Author Topic: Where and when are we playing next week/ Tiges vs Dogs trial match  (Read 9450 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
I heard we're off to Shepparton next weekend against the loser of Adelaide and Port. Is that right and when is it?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 02:16:36 AM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

Re: Where and when are we playing next week?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 01:34:10 AM »
I heard we're off to Shepparton next weekend against the loser of Adelaide and Port. Is that right and when is it?

i heard we back to morewell(i hope roadan plays) :banghead
was told by ryan o'connor after the game. lets wait and see

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 11:57:35 AM »

It's in todays papers that the Bulldogs are off to Shepparton next Saturday - nothing about us at this stage. I'd settle for Shepparton or Morwell or almost anywhere else in Victoria  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 12:01:18 PM »
we ahave to wait n c

as i said, at the function i was at i was told we are off the morwell again like last yr, besides rodan doing his knee, we played very well there

Jackstar

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 08:49:12 PM »
Play Doggies at Shepparton

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 09:18:38 PM »
Play Doggies at Shepparton

Will be there :thumbsup ;D ;)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 04:04:09 AM »
Thanks guys  :cheers.

As we're playing the Dogs in round 1 we'd be better off giving the senior blokes a rest. Both coaches will hardly be making any tactical moves. The AFL could have organised someone else who we aren't playing in the early rounds ::). The Doggies will most likely be without Cooney, Murphy, Gilbee and Hargraves so they won't be close to full stength.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 06:11:27 AM »
Thanks guys  :cheers.

As we're playing the Dogs in round 1 we'd be better off giving the senior blokes a rest. Both coaches will hardly be making any tactical moves. The AFL could have organised someone else who we aren't playing in the early rounds ::). The Doggies will most likely be without Cooney, Murphy, Gilbee and Hargraves so they won't be close to full stength.

i say send over the coburg team minus brownie! give them nothing

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 02:25:12 PM »
Confirmed on the AFL site: Richmond v Western Bulldogs at Shepparton, Saturday March 4, 2pm.

At Deakin Reserve - Corner Nixon and Harold streets. Turn right off the Goulburn Valley Highway (Wyndham St) just past the Midland Hwy intersection.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lids vs Dogs (Shepparton News)
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 02:06:01 AM »
Exciting young teams for AFL's Deakin match
By Mark Brown
February 27 2006
Shepparton News

The number ones: 2005 top pick Brett Deledio and 2004 number one Adam Cooney are probable starters in this weekend’s AFL game at Deakin Reserve. 

Kyabram young gun Brett Deledio and his Richmond teammates will square off against the Western Bulldogs on Saturday when AFL football returns to Shepparton.

The AFL yesterday confirmed that Richmond and the Bulldogs would contest next weekend's AFL challenge match at Deakin Reserve.

The game is expected to draw thousands of football diehards as Shepparton hosts its first AFL clash since 2004.

Deledio, who collected 18 possessions in a near beston-ground performance against Hawthorn on Saturday night, said he was looking forward to again gracing Deakin Reserve.

"It will be good to get back on Deakin," Deledio said yesterday.

"I've always enjoyed playing on the ground and hopefully we'll get plenty of support from all the Tigers fans in the Goulburn Valley."

Richmond is certain to start the match as sentimental favourites, with three Goulburn Valley locals on its list.

In addition to Deledio, the Tigers squad also includes Kyabram's Kayne Pettifer and Barooga's Chris Hyde.

The Bulldogs are one of only three AFL clubs which do not boast a player from the Goulburn-Murray region.

Richmond lost its opening NAB Cup match to Hawthorn by 10 points, while the Bulldogs lost to Melbourne by a goal.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Tigers and Dogs to rest stars (HUN)
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 01:17:04 PM »
Tigers and Dogs to rest stars
28 February 2006   Herald Sun

RICHMOND and the Western Bulldogs will rest key players from their practice match at Shepparton on Saturday.

Neither side will want to give the other an edge before the two teams meet again in the opening round on March 31.

But Tiger star forward Nathan Brown, on the recovery trail from a broken leg, could be a surprise inclusion.

Football manager Paul Armstrong said it was always intended for Brown to play two or three quarters this weekend.

"He's pulled up well from the weekend and, as we said, if he pulled up well the next step is for him to play two or three quarters again the following week," Armstrong said.

He said the Tigers were set to rest Matthew Richardson, Greg Stafford, Joel Bowden and Kane Johnson, who have not missed any pre-season sessions.

But Darren Gaspar, Andrew Kellaway, Mark Coughlan and Trent Knobel, who were not available for the opening NAB Cup match against Hawthorn, are likely to be included.

Meanwhile, the Dogs, with several players feeling soreness and tightness after a taxing visit to Darwin, have adopted a no-risk policy for Shepparton.

Scott West, Chris Grant, Brad Johnson, Rohan Smith, Robert Murphy, Daniel Giansiracusa, Dale Morris, Lindsay Gilbee and Adam Cooney will not play.

Scans have cleared defender Ryan Hargrave of serious damage to his jaw, but he could also remain in Melbourne. Cooney, who suffered a hamstring strain last week, was yesterday cleared of any damage.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,18298489%255E19742,00.html

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Where and when are we playing next week/ Tiges vs Dogs trial match
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 03:56:36 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place to post it but the Coburg vs Werribee practice match on Friday has been cancelled.

http://coburgtigers.footballvic.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=103527
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 04:42:56 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place to post it but the Coburg vs Werribee practice match on Friday has been cancelled.

http://coburgtigers.footballvic.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=103527

Which is why Browny will play a half in the seniors  :thumbsup

I'm glad to see we will rest a number of our senior guys. The Doggies line will be weakened as well and as we play them in round 1 it'll be an even more meaningless game even for a trial match as both sides won't be revealing any moves out of the norm.

We might as well give all uninjured youngsters a run. I hope with Richo and Staff rested we give Hughes and Limbach a full game up forward with Patto rotating between the ruck and forward line.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 04:48:59 PM »
Really, it is just about bordering on pointless this game - Apart from giving Browny a run, not much alse can be said or expected.

I thought I was a diehard, but anyone going up for this leaves me for dead I'm afraid.

Look forward to seeing who we play next up, as I usually enjoy these games more than I enjoy the pre-season cup at sterile dome.  :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 04:54:55 PM »
Really, it is just about bordering on pointless this game

As long as we come away without any injuries I'll be happy even if we get pumped.