Author Topic: Biggest sooky little babies?  (Read 192438 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Biggest sooky little babies?
« Reply #420 on: February 13, 2020, 03:01:41 AM »
Quote from: Rhys
Bec Goddard is 100% right. Why are the defending premiere playing away round 1? Why weren’t they given the chance to unfurl a premiership flag at home first up?

No, we HAD to have Richmond and Carlton playing first up again. #VicBias alive and well as always.

https://twitter.com/senzu_bean/status/1226040596797612032

Quote from: Pam Hosking
Sick and tired of Richmond Bering the face of AFL football. Maybe we could include other teams. There are 18 teams in this competition. Best draw most games at home ground   Give is a rest ⁉️ ⁉️ ⁉️

https://twitter.com/pamhosking2/status/1227127857895206912

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #421 on: February 15, 2020, 05:53:54 AM »
AFL twitter: Tell us, what do you love most about footy? ❤️

Quote from: @nicopoulos_john
AFL prejudices the fixture to favour teams like Richmond

Quote from: @AlanHutchins13
That the tigers play 98% of their games at the MCG

Quote from: @grant_phelps
The Victorian centric nature of the "fixture".   Cant get enough of it.
https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1228179321170223104

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: @GcsunScast
Marlion Pickett is the most over-hyped player in the AFLM. He clearly has some good moves and proved that he is AFL standard, but I have strong doubts that he even plays a lot of senior footy. Injury prone as well, so he will do well to get through preseason.

https://twitter.com/GcsunScast/status/1227860406460305410

---------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: FlowersByIrene
The Tigers' model will pass and it will be a glorious day when it does. Talentless runners pushing, fumbling and knocking the ball forward for meterage and then tackling ravenously will eventually be overcome by an actually talented team who can maintain possession whilst cutting through a zone.

Needs to be a balnce of defensive tacklign and clean ball movement. That's perfect footy. Richmond is everything wrong with footy right now.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/have-the-tigers-rendered-stats-useless.1235895/page-3#post-64343180

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #422 on: February 15, 2020, 08:46:04 PM »
Please win again, this is stuffing awesome  :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #423 on: February 16, 2020, 05:24:16 AM »
Quote from: 90 nice
put your hand up if you are sick of their arrogance

Blues bet the tigers in the aflw last night great to see the arrogant tigers go down too

https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=86974

Quote from: Piesnchess
Quote from: 90 nice
Nup Richmond have won this year’s premiership already   
Doubt it, they were poo lucky with injuries again last year, all their stars aside from Rance came back, right on cue, they have a lot of luck with injuries long term the tigers, but that cant last. it has to end. Plus they ran into a very lack lustre GWS way outa their depth,buggered after playing one hell of a tough PF against us, plus, we were injury riddled ourselves, the tigers would have been very wary meeting us fully fit with their nemesis Mason Cox out too. Their luck will run out this season, I would bloody well hope so, cant stand the arrogant bastards, like all of us.  ::) >:(

https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?p=1951315#1951315

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #424 on: February 16, 2020, 01:23:48 PM »
Why do these losers from the carringbush carry on. Theyre chokers. They coughed up a flag against West
Coast. Anyway we will see. Personally I see us going back to back.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #425 on: February 17, 2020, 02:51:45 AM »
Quote from: gosaintas
It's not electric. It's a bunch of try hard unco's fumbling the ball forward until one of them manages to finally pick the thing up and have a ping. It's not far off unwatchable. Wet weather football in the dry. Perfectly coached to suit the poor skill level. Club has "peaked" at a time when the competition is also weak.

Our game plan stood up in finals, we just were outplayed by two excellent teams in the gf's. There are no top teams at the moment. Beating average interstate sides on your home deck in your gf's is one hell of an advantage. Playing two hot teams like 09 Geel and 10 Coll is a different proposition. All 3 sides would flog the Richmond team of today.

