Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 99296 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones [merged]
« Reply #285 on: September 15, 2021, 06:28:56 PM »
CCJ gone to North according to Jon Ralph.

-----------------

"Callum Coleman Jones to play for the Roos next year. The chance to play ruck hugely exciting for him alongside Goldstein and Soldo is back for the Tigers with Nank already at Punt Road. A huge coup. Weideman not in the Roos plans."

https://twitter.com/RalphyHeraldSun/status/1438001362709606403

What a campaigner.  Hope he does a massive knee in the Pre-season

stuff that is a pathetic thing to say

So he should stay on a 2 year deal and knock back 4-5 years at North on serious coin?

This isn't suburban footy where he's leaving for a few extra hundred bucks. It is his job.

Kid can play, meet him in the middle somewhere

You are assuming we aren't offering him "serious coin"

I would give him 3 years not 2 that's too short. But I wouldn't be giving him $450k a season yet

How much do you think he is worth a season??

Not over 5 years we're not. Hence why you can't blame him if he leaves

Id give him 3 years at 400k.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones wants to be traded to Norf [merged]
« Reply #286 on: September 15, 2021, 06:49:06 PM »
Tiger tall set to join Kangaroos ...

Richmond tall Callum Coleman-Jones has told the Tigers he wants to be traded to North Melbourne ....

Coleman-Jones informed the Tigers of his preference to move across town to Arden Street with the promise of more opportunities to play senior football and to spend more time in the ruck.

Coleman-Jones was also courted by the Gold Coast Suns but declined their offer in favour of a move to the Kangaroos. He informed all three clubs of his decision early this week.

Coleman-Jones was drafted as a ruckman from his junior football and wants to spend more time in the ruck. While Todd Goldstein will naturally remain first ruck, he is in his final season or two and North believe the arrival of support will help him potentially extend his playing career if he can alternate with Coleman-Jones in the forward line.

A move to the Gold Coast would have had an irony about it for Coleman-Jones, as it was the location of his COVID breach, where he and teammate Sydney Stack got in a fight outside a kebab shop after being kicked out of a strip club. He was suspended for 10 weeks and the club fined $100,000 for the breach last year.

The fact Coleman-Jones has chosen to leave after the Tigers were heavily punished and supported him following that incident has left the club privately angry.

The trade value for Coleman-Jones is difficult to quantify as he was pick 20 - the first pick in the second round - four years ago but has only played nine games in that time. North Melbourne presently have the first pick in the second round of this year’s draft.

The Tigers would consider that four years of time put into a player and the contract terms offered to him to move would mean he is worth a pick better than what they originally used on him. North would argue Coleman-Jones has only played nine games in four years.

While it is unlikely to be used, the Kangaroos also have the first pick in the pre-season draft, so theoretically if negotiations failed he could walk there for nothing.

Richmond had feared one of the players might leave for more opportunity but they were hopeful they would be able to keep one of the out-of-contract talls.

The duo will exit believing in large part that with Toby Nankervis coming back into the team and Ivan Soldo returning from knee surgery next year, they would be pushed down the pecking order behind the premiership ruckmen. Now the Tigers have lost the depth they had to support their ruck and tall forward stocks.

Both players were worried that with COVID uncertainty continuing there is no guarantee that yet another VFL season will not be interrupted next year and not playing regular senior AFL football may mean no regular football anywhere again next year, which comes after two years of interrupted VFL seasons.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tiger-talls-set-to-join-kangaroos-suns-20210915-p58ryl.html

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #287 on: September 15, 2021, 07:52:58 PM »
Honestly I don't mind if he goes, I didn't think a huge amount of him anyway just a potential but not a complete player. Let's recruit another tall fwd with an early pick who can play after jack retires.

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #288 on: September 15, 2021, 08:27:46 PM »
Recruit a couple of key defenders and play Balta CHF.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #289 on: September 15, 2021, 10:52:14 PM »
Big fish, small pond.

