Author Topic: Biggest sooky little babies?  (Read 195807 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Biggest sooky little babies?
« Reply #540 on: May 22, 2020, 03:07:10 AM »
Quote from: @superfooty
Is there still a Victorian bias in the AFL?
Quote from: Mark White
There is only one answer to this obvious question and it’s a resounding YES ......... It’s quite pathetic when Richmond gets 8 home games to finish the season and Martin mocks the AFL by saying he coped with travel to away games at Marvel Stadium.
https://twitter.com/mgw7408/status/1262862878698160128

Quote from: @BobandAndySEN
JERSEY BOYS: NO.50

The best player to wear 50 on their back in VFL/AFL history is....
Ben Brown               63.8%
Ryan Turnbull             7.8%
Sam Reid (WB, GWS)  5.4%
Marlion Pickett           22.9%
Quote from: jamie macdonald
How marlion Pickett got more votes than sam Reid is beyond me. He’s played 1 game people. Yes it was a grand final but he’s played 1 game
https://twitter.com/pigzibit/status/1260142041029173251

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #541 on: May 22, 2020, 03:05:42 PM »
Quote from: @superfooty
Alex Rance vs Matthew Scarlett!

You can only take one to build your team around, who would you take?
Quote from: Simon Leon
Tigers fans Rance, everyone else Scarlo
Quote from: Matthew
Scarlett and it really isn’t close.
Quote from: Justin Bird
How is that even a question, Scarlett by a mile
Quote from: Alan Burrows
Scarlett by the length of the Flemington straight
Quote from: Clint Waterhouse
Not sure why everyone has a love obsession with rance
Quote from: Nugget
Scarlett actually played on a player. Rance is like a cattle dog running around the outside of everyone
Quote from: Bailey McGlone
Let’s start doing some close comparisons, yeah? Scarlett with absolute ease.
Quote from: Alex Sar
Matthew Scarlett, professional Defender and played the game properly, he's not a diver, nor a quitter.
Quote from: John
So silly. Rance needs a defender to help him, so clearly your not building a team around him
Quote from: Jack Chapman
Is there a quota the Herald Sun must meet to mention Alex Rance per week? Scarlett easily.
Quote from: Derek Mathieson
Rance is better at simulation and that’s it.
GOAT?
You having a giraffe mate
Quote from: Star Wars HUB
Scarlett competes with Silvagni mate.. Rance is a tool and average
Quote from: Shmick
Scarlett could probably defend Mason Cox in an important game.
Quote from: joffwilton
Scarlett easy. He actually defended as well as created..
https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/1263635689414983684

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #542 on: May 22, 2020, 07:48:47 PM »
Quote from: BloodyBoyloes
It’s funny how many Richmond supporters can’t just cop it on the chin that Rance wouldn’t even rate top 5 defensive player in the modern era by many, many people.
Get over it you sook.
Rance the most over rated defender in the modern era though for sure.
Quote from: STAY AT HOME XAVIER
I wouldn’t feed Rance if he was starving. The most overrated player of the century.
https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/1263635689414983684

'Rance' has been trending top 5 in Australia all day today on twitter thanks to salty opposition fans like these.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #543 on: May 23, 2020, 12:38:13 AM »
I seriously wonder what sort of game people are watching. His effort against Sydney? Him shutting down the Adelaide forward like in 17 grand final? Arguably he was actually so good at being a one on one defender (or one on 7 in that 2016 gws annihilation) that from memory they realised that structures and processes over 6 seperate 1vs1 was essential for overall team success

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #544 on: May 23, 2020, 07:38:45 AM »
First defender to ever get tagged from a key defensive post. These bozos have no idea. Jealousy is running deep during this period of Tiger domination.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #545 on: May 25, 2020, 03:14:40 AM »
The Vic-centric AFL discriminates against WA clubs

Morgs
theRoar.com.au
25 May 2020

It happens every year: the much anticipated AFL fixture release.

Footy fans all across Australia eagerly await it. But when they finally get released the excitement quickly turns to frustration outside Victoria.

“Those damn Victorians!” I hear as I walk past a pub adorned with Eagles and Dockers scarves. This is the injustice that is consistently occurring in Aussie rules: the Victorian-central landscape of the AFL.

I grew up here in Perth and have lived here my whole life. What’s not to love – great beaches, fantastic weather, plenty of space, lots happening and a stellar sporting history in several codes.

But what I do not love is the way non-Victorian AFL teams and especially West Australian footy teams are treated.

AFL in our great state is a religion. Simple as that. It’s alright that you don’t know what is happening with politics or the news, it doesn’t matter if you don’t know who our premier or even the prime minister is.

But it is not alright if you don’t know who the Eagles beat at the weekend. My dad and mum brought me and my two brothers up in a diehard Eagles household. There haven’t been many Eagles home games I haven’t attended.

Freo – as much as I despise them during the derby – are a team with serious potential, but due to being discriminated against haven’t been very successful. I wouldn’t want to go as far as to say that it is akin to being treated like a second-class citizen, but it’s not much better.

