Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 409049 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #1515 on: August 19, 2019, 07:57:51 PM »
Love how he plays with mongrel

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1516 on: August 21, 2019, 04:36:46 PM »
Lynch on SEN Breakfast this morning with Lyon and Watson:

AUDIO: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=415560

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1517 on: August 21, 2019, 04:38:48 PM »
Love how he plays with mongrel

He's only played with Townsend once... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1518 on: August 27, 2019, 06:26:02 PM »
Call me crazy but I've got a feeling T Lynch is going to rip this finals series apart!! 

If the umps give him a decent run he should go nuts...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1519 on: September 02, 2019, 06:47:52 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1520 on: September 05, 2019, 06:34:12 PM »
Nine years on, Lynch ready for first final

Jon Pierik
The Age
5 Sep 2019

Tom Lynch says he is ready to embrace the pressure of a finals series in a year when he has exceeded his own expectations and been one of only two Tigers to play in every game.

"[I'm] really looking forward to it, obviously, excited to run out for my first final and can't wait," Lynch said.

"At the start of the year, I just wanted to get back, that was the first focus and it's exciting sitting here waiting to go out to my first final."

Lynch says his plan is to keep things "simple", at a time the Tigers hope to replicate the form they showed in a 27-point win over the Lions at the MCG in round 23.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/nine-years-on-lynch-ready-for-first-final-20190905-p52o8s.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Pressure off Tom Lynch (Australian)
« Reply #1521 on: September 07, 2019, 04:15:37 PM »
Pressure off Lynch

Courtney Walsh
The Australian
7 Sep 2019

The depth of talent in Richmond’s forward line will allow recruit Tom Lynch to play with freedom in his first finals campaign, according to St Kilda great Nick Riewoldt.

Lured from the Gold Coast on a lucrative contract worth more than $1 million per season, Lynch will return to Queensland to tackle the Lions in a qualifying final on Saturday night.

The 26-year-old has performed admirably in his first season given his preparation for this year was compromised by a knee problem.

But with triple-Coleman Medallist Jack Riewoldt, cousin of Nick, having regained his form and fitness after his own knee woes, Lynch does not have the pressure of having to carry the Tigers attack on his own. “The fact he is now able to plug himself into a team that has been there and a team that has done it, it is an advantage for him,” Nick Riewoldt told The Weekend Australian.

“He is not carrying the weight of a football club, because they have been there and done it.

“It is not a free swing, because you don’t get these opportunities back, but I think he can just go about playing his footy.

“He will be a storyline because of the fact that it is his first year, but in terms of a guy playing their first finals series, he is as well positioned as anyone to be able to just focus on his role.”

The former Gold Coast captain finished the regular season with 54 goals, the second-highest tally in his nine-year career after the 66 he booted in 2016.

After the mid-season bye, he averaged almost three goals per match as his fitness continued to improve.

Lynch said he was excited by the opportunity that lay ahead of him this month.

“(I’m) really looking forward to it, obviously, (and) excited to run out for my first final and can’t wait,” Lynch said.

“At the start of the year I just wanted to get back. That was the first focus and it’s exciting sitting here waiting to go out to my first final.”

Lynch deferred to his premiership-winning teammate Jack Riewoldt when asked how he would approach the qualifying final.

“(Riewoldt) just said to keep it the same, (that) it’s a final and things like that, but just keep it the same and simple. We played against (the Lions) a week ago, which holds us in good stead,” he said.

Carlton’s three-time premiership forward and Fox Footy analyst Mark Maclure doubts Lynch will be completely carefree given the stage and the importance of the qualifying final.

“He will be excited. I think he will be nervous. I don’t think there are too many times where you aren’t nervous going into a game,” he said.

“And he would be more so in terms of fear of failure, those sort of things, but he has the talent to do anything.

“It is just about repeating the actions all the time, setting yourself up all the time instead of trying to do something flash and fancy and things will come your way.”

Jack Riewoldt is confident his forward line co-partner will excel in the biggest month of his career.

“I’m really excited for him to experience finals for the first time. I remember what it was like in my first time six or seven years ago, what it’s like to play in the big games, and I think he experienced this a little bit with some big games at the MCG,” he said.

“He’s played over 150 games (and he is) a superstar of the competition and (former) captain of a club. I think he’s got a fair idea of what it’s going to be like.”

In the round 23 clash against Brisbane at the MCG, it was Riewoldt who proved the difference when kicking four goals in the opening term.

The Tigers vice-captain feels his partnership with Lynch has worked well, though they have only played 10 games together due to the knee problems he battled through the year.

“Honestly, it’s been seamless. Granted, we would have loved to have played some more football together, and that’s just part of the AFL, injuries and whatnot, but I feel like we’ve worked well,” Riewoldt said.

AFL 360 analyst David King says trying to contain the pair will be an issue, particularly if the Tigers seize control through the midfield.

“If you are trying to stand next to Jack Riewoldt and stand next to Tom Lynch and hold your position defensively, and they come at you out in front at speed, that is why they look so threatening all the time they get the ball,” he said.

“That is where they put the fear of god into you.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/pressure-off-tom-lynch-as-talented-tigers-share-load/news-story/edddd8d4bcc4570c67e3ca363c9e28e4

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1522 on: September 07, 2019, 08:34:31 PM »
Playing his big man role well tonight, even if he doesn't kick a bag

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1523 on: September 07, 2019, 10:28:57 PM »
Showed why we got him tonight. So athletic for a big key forward. Great game.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1524 on: September 07, 2019, 10:35:18 PM »
Was turning on a dime, more or less. Showed he has some real pace too, playing with confidence and running off his opponents etc. Makes Jack more dangerous too, not having the best KPD on him.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1525 on: September 08, 2019, 07:08:49 AM »
We're a all the moaners early on whingeing about him lol .

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1526 on: September 08, 2019, 11:53:28 AM »
We're a all the moaners early on whingeing about him lol .
I whinged a little early on, especially his game vs Nth Melbourne.
I’m still here and loving his work rate and output.  :shh
The club that keeps giving.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1527 on: September 08, 2019, 06:41:59 PM »
His contested mark deep in the 50 and goal is why we got him. GO LYNCH!!!!

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1528 on: September 08, 2019, 10:01:21 PM »
 :snidegrin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1529 on: September 09, 2019, 06:25:45 PM »
Lynch, with 56 goals, has now become the highest goalscorer from a rival league club in his first season for Richmond.

Ricky McLean previously held that goalkicking record at Tigerland, with the 55 goals he booted as the team’s full-forward in 1972 after transferring from Carlton.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-09-08/tiger-tom-steps-up-in-september