Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 397839 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #1530 on: September 15, 2019, 06:16:39 PM »
Tom forget about the frisbee for the next fortnight if you can't catch it and it nearly hits you in the face lol #noinjuriestouchwood.

Pic source: AFL Photos

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1531 on: September 15, 2019, 09:29:31 PM »
frisbee got off with a fine  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1532 on: September 20, 2019, 10:41:58 PM »
5 goals in a Prelim. What a star! :clapping

Worth every penny to get him :yep.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1533 on: September 20, 2019, 11:09:53 PM »
What monster this guy is in the F50 haha. Fmd

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1534 on: September 20, 2019, 11:12:24 PM »
Yes, I say we keep him in for the Granny
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1535 on: September 21, 2019, 01:07:21 AM »
What a performance What a man  :bow

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1536 on: September 21, 2019, 01:39:24 AM »
I'll reserve my judgenent until we hear from Jackstar's niece... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1537 on: September 21, 2019, 02:43:30 AM »
What a performance.  :clapping

A grand final dream come true.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Why Richmond and Lynch are a match made in heaven (afl site)
« Reply #1538 on: September 21, 2019, 05:48:51 AM »
Why Richmond and Lynch are a match made in heaven

AFL.com.au
Callum Twomey
Sep 20, 2019 11:35PM

THIS is why Richmond wanted Tom Lynch, and it is equally why Lynch wanted the Tigers.

Lynch, having been starved of success in his first eight seasons at Gold Coast, was desperate to arrive at a club ready for premiership success when he became a free agent last year.

He wanted big crowds, he wanted to feature deep in September and wanted to experience the intensity of playing for one of the competition's biggest clubs at the MCG.

Richmond wanted a successor for Jack Riewoldt, a key forward who could take over the reins as the club's spearhead in coming years, one who could reshape their forward half for now and make an impact straight away. With Lynch four years Riewoldt's junior, this was a goalkicking succession plan.

On Friday night, in the Tigers' tense preliminary final against Geelong, Lynch stood up to the demands thrust upon him, in more ways than one. Put simply, the Tigers can thank their boom recruit for their progression to next week's Grand Final as they saluted by 19 points.

In the second final of his career, Lynch was the key figure early. He proved too smart and agile for opponent Harry Taylor on the lead, and got away twice.

By quarter-time, Lynch had two goals next to his name and was the dominant tall on the ground, but Geelong was on top.

The Cats had further stretched their lead in the second term, as Geelong powered to a 21-point break at half-time.

It was Lynch who got the Tigers rolling after the main break, though, capitalising on a brilliant Trent Cotchin tackle to kick a goal in the opening minute of the third term.

There were no lingering demons in Lynch's mind from last year's shock preliminary final loss to Collingwood – he had just finished his final season at the Suns by then. Richmond needed an impetus and Lynch provided it. 

But his key moment was to come. The Tigers' rapid running game started to sweep up Geelong, but they needed to take advantage of their momentum. Lynch seized his chance.

With the ball kicked deep into the Tigers' forward line, Lynch battled three Geelong opponents at the top of the goalsquare to mark.

The grab sent the dominant Richmond crowd into raptures, but it was also their fourth straight goal to open the third term and it put the Tigers ahead late in the third quarter. They wouldn't relinquish the lead thereafter.

Lynch's power of running didn't stop there.

The 26-year-old continued to outwork his Cats opponents, finding space in the forward half. It led to his fifth goal midway through the final quarter, sealing his status as the best on ground, and all but sending his team through to the premiership decider.

Lynch finished with 19 disposals and 10 marks (four contested), plus he had three score assists.

The performance had extra meaning given the little influence Riewoldt had on proceedings.

Riewoldt had an odd night, finding only six disposals for the night (he had nearly as many knock-ons, one of which resulted in a goal to Dustin Martin). He kicked three behinds, celebrated one as a goal before being notified it hit the post, and struggled to get going. It was fortunate for the Tigers that Lynch was in full flight.

It's a performance that has been in the making for Lynch, whose rise has – not coincidentally – mirrored that of the Tigers in the second half of the season.

Lynch managed just one goal between rounds 5-7, including his only two goalless games of the season. But in the Tigers' past 11 games – all wins – Lynch has kicked 33 goals, taking his season tally to 61. That's only five goals off his career-best tally of 66, which came for the Suns in 2016.

