Author Topic: Liam Baker [merged]  (Read 109732 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Liam Baker [merged]
« Reply #615 on: June 30, 2024, 10:38:28 AM »
We have 2 drafts to load up before Tassie start to harvest the draft. Must make every post a winner until 2026.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #616 on: June 30, 2024, 05:49:33 PM »
Must trade him now while he has value/currency

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #617 on: June 30, 2024, 07:16:48 PM »
See ya later Sandgroper.... :wave
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #618 on: June 30, 2024, 07:40:53 PM »
See ya later Sandgroper.... :wave

This is becoming a bad habit, we agree qgain

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #619 on: July 03, 2024, 08:55:30 PM »
Have always said he is a tiger he goes hard he scraps and he fights. Have always asked what is it he brings to a very high level outside of that? anyone.
Still asking what is his best role?  The trouble imo is he is pretty decent in most things but he is not outstanding in any.

Of all the tigers id trade he is the one mainly because i think what ever role we play him in we have him covered apart from the intensity.

Still its hard to not like this little fella and its easy to want to hang onto this type just for CULTURE if it came to it.

Any one want to answer his value as a back in front of a fair few promising defenders.
Same for his role as a mid. We dont have many coming thru but how good has Liam been as a mid for us. As a forward well im going to be a tad harsh and say he has little hurt factor there.

If wce are prepared to cough up a first rounder or more i think i would take it.

Lose him though we lose one of the few who are in a good age group for where we are at who will lead from the front..

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #620 on: July 06, 2024, 04:08:22 PM »
Richmond Tigers star Nathan Broad hopes Liam Baker stays amid West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Dockers interest

Jackson Barrett
The West Australian
6 July 2024

Richmond teammate Nathan Broad says he hopes Liam Baker resists the lure of home and stays at the club, but understands trade and free-agency is just part of the business.

The West Australian understands West Coast is the frontrunner if Baker decides to return to Western Australia and the two-time premiership player met with the Eagles during the bye last month.

The Tigers have hit Perth for a clash with high-flying Fremantle on Saturday night and Broad said he was hopeful his fellow West Aussie would remain at the club beyond this year.

“Of course I’d love him to hang around, but that’s the business we are in unfortunately, there are always moves and it is getting more and more popular every year for players to move,” he said.

“At the moment he is contracted with Richmond and if he pulls a Richmond jersey on we expect him to play for us and hopefully we can keep him.

Broad said players’ futures were a taboo subject around the club and that his focus was on making

“It’s kind of (like) asking something what they’re on pay-wise, you kind of just don’t do it,” he said.

“You just hope that we can make him feel welcome, make him love the club, make him enjoy it at the end of the day Bakes or whoever it is will make the decision.

“Hopefully we can see him in the yellow and black next year.”

Richmond’s travelling party includes a large contingent of WA-born players, including Broad, Baker, Shai Bolton, Ben Miller, Kamdyn McIntosh and Jacob Blight.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/fremantle-dockers/richmond-tigers-star-nathan-broad-hopes-liam-baker-stays-amid-west-coast-eagles-and-fremantle-dockers-interest-c-15253216

Online Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #621 on: July 06, 2024, 11:03:35 PM »
Baker is playing like he’s already emptied out his locker at Punt Road.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #622 on: July 06, 2024, 11:05:27 PM »
Baker is gone.  The club knows and so do the players.  Hence why he is playing as a permanent forward and limited minutes.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #623 on: July 07, 2024, 10:42:34 AM »
Gez that was a weake effort yesterday either his gone because he went missing.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #624 on: July 07, 2024, 12:56:19 PM »
Richmond Tigers star Nathan Broad hopes Liam Baker stays amid West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Dockers interest

Jackson Barrett
The West Australian
6 July 2024

Richmond teammate Nathan Broad says he hopes Liam Baker resists the lure of home and stays at the club, but understands trade and free-agency is just part of the business.

The West Australian understands West Coast is the frontrunner if Baker decides to return to Western Australia and the two-time premiership player met with the Eagles during the bye last month.

The Tigers have hit Perth for a clash with high-flying Fremantle on Saturday night and Broad said he was hopeful his fellow West Aussie would remain at the club beyond this year.