Last year the Melbourne Demons had a whopping 18 home-city games out of 23. All other Victorian teams (the nine of them) had either 16 or 17 home-city games. Whereas the eight interstate teams had just 12. Yes, you read that right – 12!

I get that it is hard to run a multi-million dollar national sports league. And yes, with 18 clubs all spread out over the sixth largest nation by area in the world, it is sure to have some challenges.

Balance is a tough goal. I understand the AFL was founded in Melbourne and started off as the VFL with only Victorian teams, but more needs to be done.

Take the MCG deal, for example. The AFL signed a contract in 2013 stating that all grand finals until 2057 are to be played at the MCG in Melbourne.

This is mind-boggling. In pretty much all other sporting codes globally – the NFL, NBA, and locally the BBL and NBL – the grand final is never played at one set location, and different teams and cities share it.

If all these organisations – some multi-billion dollar leagues – can do it, then why can’t the AFL? It is the fairest way.

Former West Coast legend and AFL hall of famer Glen Jakovich said this about the deal: “If you want a truly national competition you have to adhere to what the national competition means, if a team earns the right to hold the grand final and they have got the stadium to facilitate the grand final then they hold it. That’s what the national competition in equalisation means.”

Take the recent COVID-19 fiasco. When the AFL temporarily suspended the season back in March, they said that players could only train with one other person (non-contact) per all states’ laws at the time.

On April 26, WA became the first state in Australia to start to ease these restrictions thanks to outstanding testing, low cases, and correct isolation and social distancing. So that would mean the Eagles and Dockers could train (non-contact) in groups of ten, right?

You thought wrong. The AFL said WA clubs can’t do this until all states allowed this, citing this as an unfair competitive advantage. Yet the Eagles and Dockers have to travel 3000 kilometres every second week while Dustin Martin wakes up and drives ten minutes to the G, 18 out of 23 games.

Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes couldn’t have put it better: “God forbid WA clubs get an unfair advantage. These are the guys that travel four hours on a plane every second week while Jack Riewoldt sleeps in his bed for 14 weeks of the season playing games at the MCG.”

This is another bang-on comment from Cornes proving how Vic-centric the AFL actually is.

To no surprise, Cornes’ comments were slammed by Victorian AFL dinosaurs like Matthew Richardson and Eddie McGuire.

Eddie McGuire, the president of Collingwood, is the only president from all clubs that regularly commentates AFL games. But even worse in 2018 he was flown out to Perth to commentate the western derby. Yes, the western derby.

It just doesn’t seem fair for a direct employee – especially a senior one – of a competing AFL club to be commentating on other teams’ games. It is biased and unfair and puts the wrong ideas in people’s heads.

The bias stems from the media. Commentators like McGuire were around when the VFL became the AFL. They are still caught up in the past. They want it to be VFL-centric.

The AFL needs fresh perspective, equality and new, innovative thinking to make the AFL more national and inclusive.

But with people like McGuire in the media, on footy shows and commentating, it is going to be hard to achieve. The AFL needs to do more to make this great game of ours more national and inclusive.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/05/25/the-vic-centric-afl-discriminates-against-wa-clubs/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #546 on: May 25, 2020, 07:36:09 PM »
Quote from: Keegan Carr
AFL trying the navigate through the biggest financial crisis in its history.

Richmond fans: wHy CaNt wE PlAy aT PUnT RoAd
https://twitter.com/ExpatTige/status/1264561968217837570

Quote from: Umair
This is the only negative when the season comes back.. the constant ass kissing of Richmond smh 🤦🏻‍♂️ #AFL
https://twitter.com/umairash11/status/1264419689570029568

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #547 on: May 27, 2020, 12:26:42 PM »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #548 on: May 27, 2020, 12:34:28 PM »

Ah yes remember it well...was pretty poor coaching by KB that day standing a fetus on Ablett... :shh
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 02:07:44 PM by Diocletian »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #549 on: May 28, 2020, 04:44:58 AM »

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #551 on: May 28, 2020, 11:13:15 AM »
What's their solution?

How or where does one Vic club play another?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #552 on: May 28, 2020, 01:22:57 PM »

She has a point, statistics show that playing footy on a Thursday night is easier.  :shh
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #553 on: May 28, 2020, 03:54:44 PM »
Quote from: Peter the Scribe
Very reliant on Jack Riewoldt. Look how average they became when he was injured last year. Tom Lynch looked slow and cumbersome too without Jack doing the hard yards. Not getting younger Jack. Still a good side who will contend but suspect the end is nigh. Despite the shallow thoughts of some who look at average age as their mantra it means nought if the youth don’t step up. If this season gets derailed then the wheels will wobble next year if not fall off. As we found with the Hawks, average players can look better than they are when surrounded by very good but ageing senior players and an out and out champion in Dusty. Even the great Dusty is ageing now.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/05/28/the-decade-that-was-richmond/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #554 on: May 29, 2020, 10:12:35 PM »
Quote from: hub360
all those members, all those sponsors ,record profits yet players set up go fund me accounts…wheels starting to fall off…..
https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/05/29/tiger-army-stays-loyal-to-punt-road/