Clubs pay plenty for key forwards, and Richmond will be doing that for the duration of Lynch's seven-year deal, with the contract tipped to be nearing the $1 million mark a season.

But key forwards win games, and often big games in the finals are shaped by the talls. Just last year, Richmond was on the receiving end of it, as an American Pie ran riot.

But Lynch made sure his side would not taste such disappointment again. His partnership with Richmond is a match made in yellow and black heaven.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-20/why-richmond-and-lynch-are-a-match-made-in-heaven

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lynch saves Tigers in biggest game of career (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1539 on: September 21, 2019, 05:50:34 AM »
Lynch saves Tigers in biggest game of career

Sam Edmund
Herald Sun
21 September 2019

This is what he came for.

When Tom Lynch chose Richmond, this was the night he dreamt of.

Friday night, preliminary final, 94,000-plus going off their heads at the MCG and a bag of five goals.

It was everything he wasn’t going to get at Gold Coast and here, he was everything the Tigers hoped he would be.

On a night where Jack Riewoldt — for so long the lone tall target — was quiet, Lynch was the saviour.

And the seven-year recruit was worth every cent.

Last year the Tigers were brought undone in a preliminary final by shock matchwinner Mason Cox, who marched to the beat of “USA, USA” chants.

This time there was just a deafening roar for each of Lynch’s heroics — and there were plenty.

His haul of 5.1 was accompanied by 19 disposals, 10 marks — four contested — and 12 score involvements.

“Words can’t describe it right now,” Lynch told Fox Footy.

“We’ve got a massive week, It’s every kid’s dream to get there on Grand Final day. I’m just so stoked for the team for us to get through.

“... There’s nothing better than playing at the MCG in front of that massive crowd in a final.”

Lynch was the one who kept the Tigers in this game when the rampaging Cats led by 21 points at halftime.

And Lynch was the one who went on a rampage when Richmond made its move with the first five goals of the third quarter.

All this after a nasty PCL injury meant his pre-season was non-existent.

Now, Lynch could face the team he snubbed — Collingwood — in next week’s Grand Final.

Tigers coach Damien Hardwick has had an “unbelievable” season.

“If we didn’t have Tom we wouldn’t be sitting here today,” Hardwick said.

“He is unbelievable. If we go back to the start of the year and the significant adversity we probably had.

“He helped us get through that really difficult period, we didn’t have Jack (Riewoldt) and a lot of our leaders.

“We stood 7-6 at the bye and to see the impact he has had, his contested marking was incredible tonight.

“He is worth his weight in gold and he is only going to get better which is a great thing for us.

“He had no pre-season this year and if you had of said to me he’s going to play every single game I would have been shocked.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-finals-tom-lynch-leads-richmond-to-victory-with-five-goals-against-geelong-in-preliminary-final/news-story/9f9cee9db0563f25e4c8cc4981fa5bb1

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1540 on: September 21, 2019, 06:12:46 AM »
Tom Lynch – 9

Edged out Houli for best on ground honours with a powerful performance, booting five goals and taking 10 marks. The key forward showed why the Tigers were so keen to secure his services from the Gold Coast.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-20/every-tiger-rated-from-the-preliminary-final

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1541 on: September 21, 2019, 07:48:37 AM »
Say it again were a the doubters early on in the year lol  :rollin 200cm monster forward.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tom Lynch is a Tiger [official]
« Reply #1542 on: September 21, 2019, 09:32:24 AM »
Embarrassing last night Tom
Ball hits his hands and bounces off
No leadership
Doesn’t ruck
Useless below the knees
And got towelled up by Jackson Trengove who is on a pie and a packet of chips for his yearly wage , spare me please
What does Tom actually do ?

I know I shouldn't do this as I'm technically baiting but seeing Jack deleted his account what the heck

Actually saw Jack last night, he was like all of us rapt with the result. He said to me "Go tigers". I said "yeah and what about that dud Tom Lynch   :lol" ( yes I laughed as I said it)... for reason I d0nt get he didn't get the joke  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1543 on: September 21, 2019, 09:41:57 AM »
Why did Jack delete his account again

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1544 on: September 21, 2019, 10:47:09 AM »
Why did Jack delete his account again