Shows the man he is, after the crap storm he brought to the club last year. And if I remember correctly it was the small man Stack who looked to be going after that bloke in the video while this beast of a man crapped his dacks.

I'd take 20 but I doubt we'll get it with the threat of PSD. 20 with 44 going back I could live with. 38 on its own is a fail for the club but oh well they have us over a barrel.

As for CCJ...well he missed 7 games due to suspension, 2 due to injury. Played another 8 games this year which wasn't bad. Heck he might have been a premiership player if he wasn't a DH first and foremost.

F him, I say. Enjoy Tasmania.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #290 on: September 15, 2021, 11:54:27 PM »
Maybe we should all hold off on the sharpening of the pitch forks until this actually happens lol

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #291 on: September 16, 2021, 12:41:43 AM »
The chicken little era is returning. Some of the dumbest and worst type of supporters belong to our club. Almost Port Adelaide level of feral behaviour
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #292 on: September 16, 2021, 07:16:22 AM »
As far as I know no decision has been made yet either way.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #293 on: September 16, 2021, 07:30:53 AM »
The chicken little era is returning. Some of the dumbest and worst type of supporters belong to our club. Almost Port Adelaide level of feral behaviour

Sounds like you're thrilled for him leaving.

I think he owes the club and has done a Higgins just as he is on the cusp of more games etc.

Don't have to wish him well if we don't wanna. That's not a reflection on us any more than it is on him.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #294 on: September 16, 2021, 09:41:05 AM »
Dont blame either for wanting more games or wanting to play in their prefered position. Players in the past have insisted when moving that their past club get fair compensation.

Have never thought Chol or CC-J were pure forwards and i think Chol only a second ruck. CC-J if he becomes a good player it will be as a ruckman and not a forward.

We have Mate Colina and  Sampson Ryan as developing ruckman and Soldo will be back to Partner Nankervis. We are not imo going to miss either a hell of a lot. What it does do is a favour to us as we may now go out and target a few genuine pure tall forwards which imo has always been a need.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #295 on: September 16, 2021, 10:52:08 AM »
I’d like him to stay. Agree he owes us, even a year like Dan Rioli.
Reckon he’s a better option than Soldo as he can also play forward and kick goals but he’s got to be stronger - was rag dolled a little in the ruck.
Can’t believe he’d leave now …. put in all the hard yards and leaves now?
His manager should have a word in his ear …
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #296 on: September 16, 2021, 12:49:43 PM »
Yes he does owe us.

I think we should offer atleast a third.

If he does leave for mine he is taking the soft option and easy one.

He has shown a bit and he should back himself in to have a good preseason and keep Soldo out of the team.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #297 on: September 16, 2021, 01:29:19 PM »
Damian Barrett actually very kind to us today in his podcast.

He said:

* There's a history of fringe players in dynasty teams not being as good as they appear and struggling when they move to another club.

* He is in the minority but doesn't think losing both CCJ & Chol will hurt Richmond. Neither were part of our best 22.

* Harder to play well in poorer sides. Good luck to CCJ at North who have only won four games this year and to Chol at the terrible Suns.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/677266/listen-why-history-s-calling-gawn-roos-circling-this-tiger-hard

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #298 on: September 16, 2021, 01:37:09 PM »
Damian Barrett actually very kind to us today in his podcast.

He said:

* There's a history of fringe players in dynasty teams not being as good as they appear and struggling when they move to another club.

* He is in the minority but doesn't think losing both CCJ & Chol will hurt Richmond. Neither were part of our best 22.

* Harder to play well in poorer sides. Good luck to CCJ at North who have only won four games this year and to Chol at the terrible Suns.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/677266/listen-why-history-s-calling-gawn-roos-circling-this-tiger-hard

Remember Shane Morrison.  Kept out by Jonathon Brown.  Yeah right!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #299 on: September 16, 2021, 01:50:05 PM »
Bar-rat makes some decent points.