Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 408513 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tom Lynch has a fractured right foot [update]
« Reply #2130 on: April 13, 2023, 06:18:02 PM »
Dimma said Lynch will be out for three months. Not definite but around that mark. He's got the plate and that will be ok. It's all the soft-tissue issues around that we'll have to manage.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tom Lynch [merged]
« Reply #2131 on: May 04, 2023, 12:01:50 AM »
The important of Lynch to our side and how much we miss him when he's out injured.

Quote from: Simon Wallace
Since start of 2022:
With Lynch: 13-1-9
Without: 1-1-5
Quote from: mightytiges
Lynch was injured early on in two of those losses. So they don't really count in the 'with Lynch' column. Taking games Lynch fully completed vs those not/DNP since start of 2022 would go roughly:

With Lynch playing the full game: 13-1-7
Without: 1-1-7
https://twitter.com/mightytiges/status/1653276368183111681

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2132 on: May 12, 2023, 10:20:07 PM »
Lynch said he thinks he will be back in 5-6 weeks. Got a scan on Monday and if that goes well, he'll begin getting back to running.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2133 on: May 12, 2023, 10:21:00 PM »
Couldn’t come soon enough

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2134 on: May 23, 2023, 12:28:22 AM »
If this game and past month has taught me anything it’s that Lynch is our most important player by some margin.

Even when he’s having an avg game he’s still taking away the opposition teams best defender and often drawing multiple defenders away for our other fwds to benefit.

Agreed mate. Without him there Jack is a sitting duck

i can find many more comments like this by Andy. Most people knew this last year but no one at the club wanted to admit we were cooked if this scenario occurred.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2135 on: June 02, 2023, 02:19:09 PM »
Lynch's interview on the AFL website with Dylan Buckley.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/941050/friday-knock-offs-tom-lynch-on-his-dimma-shock-vote-for-mini-injury-return

Wearing the moonboot.

Spoke about still being a while yet until he is back. Mentioned a couple of weeks after the bye.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2136 on: June 04, 2023, 11:00:16 AM »
How gun Tiger is making most of being sidelined as return nears

Still sidelined with a broken foot, Tigers forward Tom Lynch has sharpened his focus to keep improving

afl.com.au
4 June 2023

RICHMOND key forward Tom Lynch has been focused on slimming down as he waits for his broken foot to heal ahead of a return to action later in the year.

The two-time premiership Tiger hasn't played since breaking his foot in round four but is expected to come back into the senior side at some stage in the second half of the season.

Still in a moon boot, Lynch's rehab has been limited as he waits for the bone to heal, but he's still been looking to lower his skin folds while on the sidelines.

Despite the frustration of being immobilised, Lynch says his ongoing work with mindfulness coach Emma Murray has helped guide him through his rehabilitation.

"We've done a lot of work, and we continue to do a lot of work ... about focusing on things we can control," Lynch told AFL.com.au's Friday Knock Offs.

"I've got a broken foot, but there's no point wallowing. What can I do better? I can get my skinfolds down, I can get a little bit lighter, take a bit of weight off, and then you can focus on those things. Rather than sitting there worrying about the negative of 'my foot's broken, my foot's broken' and it gets you nowhere.

"It's about continuing that work, and these are the times it really kicks in, when you're a little bit challenged."

The 2022 All-Australian didn't give a firm timeline on when he hopes to return to senior football, where he'll play his first game under caretaker senior coach Andrew McQualter, who took over after Damien Hardwick's shock decision to stand down last week.

"It still won't be (until) after the bye (in round 15). I think a couple after then, so still a while left," Lynch said. "But I'm looking forward to getting back.

"I've had other injuries in the past where you're always working on it. Like a hamstring, you're straight in (to rehab). But with a broken foot, you've just got to let it heal, obviously.

"So I'm doing all the fun stuff; swimming, Grinder (resistance machine), all the stuff that AFL players love doing. That's pretty much been me the last six weeks."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/941093/how-gun-tiger-is-making-most-of-being-sidelined-as-return-nears

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Lynch to pull the pin? (Age)
« Reply #2137 on: June 07, 2023, 07:07:13 PM »
Lynch to pull the pin?

It’s nearly two months to the day since Richmond superstar Tom Lynch broke his foot against the Western Bulldogs.

It was originally thought to be a three-month injury, but timelines can always change and The Scoop hears that some of the language emanating out of Punt Road may have changed as well.

With Riewoldt flying (another bag of five on the weekend) and the Tigers getting games into youngster Samson Ryan, could the Tigers decide to put Lynch on ice until next year?

He is, after all, their most valuable player when you consider his position and age.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/magpies-show-giant-interest-and-what-will-richmond-do-with-a-prized-asset-20230607-p5depm.html

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2138 on: June 07, 2023, 08:04:27 PM »
Not sure Riewoldt's "flying" nonetheless I'd be saving Lynch for next year not risk him for some desperate last ditch run to eighth....same goes for Gibcus....a few more losses and I'd be packing away Grimes, Vlastuin, Nank & Prestia for the season as well... with no first round pick  it's not as if anyone can accuse us of tanking...:shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2139 on: June 07, 2023, 09:08:55 PM »
If he's fit I'd play him.

Has to be FIT though.

Also need to see how the next six weeks pans out.

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2140 on: June 08, 2023, 09:38:51 AM »
Don't see the point in bringing him back this season unless we somehow need to win the last couple to make finals. Get him right for a big preseason.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2141 on: June 08, 2023, 12:56:29 PM »
McQualter was asked if Lynch will return for the last month of the season. Mini said it's hard to tell when Lynch will return but when he's reached the stage that he is close we will be pushing him to play.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2142 on: June 08, 2023, 07:16:27 PM »
Don't see the point in bringing him back this season unless we somehow need to win the last couple to make finals. Get him right for a big preseason.

Does sitting the rest of season actually give him any better chance of staying for all of next season? I think we’ve just got to accept that the big fella is injury prone, he could just as easily injury something new in the pre season that he could if he plays the last 5 or so rounds of this season.

If he’s fit just play him.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2143 on: June 08, 2023, 08:30:59 PM »
If we were getting games into kids Bauer, Bradtke, Nyuon  id say don't play him. Seeing as we are not then why not play him.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2144 on: June 23, 2023, 01:54:47 PM »
From Barrett's 'Sliding Doors' column:

IF ...
there's one project the Tigers now need to push all resources into ...

THEN ...
it is this: get Tom Lynch fit. If this can happen inside the next month, then don't rule anything out.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/953818/if-the-crows-want-to-be-taken-seriously-this-year-then