Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 99307 times)

Offline skiddymcghee

• Future Richmond star
  • "Be the Ball
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones wants to be traded to Norf [merged]
« Reply #330 on: September 26, 2021, 10:44:52 AM »
He's head is where his manager wants it to be. Either trying to drive Richmond's offer up, or leaving and going to North for more opportunities.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #331 on: September 26, 2021, 01:30:02 PM »
He should also be thinking of norf shoving BB out the door.  Not a great way to treat your players. Add that to them low balling and disrespecting Tarrant.
Not sure where his heads at but he's making the wrong call. 

How are the disrespecting Tarrant? He's 32. They obviously were never going to pay him much, and I believe he has left to chase success in his twilight like Lids.

As for BB - he wanted big $$$ but the club knew he knee was dodgy and his best years behind him. Couldn't agree on a contract so they parted ways and he's not really being paid more at Dees either.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #332 on: September 26, 2021, 03:44:57 PM »
Jon Ralph and Sam Landsberger in the HeraldSun's live trade chat yesterday suggested that we could get pick 20 in a deal for CCJ.

That's different from the usual chatter on social media which only see us getting pick 38 or 38+Tarrant or even lose CCJ for nothing in the PSD.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #333 on: September 26, 2021, 05:31:50 PM »
He should also be thinking of norf shoving BB out the door.  Not a great way to treat your players. Add that to them low balling and disrespecting Tarrant.

How are the disrespecting Tarrant? He's 32. They obviously were never going to pay him much, and I believe he has left to chase success in his twilight like Lids.

As for BB - he wanted big $$$ but the club knew he knee was dodgy and his best years behind him. Couldn't agree on a contract so they parted ways and he's not really being paid more at Dees either.

Offered one year at low odds, then only offered 2 when they realised another club was interested. 

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: September 26, 2021, 09:42:05 PM »

Offered one year at low odds, then only offered 2 when they realised another club was interested. 

That's just business as usual for most clubs

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #335 on: September 26, 2021, 11:19:57 PM »

That's just business as usual for most clubs

Not really when your rebuilding and you loose your loyal fullback and then recruit Lynch from crows makes no sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #336 on: September 27, 2021, 12:17:09 AM »
Not really when your rebuilding and you loose your loyal fullback and then recruit Lynch from crows makes no sense.

When was the last time we offered a 32yo a 2 year contract?

He left to have a go at a flag..not because he got his knickers in a knot over a 1 year deal when we were offering 2.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #337 on: September 27, 2021, 12:47:25 AM »
:lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #338 on: September 27, 2021, 08:20:48 AM »

He left to have a go at a flag..not because he got his knickers in a knot over a 1 year deal when we were offering 2.

If a player is playing good footy 2 year deal is nothing at that age especially the calibre of player like Tarrant. If you think it wasn't to do with the security of the deal and $$ and yes chasing a flag to think again.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: September 27, 2021, 08:33:47 AM »

If a player is playing good footy 2 year deal is nothing at that age especially the calibre of player like Tarrant. If you think it wasn't to do with the security of the deal and $$ and yes chasing a flag to think again.

You didn't answer my question. It's very normal for every single club in the AFL essentially to be offering year by year contracts at 32+. The second year is a rival's move to get you to change team.

North upped their offer by another year too.

So how much more are we paying him than they were prepared to? I wouldn't think much at all. Our cap is tight enough and due to get tighter with Dusty and Lynch coming into their pay days.

I would generally argue the opposite of you - which is to say that any player in the twilight would probably consider a move for a chance at success. Lids for example. Lake another good one.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #340 on: September 27, 2021, 12:07:09 PM »
The more i put myself in the opposition shoes the more id be taking him in the psd.
The bottom line for me is he has played just 9 games in 4 years just 1 in his first three. Apart from one 4 goal game which atm is a bit of an outlier  he has not done a whole heap. North are not imo taking him on performance but more on potential that may or may not come to fruition.
The main reason NM are going after him is because he is OOC and they dont have to pay thru the nose to get him.

In our situation if we really want pick 20 and we want some good compensation  it  will come down to us to offer something up to North for their pick 20 because as sure as all our arses point to the ground CC-J to NM  is likely a free agency pick

Reckon we will have to do something like this to get #20.

