Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 96633 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones wants to be traded to Norf [merged]
« Reply #315 on: September 21, 2021, 10:41:43 PM »
We won't get 20 for CCJ unless we send something back at a minimum.

He looks good but has played 9 games and North really doesn't have to be kind to us at all.

True on the North front given they have PSD pick 1.  But we paid pick 20 after him playing zero games.  We invested in him for 4 years.  If we don't get at least pick 20 back we are being raped.

Don't discount their 2nd round plus a player.  Maybe Aaron Hall (decent player but at the end of his career).

Look I agree his worth is better than 38, but flat out we should be ready and lubed with this one.

Do you think they'll honestly give us 20 + Hall for CCJ? Haha. Come on mate.

Consider North's position. They need a player like CCJ. They also finished last and have picks 1, 20 and 38. They technically don't have to trade a damned thing for CCJ as he can walk to them via PSD. Are they going to offer pick 20? Heck no. They need to hit the draft or use it to bring in talent via trade for something or someone else.

A good scenario here is probably 38 unless we throw in something else but honestly if I was in charge of North I wouldn't even bother I'd just offer 69 or tell RFC to gagf. The members demand results and why would they throw away good picks when they don't have to?

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #316 on: September 21, 2021, 11:15:22 PM »
Let’s wait and see if a good un contracted player is available for North in the pre season draft before we surrender.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #317 on: September 22, 2021, 01:43:29 PM »
Even suggesting Aaron Hall in some sort of deal is scary. One good season in how many? Don't want him anywhere near our Club

Club needs to play hard ball as long as needed on this one. Let the ungrateful lad, his manager and N0rt sweat on to until the last 45 minutes of the trade period

And in the interim I'd be talking to every other Club that maybe interested in CCJ

Players have far too much control during trade period IMHO. It has got worse since free agency came in
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 02:54:52 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #318 on: September 22, 2021, 02:06:26 PM »
Even suggesting Aaron Hall in some sort of deal is scary. One good season in how many? Don't want him anywhere near our Club

Club needs to play hard all as long as needed on this one. Let the ungrateful lad, his manager and N0rt sweat on to until the last 45 minutes of the trade period

And in the interim I'd be talking to every other Club that maybe interested in CCJ

Players have far too much control during trade period IMHO. It has got worse since free agency came in

CJ would have to agree to join any other clubs. It’s not like the nba where players can be traded without their consent. So unless CJ agrees to it (which I doubt as your unlikely to find someone matching north’s offer) then no point in talking to others. I also don’t think they’re gonna be sweating anything. Worst case (for us not them) is there isn’t a trade and they get him for nothing in the PSD.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #319 on: September 22, 2021, 02:55:04 PM »
I’d absolutely talk to other clubs. CCJ can and should be encouraged to do the right by our club providing that alternate club can meet his needs.
Afterall, what are the Roos offering? A contract and playing time. Not much else for a broke, down on their luck hack of a club which is the reigning wooden spooner.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #320 on: September 22, 2021, 03:03:55 PM »

CJ would have to agree to join any other clubs. It’s not like the nba where players can be traded without their consent.

Exactly my point, it isn't like the NBA or MLB

AFL players wanted free agency but they wanted it on their terms only

If they truly want a free agency model then that model should allow clubs to trade players to whichever club they want. They only time that would not be permitted would be like in the NBA or MLB when a player qualifies to have a no trade clause in their contract

the other thing that should go are these stupid compo picks.... flick those and allow clubs to trade players where they want and you a have a fairer Free Agency system
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #321 on: September 22, 2021, 09:28:31 PM »

Club needs to play hard ball as long as needed on this one. Let the ungrateful lad, his manager and N0rt sweat on to until the last 45 minutes of the trade period

What's to sweat on? If we won't come to a deal he just walks and North pay nothing.

Agree with the sentiment though.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #322 on: September 22, 2021, 10:10:50 PM »
Im glad we have a good recruitment dept these days who know the true value of a player and don’t listen to the opinion of the media

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #323 on: September 23, 2021, 06:47:40 AM »
Rival clubs are also of the view Richmond will drive a hard bargain in any trade with North Melbourne for Callum Coleman-Jones.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/trade-wrap-fort-on-the-radar-as-lions-hunt-big-man-20210922-p58tym.html

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #324 on: September 23, 2021, 07:33:32 AM »
Rival clubs are also of the view Richmond will drive a hard bargain in any trade with North Melbourne for Callum Coleman-Jones.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/trade-wrap-fort-on-the-radar-as-lions-hunt-big-man-20210922-p58tym.html

Empty comments. Unless another club convinces CCJ it's worth his time to look elsewhere then we are stuffed.

Honestly though you would think there are other clubs keen. Dons, Dogs, Cats, GC, GWS. All of them should be asking the question.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #325 on: September 23, 2021, 12:25:00 PM »
He wants to go Norf because they're so shyte he'll be guaranteed a game every week... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #326 on: September 23, 2021, 02:43:08 PM »
Reckon we'll get pick 20 and 40, and give them 26 or 28 - some deal along those lines.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #327 on: September 23, 2021, 03:59:39 PM »
Reckon we'll get pick 20 and 40, and give them 26 or 28 - some deal along those lines.

He's worth pick 20 on its own every day of the week.  Ruckman are premium goods. Every other club gets or pays for them. Why can't we for a change.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #328 on: September 25, 2021, 10:06:18 PM »
 CCJ should take note of BBB, even an ordinary player can look good in a good side

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #329 on: September 26, 2021, 10:17:43 AM »
He should also be thinking of norf shoving BB out the door.  Not a great way to treat your players. Add that to them low balling and disrespecting Tarrant.
Not sure where his heads at but he's making the wrong call.