Author Topic: Where and when are we playing next week/ Tiges vs Dogs trial match  (Read 9444 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Where and when are we playing next week/ Tiges vs Dogs trial match
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2006, 09:12:22 PM »
Does this mean he'll be captain for the day ??? :thumbsup

As it's a game between mostly U25's they might make one of the junior leaders captain for a day. How about Lids caretaker captain of the RFC at just 18 years of age?!
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2006, 10:18:04 PM »

As it's a game between mostly U25's they might make one of the junior leaders captain for a day. How about Lids caretaker captain of the RFC at just 18 years of age?!

That'd be great, Lids is a legend IMO  :bow

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2006, 11:14:38 PM »

Right on the money as usual WP  :thumbsup. Sports Tonight just said Browny will be captain.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Leash put on Browny (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2006, 01:11:13 AM »
Leash put on Brown
03 March 2006   
Herald Sun
Jon Pierik

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace is finding it harder to hold back his star forward Nathan Brown, who is anxious for more game time as he steps up his comeback from a broken leg.

Wallace has stressed the importance of patience in Brown's rehabilitation.

"He is the one who is getting anxious, going `I would like to play a bit more' and that sort of stuff," Wallace said.

"But you have got to monitor it and do it properly . . . keeping a tight hold of the reins."

Brown had his first hit-out in nine months last Friday, playing for Coburg in the first half of a VFL practice match against the Kangaroos at Princes Park. He picked up a handful of possessions and kicked one goal.

The Tiger can expect to log much the same game time against the West Bulldogs at Shepparton tomorrow.

"What we haven't done yet is make a decision whether we play him just a straight half or whether we have a look at how he comes through a halftime break and comes back on," Wallace said.

"Those sort of things we have to work on.

"It's really a little bit of suck it and see.

"He's capable of playing what we want him to play but it's a build-up factor.

"A half to three quarters is where he should be."

The Tigers will take a squad of 28 to Shepparton, with Greg Tivendale, Darren Gaspar, Trent Noble and Mark Coughlan earmarked for valuable game time.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,18332229%255E19742,00.html

----------------------------------------------------

Trent Noble

:stupid

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Let me at 'em - Browny (Shepparton News)
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2006, 01:51:24 PM »
LET ME AT 'EM
By Mark Brown
March 3 2006
Shepparton News

Richmond vice-captain Nathan Brown is a certain starter for tomorrow's AFL practice match at Deakin Reserve.

The gun left-footer was yesterday named in the Tigers' 27-man squad and is expected to play up to three quarters against the Western Bulldogs.

"The leg feels great," Brown said.

"I got through two quarters last week and depending on how things go, I should play about three quarters on Saturday.

"It will be good to be back.

"It's been a fairly frustrating period."

Brown hasn't played AFL football since snapping his right leg against Melbourne in round 10 last year.

The injury was so gruesome - Brown's lower leg bent back at at right angles under the weight of Melbourne defender Matt Whelan - that it caused some television viewers to faint at the sight of constant replays.

"It still gets a bit sore after long training sessions, but it's continually improving," he said.

"The biggest hurdle now is psychological, and the only way to get the confidence back is through match practice."

Brown's inclusion in tomorrow's clash gives the match a muchneeded drawcard after a host of big name withdrawals.

Among the no-shows will be Richmond duo Matt Richardson and Kane Johnson and the Bulldogs' Scott West, Adam Cooney, Brad Johnson, Chris Grant and Rohan Smith.

As expected, Kyabram's Kayne Pettifer was left out of the Richmond line-up with a hand injury, however, the Goulburn-Murray's other two representatives, Brett Deledio and Chris Hyde, were both named for the Tigers.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
3/4 time scores
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2006, 04:31:16 PM »
Courtesy of WP at the game in Shepparton  :thumbsup 

3/4 Time

Richmond   3.6    9.9    16.12   
Bulldogs     3.1    8.3     13.5

First goal of final qtr. All kids on now - 17.12 to 13.5

Goals: Jackson 3, Tuck 2, Brown 2, Hughes 2, Limbach, Hyde, Pattison, Gaspar, Rodan, Tivendale, Hartigan

Browny played both quarters and had a run in the middle for 15 minutes. Looks like he played the third as well as he kicked a couple of goals.

Apologies for the late update. I had to pop out this arvo.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2006, 04:49:27 PM »
from what i know we won by about 80 points but Dean Limbach has done his knee. That was posted on bigfooty- so can someone confirm please.

Moi

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2006, 04:52:07 PM »
from what i know we won by about 80 points but Dean Limbach has done his knee. That was posted on bigfooty- so can someone confirm please.
I'd rather we lost by 80 than to see that  :banghead
Poor Dean  :'(

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Tiges vs Dogs trial match - final scores
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2006, 04:53:53 PM »
Final Scores:

Richmond   3.6    9.9    16.12     26.18-174
Bulldogs     3.1    8.3     13.5      15.6-96

Goals: Jackson 3, Meyer 3, Schulz 3, Hughes 3, Tuck 2, Brown 2,  Hyde 2, Cogs, Tambo, Limbach, Pattison, Gaspar, Rodan, Tivendale, Hartigan

Behinds:  Paddy 4, Knoble 2

Best:  Hyde (BOG), Krakouer (midfield and HFF).

Second half very good. Last quarter forward line - Limbach, Hughes and Lids (the future). Oldest player up forward was Krakouer.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2006, 04:54:37 PM »
if its bad i feel shocking for the kid coz he needed to step us this year and show us what he could do. hopefully the guys on bigfooty are wrong.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2006, 04:56:17 PM »
its a fantastic spread of goalkickers...great to see. can someone try and find out whats happening with limbach as other tiger sites are saying no injuries reported.

Moi

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2006, 04:58:09 PM »
Did Richo play?

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2006, 05:10:46 PM »
Wasn't he being rested?

Moi

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2006, 05:14:22 PM »
If he was rested Julz, i wonder if we would have kicked that many goals, or is it the case that we had more options than kicking it just down to Richo every time.  Interesting  :shh

Ox

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2006, 05:20:45 PM »
LMAO@This match.

Who vs Who.

LMAO@Schulz being a born forward but terry making him appreciate the backline first.

LMAO@Jackson