Author Topic: Liam Baker [merged]  (Read 121756 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Liam Baker [merged]
« Reply #810 on: October 13, 2024, 05:41:12 PM »
Id take a Hawthorn future first for Baker. Hawks will fall back to the pack next year. Will get ahead of themselves. Found out plus a harder draw.

They'll be bottom 6 for sure. And should be as their rebuild isn't near close to being complete.

I’d take that too. I agree hawks will fall off. Don’t think it’ll be bottom 6 levels of fall off but missing finals would still be a top10 pick before all the bs FS, Academy and FA slides.

Note that the 2025 draft crop isn't likely to be as strong as this year's. So future picks aren't worth as much to us.

https://x.com/superfooty/status/1844988880992469050

I do feel like they say this every year
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #811 on: October 13, 2024, 11:43:32 PM »
LIAM BAKER

Baker's move from Richmond to West Coast had previously been tied to the Tom Barrass deal, with the No.14 pick the Eagles were expected to land for Barrass likely to be on-traded to Richmond for Baker. But that changed dramatically when the Hawks traded out that pick on Friday. Now, West Coast has spent the weekend working with Baker's management on a revised deal to get him into the blue and gold. A trade for Baker is being done independently of the Barrass deal and could see West Coast get creative in splitting its No.3 pick or sliding back down the order. Fremantle has picks 10, 11 and 18 on the table for Baker and Tigers premiership teammate Shai Bolton if a trade for Baker to West Coast falls through. But the priority at this stage has remained on getting him to the Eagles.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1242795/the-state-of-play-on-24-deals-ahead-of-2024-trade-deadline-day

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #812 on: October 14, 2024, 12:04:48 AM »
I think it's pretty simple if the Freo deal is legit.

Id be telling Bakes. You get your dream move for WA, either WCE have until Tuesday to be beat Freos offer of adding Pick 11 for Baker to the Bolton deal. Otherwise we accept the Freo offer.

You are welcome to go into PSD but we will redraft you happily.

If WCE can't beat the deal, Baker can decide does he want to be redrafted at PSD to Richmond or go to Freo.
Go Tigers!

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #813 on: October 14, 2024, 07:54:13 AM »
People bragging about Clark strategy you commit to player and then you leave him hanging to dry. Be careful what you wish for Baker.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #814 on: October 14, 2024, 10:24:25 AM »

Id be telling Bakes. You get your dream move for WA, either WCE have until Tuesday to be beat Freos offer of adding Pick 11 for Baker to the Bolton deal. Otherwise we accept the Freo offer.

If WCE can't beat the deal, Baker can decide does he want to be redrafted at PSD to Richmond or go to Freo.

If WCE are open to splitting Carlton’s pick 13 and 15 for their pick 3 then surely we can prise that pick away for Baker and 18? That being the case, I would take Freo’s original offer for Bolton. In an ideal world, we’d get Rioli done first for pick 6 and 13 with something coming back the other way - perhaps our pick 24? But if CC wants to be a dick then screw you GC
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #815 on: October 14, 2024, 01:10:55 PM »

If WCE are open to splitting Carlton’s pick 13 and 15 for their pick 3 then surely we can prise that pick away for Baker and 18? That being the case, I would take Freo’s original offer for Bolton. In an ideal world, we’d get Rioli done first for pick 6 and 13 with something coming back the other way - perhaps our pick 24? But if CC wants to be a dick then screw you GC

10, 11 and 18 for Bolton
6 and 13 for Rioli and 24

1, 6, 10, 11, 13, 18, 20.

That'll do. See you in November.
Go Tigers!

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #816 on: October 14, 2024, 01:49:39 PM »
Hahaha keep on dreaming mate.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #817 on: October 14, 2024, 02:14:54 PM »
Hahaha keep on dreaming mate.

Lol appreciate it's all foresight. Unsure how it's dreaming.

Freo have offered 10, 11, 18 for Baker. If Baker agrees reports are that the deal will go through unless we say no, which would be madness.

Rioli for 6 is on table, we want more a swap of 13 to 24 may be enough.
Go Tigers!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #818 on: October 14, 2024, 04:42:22 PM »
So they get a future first and a future second for Barrass.

We get pick 26 and that  future second. probably amount to 26 and 22 - 26 for Baker.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #819 on: October 14, 2024, 05:48:25 PM »
Carlton still coming hard for West Coast's pick 3 using picks 12 and 14 - with 14 being proposed to be sent on to Tigers for Liam Baker. Shaping as a key option for deals to get done if Eagles decide to split. Eagles have held interest in Matt Owies as well. @AFLcomau @TradeRadio

https://x.com/CalTwomey/status/1845695690456125908

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #820 on: October 14, 2024, 05:59:01 PM »
Could Freo convince Liam Baker to come their way? Freo GM of Footy Joe Brierty weighs in.

VIDEO: https://x.com/traderadio/status/1845687728240799775

"We have been in ongoing discussions with Liam Baker over the journey. He has a desire to get to West Coast but he suits our list and profile and if the opportunity arises we feel we have the capital to make a move happen." - Joe Brierty, Fremantle Executive GM of Football

"Now we sit here and we see the opportunity that could arise so we continue to have talks with his management. We will wait and see how it plays out. We have put something to Richmond." - Joe Brierty

https://x.com/traderadio/status/1845609565733503248

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #821 on: October 14, 2024, 06:04:40 PM »
Carlton still coming hard for West Coast's pick 3 using picks 12 and 14 - with 14 being proposed to be sent on to Tigers for Liam Baker. Shaping as a key option for deals to get done if Eagles decide to split. Eagles have held interest in Matt Owies as well. @AFLcomau @TradeRadio

https://x.com/CalTwomey/status/1845695690456125908

gee they really want FOS or Lalor. No chance they are taking JAS with Walsh currently in their failing system

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #822 on: October 14, 2024, 06:05:59 PM »
@CalTwomey believes things are starting to progress forward for Liam Baker to get to the Eagles.

VIDEO: https://x.com/traderadio/status/1845653252462739919

-----

"He went public (with the request to West Coast) within hours of McQualter being announced as coach, there is no coincidence with that happening in my eyes."

- Damian Barrett on Liam Baker wanting to go to the Eagles

https://x.com/traderadio/status/1845690769337643033

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #823 on: October 14, 2024, 11:14:12 PM »
You'd think the Eagles would trade pick 3 for Baker & our 10 rather than trade Pick 3 to Blues for 12 & 14 which doesn't make sense unless Owies is part of it??

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #824 on: October 14, 2024, 11:34:46 PM »
Despite being a Scumbagger C4[2]Yo`DooR on BF is probably the only poster I'd take seriously for inside info because he's usually on the money and he says pick 3 to Carlton is a done deal with possibly a third party involved.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.