CC-J 26 44 for Tarrant 20, and 69. Remember the way its going we may not even use pick 44 in the draft.

Finally to finish if they offered pick 38 id take it in a heart beat because it could help us get pick 17 out of the dogs and could even help get Collingwoods 2022 first round pick if we go down that path.

No one in the league is giving up a top 20 pick for CC-J based on what he has done to date. I also think clubs run the risk of him being a bit of both that is reasonable ruck option and reasonable fwd option but not great at either.

Also why go mad at CC-J. The reality is we have played both Riewoldt and Lynch in front of him as a fwd and rightly so. to date he is miles behind both them and the question is can he get close to them?? 4 yrs in  i really have my doubts on that question. To date he is not playing in front of either.

He now has Nankervis and a returning Soldo in front of him as a ruckman and to date in this role he is so far far behind the two it aint funny.
Its in this role though that i think he has the best chance of becoming a good player.

This smells a bit like the Houli to us in the psd although Houli had done way more than CCJ.
Also the Shaun Grigg trade where we had the option of him in the psd but ended up trading Andrew Collins as a token gesture.
People are crazy if they think NM in this situation have an obligation to help us out they don't their only priority is to do the best possible thing for themselves.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #341 on: September 27, 2021, 12:09:47 PM »
Some folks just don't get it.  North don't control this trade.  CCJ and his manager are the ones who'll decide what compensation needs to be paid.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #342 on: September 27, 2021, 12:10:49 PM »
The more i put myself in the opposition shoes the more id be taking him in the psd.
The bottom line for me is he has played just 9 games in 4 years just 1 in his first three. Apart from one 4 goal game which atm is a bit of an outlier  he has not done a whole heap. North are not imo taking him on performance but more on potential that may or may not come to fruition.
The main reason NM are going after him is because he is OOC and they dont have to pay thru the nose to get him.

In our situation if we really want pick 20 and we want some good compensation  it  will come down to us to offer something up to North for their pick 20 because as sure as all our arses point to the ground CC-J to NM  is likely a free agency pick

CC-J 26 44 for Tarrant 20, and 69. Remember the way its going we may not even use pick 44 in the draft.

Finally to finish if they offered pick 38 id take it in a heart beat because it could help us get pick 17 out of the dogs and could even help get Collingwoods 2022 first round pick if we go down that path.

No one in the league is giving up a top 20 pick for CC-J based on what he has done to date. I also think clubs run the risk of him being a bit of both that is reasonable ruck option and reasonable fwd option but not great at either.

Also why go mad at CC-J. The reality is we have played both Riewoldt and Lynch in front of him as a fwd and rightly so. to date he is miles behind both them and the question is can he get close to them?? 4 yrs in  i really have my doubts on that question. To date he is not playing in front of either.

He now has Nankervis and a returning Soldo in front of him as a ruckman and to date in this role he is so far far behind the two it aint funny.
Its in this role though that i think he has the best chance of becoming a good player.

This smells a bit like the Houli to us in the psd although Houli had done way more than CCJ.
Also the Shaun Grigg trade where we had the option of him in the psd but ended up trading Andrew Collins as a token gesture.
People are crazy if they think NM in this situation have an obligation to help us out they don't their only priority is to do the best possible thing for themselves.

Leading candidate for dumbest post of the year?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #343 on: September 27, 2021, 12:44:17 PM »

Lol some just cannot handle the truth.

I can just see it now if the roles were reversed you would be screaming we take him in the psd.

The reality is we are not going to get a whole heap for ccj regardless of how low or  high people rate him.

Opposition clubs are not in the business of giving opposition clubs a leg up and neither are we.
We will take our medicine and down the track when its our turn to have a win we will grasp the opportunity with both hands its what happens.

They have pick 1, 20, 38, and 69 thats just 4 picks put yourself in their shoes your not trading out of the first three picks and fmd you are hanging onto the first two at all costs they DONT  have to do anything to get CC-J THATS THE REALITY  but hey you continue to bathe in ga ga land and pretend we have some sort of strong hand in all this. Talk about wishful thinking and not letting the facts get in the way of a good story.

What you need to realise is they have all the aces and have no obligation to help us in anyway.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #344 on: September 27, 2021, 12:47:19 PM »
[/quote]
Knighted it is an opinion, no need to be denigrating.