“Of course I’d love him to hang around, but that’s the business we are in unfortunately, there are always moves and it is getting more and more popular every year for players to move,” he said.

“At the moment he is contracted with Richmond and if he pulls a Richmond jersey on we expect him to play for us and hopefully we can keep him.

Broad said players’ futures were a taboo subject around the club and that his focus was on making

“It’s kind of (like) asking something what they’re on pay-wise, you kind of just don’t do it,” he said.

“You just hope that we can make him feel welcome, make him love the club, make him enjoy it at the end of the day Bakes or whoever it is will make the decision.

“Hopefully we can see him in the yellow and black next year.”

Richmond’s travelling party includes a large contingent of WA-born players, including Broad, Baker, Shai Bolton, Ben Miller, Kamdyn McIntosh and Jacob Blight.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/fremantle-dockers/richmond-tigers-star-nathan-broad-hopes-liam-baker-stays-amid-west-coast-eagles-and-fremantle-dockers-interest-c-15253216

Stopped reading when the headline described Broad as a star. He is a massive batler at best

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #625 on: July 18, 2024, 08:02:28 AM »
STAR DOCKERS DUO REPORTEDLY MEET WITH OUT-OF-CONTRACT TIGER IN BID TO LURE HIM HOME TO WA

Lachlan Geleit
SEN
17 July 2024

Fremantle stars Caleb Serong and Andrew Brayshaw met with Richmond utility Liam Baker in recent weeks in a bid to convince him to join the club, reports AFL Media’s Cal Twomey.

Baker, 26, is weighing up a move back to his home state as he comes out of contract at the end of the season with both the Eagles and Dockers heavily linked to the utility.

Twomey says that Serong and Brayshaw met with Baker, among a wider group of Dockers players, while he was in town for Richmond’s clash against Fremantle at Optus Stadium on Saturday, June 6.

“We know they’re actively targeting players, they’ve been in the Liam Baker race,” Twomey said on AFL.com.au’s Gettable.

“We can say today that star Dockers pair Caleb Serong and Andrew Brayshaw were part of a contingent of a Dockers group that met with Liam Baker recently when he was in Fremantle.

“That was part of the pitch there when the Tigers were in Perth a couple of weeks ago.

“That’s clearly something he’s got to weigh up.”

With both Fremantle and West Coast trying to recruit Baker as well as Richmond tabling the two-time premiership player a new deal, Twomey was asked where he envisions the utility playing in 2025 and beyond.

Twomey expects Baker to leave the Tigers and as Fremantle possess three first-round picks in the 2024 draft, he thinks they are best placed to land him.

“I think all year it’s been pretty line ball and it’s been tight,” Twomey said.

“I think he goes, but we thought that two years ago and he ended up staying.

“Both clubs were well and truly in it two years ago and he ended up staying, but I think it’s a ‘go’ this time, it just depends on what club.

“And Freo, as we spoke about, have the picks (to satisfy Richmond).”

Fremantle’s three first-round picks in the 2024 draft currently sit at seven (via Collingwood), 10 (via Port Adelaide) and 14.

While Twomey expects Baker to depart, Richmond senior advisor Neil Balme says the Tigers are “pretty confident” that the 26-year-old will re-sign.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/07/17/star-dockers-duo-reportedly-meet-with-out-of-contract-tiger-in-bid-to-lure/

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #626 on: July 18, 2024, 01:46:27 PM »
Freo has the picks.

I'd like to trade with them and honestly why tf wouldn't you go there instead of WCE right now.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #627 on: July 18, 2024, 02:58:37 PM »
Freo has the picks.

I'd like to trade with them and honestly why tf wouldn't you go there instead of WCE right now.

West coasts first for baker ? Doubt west coast would do it but I’d take that and run

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #628 on: July 18, 2024, 06:19:01 PM »
Freo has the picks.

West coasts first for baker ? Doubt west coast would do it but I’d take that and run

They'd be mad to.

Would have to try and split that pick.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #629 on: July 18, 2024, 09:12:08 PM »
Split it with GC for 8&9.  Pick 9 for Baker.  GC get a pick in before Lombard.