The Geelong side of today would get smashed by the 09 version of Geelong, just like Richmond would.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/have-the-tigers-rendered-stats-useless.1235895/page-5#post-64352250

Quote from: roz1812
We were all over them in the prelim final up until half time until our coach lost us the game. Plus we didn't even have Mitch Duncan or Hawkins. They are certainly beatable. I think one of these keys is slowing the game down, they love a fast paced and high intensity game and live off perceived pressure. They are very counter attacking team, so forward half turnovers are fatal when playing them, got to get the ball deep inside 50 and ideally take marks . I think keeping the ball off the ground is a must against them because they play that forward at all cost style and stream forward in waves so they love the ball on the ground and if you are marking it they cant use their pressure game. I think a game style similar to the hawks in their 3 peat years would be very effective against them. Also got to convert inside 50s and shots on goal, while this is relevant against any team, its more so for Richmond as they don't need many inside 50's to hurt teams.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/stopping-the-tigers-2020.1233643/post-64364566

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #426 on: February 17, 2020, 10:18:17 AM »
We were all over them in the prelim final up until half time until our coach lost us the game. Plus we didn't even have Mitch Duncan or Hawkins. They are certainly beatable. I think one of these keys is slowing the game down, they love a fast paced and high intensity game and live off perceived pressure. They are very counter attacking team, so forward half turnovers are fatal when playing them, got to get the ball deep inside 50 and ideally take marks . I think keeping the ball off the ground is a must against them because they play that forward at all cost style and stream forward in waves so they love the ball on the ground and if you are marking it they cant use their pressure game. I think a game style similar to the hawks in their 3 peat years would be very effective against them. Also got to convert inside 50s and shots on goal, while this is relevant against any team, its more so for Richmond as they don't need many inside 50's to hurt teams.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/stopping-the-tigers-2020.1233643/post-64364566

Not too far from the truth this, although I would like to add that Geelong is old and slow, so I think Richmond out-ran them in addition to their couch being an actual potato.

Richmond 100% struggles when they play clean teams that maintain possession and move the ball quickly. This is how we lost to Collingwood in the 2018 PF.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #427 on: February 17, 2020, 02:03:15 PM »
So team's can beat is with Hawthorn's game plan from their premiership years...when we beat them two out three times with an inferior side.... three out of four when you count 2012 when they were runners-up... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #428 on: February 17, 2020, 04:24:19 PM »

Not too far from the truth this, although I would like to add that Geelong is old and slow, so I think Richmond out-ran them in addition to their couch being an actual potato.

Richmond 100% struggles when they play clean teams that maintain possession and move the ball quickly. This is how we lost to Collingwood in the 2018 PF.

The thing we do well is to keep our play up for all 4 quarters. Few teams have been able to go with us and are not consistent enough to ultimately challenge us.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #429 on: February 17, 2020, 06:20:01 PM »
We didn’t lose to Collingwood in the prelim because they played clean and maintained possession. We lost because barring a few players the rest never came out to play.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #430 on: February 17, 2020, 06:25:55 PM »
Unpopular opinion
Man for man @essendonfc have better players than @Richmond_FC .

Most of tigers players are role players and wouldn’t get into a lot of top 8 sides.

Dimma is a great coach and has done a great job in tricking people into believing duds like Prestia are elite.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #431 on: February 19, 2020, 03:47:39 PM »
Quote from: @JusticeForJobe
Unpopular opinion

Man for man @essendonfc have better players than @Richmond_FC .

Most of tigers players are role players and wouldn’t get into a lot of top 8 sides.

Dimma is a great coach and has done a great job in tricking people into believing duds like Prestia are elite.
That Bombers fan couldn't even be original. He copied that tweet from a Man Utd fan  :wallywink

Quote from: @alexmatthewsar
Huge call mate, but true. As a fellow Essendon supporter, I'd have our players over Richmond players anyday of the week, regardless how many Premierships they've won.
https://twitter.com/JusticeForJobe/status/1229269193977036800

:stupid

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #432 on: February 19, 2020, 03:58:13 PM »
Quote from: @jamesvear
Someone needs to go through the ledger at Richmond. I think some auditing could reveal some salary cap breaches...

https://twitter.com/jamesvear/status/1229548498963427328

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #433 on: February 19, 2020, 04:38:39 PM »
Insanity should be a growing concern for governments in Australia.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #434 on: February 20, 2020, 02:01:45 PM »
Dwayne Russell on SEN this arvo spent nearly the whole first hour of his show still talking/whinging about Geelong not playing home finals at Kardinia Park and that Geelong were missing Hawkins & Duncan in the Prelim.

'Geelong played Richmond down in round 21 at Kardinia Park in the Tigers premiership year and won'.

'The AFL aren't going to change it so there's no point going on about it and whinging about it ... but Geelong playing in front of 75k Tiger fans at the MCG is an away game.'

:lol