Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 102312 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones [merged]
« Reply #270 on: September 15, 2021, 12:46:03 PM »
If fit, Soldo absolutely plays ahead of CCJ at this stage imo.

Natural improvement in CCJ may change that, but as it stands our premiership ruckman, Soldo, is a VERY important player to our team.

I just couldn’t disagree more. Soldo has such little impact on the game and has most likely reached his ceiling especially with the knee injury whilst CCJ has much, much more to offer.
Nank no.1 ruck and CCJ fwd and 2nd ruck looks a lot better than with soldo

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #271 on: September 15, 2021, 01:20:23 PM »
NORTH MELBOURNE TO LAND RICHMOND RUCK-FORWARD IF HE LEAVES TIGERLAND

Sam Edmund
SEN
15 September 2021

North Melbourne has won the race for Callum Coleman-Jones should he tell Richmond he wants a fresh start.

Coleman-Jones would accept a four-year contract at the Kangaroos if he parts ways with the Tigers.

Gold Coast had come hard for the Richmond ruck-forward, offering a five-year deal, but Coleman-Jones has chosen North.

Reports claimed the Kangaroos had also put a five-year offer in front of the 22-year-old Tiger, but the contract is for four.

The Tigers have fought hard to keep Coleman-Jones at Punt Road and offered him a two-year contract to stay.

But after nine games in four years – and with Toby Nankervis, Ivan Soldo, Tom Lynch and Jack Riewoldt all still in front of him - he is craving more opportunity.

Coleman-Jones enjoys life in Melbourne and the 201cm Tiger arguably looms as a better fit at the Roos where ruckman Todd Goldstein is 33 and four years older than Suns counterpart and co-captain Jarrod Witts.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/09/15/north-melbourne-to-land-richmond-ruckman-if-he-leaves-tigerland/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2021, 01:29:23 PM »
“Callum Coleman Jones, rivals believe he’ll be at North Melbourne next year on a long-term deal – probably a five-year deal on somewhere between $400,000 to $450,000, a year,” Tom Morris told AFL Tonight.

“I believe it’s going to be this long-term deal for five years. Gold Coast also offered five years, but Coleman-Jones wants to play more in the ruck.

“It’s fair to say Todd Goldstein is closer to the end than Jarrod Witts so it makes sense to go to North Melbourne if he does want to play more in the ruck.

“This will be a great win for North Melbourne. It is a bit of a blow to the Tigers, but they just couldn’t justify the length of deal or the money that Coleman-Jones clearly wanted and that North Melbourne and Gold Coast were offering.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/department-of-trade/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-2021-callum-colemanjones-north-melbourne-mabior-chol-gold-coast-dylan-stephens-collingwood/news-story/5b7fbb960c863f2f72af4ee6a1dc5d1f

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #273 on: September 15, 2021, 01:52:12 PM »
At the end of the day look after your future,  but gez he cost the club bigtime last year same scenario as Higgins  doesn't want to fight for his place and walk.He played 8 games this year 2 missed  by injury and 7 suspended he got plenty opportunity.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 02:21:19 PM by georgies31 »

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #274 on: September 15, 2021, 02:15:34 PM »
Good luck at Norf and the decent into mediocrity

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #275 on: September 15, 2021, 02:53:34 PM »
CCJ gone to North according to Jon Ralph.

-----------------

"Callum Coleman Jones to play for the Roos next year. The chance to play ruck hugely exciting for him alongside Goldstein and Soldo is back for the Tigers with Nank already at Punt Road. A huge coup. Weideman not in the Roos plans."

https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1438001362709606403

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #276 on: September 15, 2021, 03:39:16 PM »
There is no way we could justify a 4-5 year deal. Agree with the club offering only 2-3 years based on what he’s shown so far.

It is unfortunate but it is what it is. Can’t really fault the guy for accepting a deal 2-3 years longer than the one we are offering. No different to all the other fringe players we’ve lost over the past 5 years, have all left for one or more of money, contract length, playing opportunity. None of them have even remotely come back to haunt us imo and hopefully it stays that way.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: September 15, 2021, 03:40:37 PM »
Poor player management to develop a player to a stage he can play first ruck for another club and from and get about the pick back we used to get him in the first place.
Should be given a longer contract and play ruck before Soldo imho

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: September 15, 2021, 03:44:03 PM »
Poor player management to develop a player to a stage he can play first ruck for another club and from and get about the pick back we used to get him in the first place.
Should be given a longer contract and play ruck before Soldo imho

He wouldn’t play first ruck for north. He’d be behind Goldstein.

Also as a ruck I think soldo is a much better option. Have always seen CJ as a forward who pinch hits in the ruck rather than the other way round.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: September 15, 2021, 04:25:13 PM »
I wish this peace of poo all the best.

North have us over a barrel. Why would they cough up 20 when they get him for free? It looks like this scum bag doesnt give a poo if that happens either.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #280 on: September 15, 2021, 04:30:47 PM »
 I'll keep my powder dry until it is official

But if true it is a very poor decision by the young man

People keep saying he cost a person their job after the kebab fiasco

1 person, fulltime yes

But more than one when you are talking about the part timers and match day only folks
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #281 on: September 15, 2021, 04:41:53 PM »
So he should stay on a 2 year deal and knock back 4-5 years at North on serious coin?

This isn't suburban footy where he's leaving for a few extra hundred bucks. It is his job.

Kid can play, meet him in the middle somewhere
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: September 15, 2021, 04:56:58 PM »
CCJ gone to North according to Jon Ralph.

-----------------

"Callum Coleman Jones to play for the Roos next year. The chance to play ruck hugely exciting for him alongside Goldstein and Soldo is back for the Tigers with Nank already at Punt Road. A huge coup. Weideman not in the Roos plans."

https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1438001362709606403

What a campaigner.  Hope he does a massive knee in the Pre-season

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #283 on: September 15, 2021, 05:08:47 PM »
So he should stay on a 2 year deal and knock back 4-5 years at North on serious coin?

This isn't suburban footy where he's leaving for a few extra hundred bucks. It is his job.

Kid can play, meet him in the middle somewhere

You are assuming we aren't offering him "serious coin"

I would give him 3 years not 2 that's too short. But I wouldn't be giving him $450k a season yet

How much do you think he is worth a season??
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #284 on: September 15, 2021, 06:01:03 PM »
Callum Twomey reckons Richmond will make one last-ditch bid to retain CCJ but ultimately he will leave to go to North Melbourne.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/677181/dawson-s-value-tigers-last-ditch-bid-giants-forward-future?videoId=677181&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1631687400001