Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 408682 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Tom Lynch is a Tiger [official]
« Reply #1410 on: June 07, 2019, 01:07:25 PM »
No excuse to being lazy and purely giving up when outnumbered.

If your outnumbered then no one is  stopping you from crashing that pack and making sure they know your there and if you can hurt a few along the way then all good.

Look at the difference between tex and jack in the ‘17 gf. One was prepared to take the defenders on smashing the packs or leaping right over them. The other was sooking it up and wasn’t prepared to make his presence known.

I hope I don’t see last weeks Lynch again. Terrible lazy performance.  A lack of preseason shouldn’t hinder intent.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1411 on: June 07, 2019, 01:38:07 PM »
 :lol

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1412 on: June 07, 2019, 09:21:32 PM »
:lol
You laugh when he dropped a sitter with no one within five metres of him?

He looked like an very uncoordinated.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1413 on: June 07, 2019, 09:22:27 PM »
You're going to look like an absolute clown soon enough, mr worshipper.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1414 on: June 07, 2019, 09:34:39 PM »

I’m stating facts about the uselessness of Lynch currently. I wouldn’t be happier if he actually started doing what he was recruited to do. At the minute he’s making Sideshow Bob look like he was a better forward.

Why are you getting personal and calling me names? Like it’s bad to worship? Are you serious?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1415 on: June 07, 2019, 09:49:42 PM »

I’m stating facts about the uselessness of Lynch currently. I wouldn’t be happier if he actually started doing what he was recruited to do. At the minute he’s making Sideshow Bob look like he was a better forward.

Why are you getting personal and calling me names? Like it’s bad to worship? Are you serious?

You're right, it was a highly insensitive comment by me that could cause distress. Replied to your PM and have apologised. Misunderstood banter.

Lynch needs to do better, yes. But all is not what it seems.....will leave it at that... :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1416 on: June 07, 2019, 10:17:09 PM »
Much better effort in the second half.

I will be his biggest critic only because I’m expecting big things. As long as he tries hard and competes at the required standard I won’t have an issue.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1417 on: June 07, 2019, 10:42:15 PM »

I will be his biggest critic only because I’m expecting big things. As long as he tries hard and competes at the required standard I won’t have an issue.
For a bloke who didn’t have a preseason, who barely trains, in a side where he is the only key forward option, who is coming 5th in the Coleman, you are expecting too much. He is on one leg FFS.
The easiest thing he could do is sit back and wait till his body is right but he doesn’t.
He fronts up each week and does what he can.
Easy target if you don’t know any of the above.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1418 on: June 08, 2019, 03:42:10 AM »
Many Tigers were down in what was billed as a clash of two heavyweights. Among those was high-profile recruit Tom Lynch, who bagged 1.2 and sent three out of bounds.

Hardwick fiercely defended Tom Lynch, saying he was often playing against multiple defenders as he came off a PCL reconstruction.

“I thought he looked lively early but the fact of the matter is we have a one man key forward line without Jack (Riewoldt)."

"I know people keep looking for him to be this messiah but the reality is that's not what we got him for," Hardwick said.

"We got him to create contests. We haven't had a settled forward line all year."

His pre-season was severely limited by recovery from a knee issue that required two surgeries from midway through 2018.

"Ideally, did we think Tom would play 11 or 12 games straight up? Probably not, but with the hand we've been dealt at the moment, he's probably been asked to do it and he hasn't complained one bit," Hardwick said.

"We've got to remember he's done it on a very, very limited base. He's only training once a week at the moment. After the break, he'll train twice a week, which once again will improve his ability to get around the ground."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-08/tigers-to-lick-their-wounds-ahead-of-sixday-break
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/gary-ablett-stars-as-geelong-shows-theres-daylight-between-them-and-rest-of-competition/news-story/eb02993603959438f88b1e891a91c388

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1419 on: June 08, 2019, 08:52:08 AM »

Well I am sure that means a lot to him and he will do his best to improve for you

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1420 on: June 08, 2019, 02:54:32 PM »
Lynch was rubbish as much as caddy and Rioli were and about 14 others.

Let's face it they are all playing putrid footy atm

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1421 on: June 09, 2019, 04:04:51 AM »
Boom or bust? Malthouse rates the recruits of 2019

I feel for Richmond’s Tom Lynch.

I have written previously about the former Gold Coast forward and I will reinforce the message that he needs space in front of him for leading patterns. Space that Richmond doesn’t give him.

His teammates further afield continue to kick it on top of his head, which is making him too easy to spoil. When Dustin Martin plays out of the goalsquare, Lynch finds himself too often out of position and he seems to have lost confidence.

For the Tigers to advance through the finals, at the very least, Lynch and Martin must play side-by-side deep in the forward line to give each more leading space.

But Richmond is not particularly great at delivering the ball cleanly to its forwards. Jack Riewoldt has had to take some spectacular marks to make his teammates’ kicking look good.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/coaching-legend-mick-malthouse-rates-the-boom-and-bust-recruits-of-2019/news-story/5d5ef53da9b62f8dfcd10dd561635248

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1422 on: June 09, 2019, 06:44:31 AM »
Spot on Mick is. :clapping

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1423 on: June 09, 2019, 07:18:08 AM »
Boom or bust? Malthouse rates the recruits of 2019

I feel for Richmond’s Tom Lynch.

I have written previously about the former Gold Coast forward and I will reinforce the message that he needs space in front of him for leading patterns. Space that Richmond doesn’t give him.

His teammates further afield continue to kick it on top of his head, which is making him too easy to spoil. When Dustin Martin plays out of the goalsquare, Lynch finds himself too often out of position and he seems to have lost confidence.

For the Tigers to advance through the finals, at the very least, Lynch and Martin must play side-by-side deep in the forward line to give each more leading space.

But Richmond is not particularly great at delivering the ball cleanly to its forwards. Jack Riewoldt has had to take some spectacular marks to make his teammates’ kicking look good.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/coaching-legend-mick-malthouse-rates-the-boom-and-bust-recruits-of-2019/news-story/5d5ef53da9b62f8dfcd10dd561635248

Tigeritis, this is exactly the problem. The kicking inside 50 is a disgrace as is the lack of space afforded to him. Watch the Port game back for context.
You don’t like blasphemy and I don’t like ignorant dribble about individual players.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 08:18:11 AM by Hard Roar Tiger »
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1424 on: June 09, 2019, 08:21:48 AM »
I agree with Malthouse and I 100% agree that our forward entries are woeful. My biggest hate about footy in general is forward 50 entries and how stupid players are in the AFL.

What I am saying is I want to see effort. He needs to consistently smash the packs bring the ball to ground and do everything in his power to try and keep the ball in our forward half.
I don’t like it when he just gives up and won’t even make an attempt. That north game summed it up.

One end Brown was getting opportunities because he was willing to throw his body around. The defenders get nervous the forward get the free kicks too.

Lynch on the other hand found himself 3 deep instead of just launching himself with his massive body and smashing the defenders maybe hurting one on the way through he just gave up and conceded.

On Friday he was ok but some basic errors in skill execution let him down badly and that is a real concern but as long as he’s making that effort in leading and running patterns smashing packs I won’t be as critical of him.

I hope he turns it around and I think he can be the best forwards in the league.