the younger players and the development of the entire squad, our aim has to be finals," he said.

Eade said players who were expected to help the Bulldogs bridge the finals gap were Sam Power and the two Camerons, Faulkner and Wight.

He said all three would be unleashed against the Tigers on Saturday.

"They're definitely among that group of players we're looking at to become solid contributors at senior level," Eade said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Ticket prices for Tiges vs Dogs Shepparton match
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 05:05:39 PM »
Admission:
$10 for adults, $5 for pensioners/students, children under-16 free.

All tickets purchased at the gate.

Richmond and AFL Members - Free (they will need to show their current membership card)

Please note: There will be no access to the change rooms for the public.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=insidetheclub&spg=aroundtheclubdisplay&articleid=248694

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Ticket prices for Tiges vs Dogs Shepparton match
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2006, 06:03:37 PM »

Richmond and AFL Members - Free (they will need to show their current membership card)

Struth you'd be in trouble if you were still waiting and waiting and waiting for your membership stuff to arrive

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2006, 06:07:35 PM »
I went to a Stkilda practice match last year and they were charging to get in - I just told them I had signed up but hadn't received my membership yet and hey presto ... Ohh and I only went cause I like trips down memory lane and it was at Moorabin .  :cheers

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2006, 07:50:31 PM »
I went to a Stkilda practice match last year and they were charging to get in - I just told them I had signed up but hadn't received my membership yet and hey presto ... Ohh and I only went cause I like trips down memory lane and it was at Moorabin .  :cheers
My best memory of Moorabbin was Sheedy headbutting someone one day>

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Squad for Doggies trial match
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2006, 04:18:31 PM »
Richmond v Western Bulldogs, Shepparton, Saturday 4 March.

Richmond squad: Darren Gaspar, Brett Deledio, Andrew Raines, Nathan Brown, Tom Roach, Trent Knobel, Dean Polo, Patrick Bowden, David Rodan, Dean Limbach, Ray Hall, Shane Tuck, Danny Meyer, Daniel Jackson, Mark Coughlan, Jay Schulz, Adam Pattison, Andrew Krakouer, Richard Tambling, Chris Hyde, Greg Tivendale, Brent Hartigan, Matthew White, Will Thursfield, Luke McGuane, Andrew Kellaway, Nathan Foley, Jeremy Humm.

In: Brown, Gas, Knobel, Polo, Limbach, Meyer, Cogs, Tivs, Thursfield, McGuane, Kellaway
Out: Newman, Simmonds, Staff, Joel, Richo, Johnson, Howat

Western Bulldogs: Dylan Addison, Travis Baird, Shane Birss, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross, Tom Davidson, Nathan Eagleton, Cameron Faulkner, Ryan Griffen, Mitchell Hahn, Ryan Hargrave, Brian Harris, Shaun Higgins, Damian McCormack, Kieran McGuinness, Jordan McMahon, Will Minson, Adam Morgan, Brad Murphy, Sam Power, Farren Ray, Matthew Robbins, Wayde Skipper, Peter Street, Stephen Tiller, Jesse Wells, Michael West, Cameron Wight.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=248900
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 01:14:23 AM by one-eyed »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Squad for Doggies trial match
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2006, 04:21:54 PM »
Richmond v Western Bulldogs, Shepparton, Saturday 4 March.

In: Brown, Knobel, Polo, Limbach, Meyer, Cogs, Tivs, Thursfield, McGuane, Kellaway
Out: Newman, Gas, Simmonds, Staff, Joel, Richo, Johnson, Howat

Glad to see the young blokes given a go and also happy to see Knobel back - missed his mongrel last week in the centre circle ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2006, 04:53:08 PM »
Brown set to take on Dogs
11:00:37 AM Thu 2 March, 2006
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au

Richmond star Nathan Brown will play in Saturday’s practice match against the Western Bulldogs at Shepparton.

It will be Brown’s first appearance for Richmond since breaking his right leg during the Round 10 clash with Melbourne last year.

He returned to the playing field last week when he played half a VFL practice match for the Coburg Tigers against the Kangaroos reserves.

“The plan all along has been to play him half a game last week and, if he pulled up okay, to continue that program,” said Richmond’s Football Operations Manager Paul Armstrong.

“He did, but because Coburg doesn’t have a game this weekend, the opportunity is for him to play two or three quarters in Shepparton against the Bulldogs.

“Last week, he played the first half and then was rested. This week, we’ll see how he goes playing a bit before half-time, resting, then re-starting after the break. That’s all part of the next step for him . . .”

Richmond will rest captain Kane Johnson, deputy vice-captains Joel Bowden and Matthew Richardson, plus players such as Chris Newman, Troy Simmonds and Greg Stafford this weekend.

But the Tigers will welcome back the likes of Darren Gaspar, Mark Coughlan, Andrew Kellaway and Trent Knobel, who all missed last Saturday’s NAB Cup opener against Hawthorn.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=248878

==============

Does this mean he'll be captain for the day ??? :thumbsup