Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 407209 times)

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
And where the f**k was the apology from north and any other scumbag club talking to dusty last year.  GGF AFL and Suns.   

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
Fanta pants McClure and Sam Idiot Edmund. Both bottom of the food chain ambulance chasers trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

F off u losers and enjoy the unfurling of th flag in Rd 1 you blue supporting scum

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
gee
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
I liked the honesty from Dimma, actually thought it was a little refreshing without actually dropping too much confidential information. Poor bloke got this right and now the media are giving him a hard time ::)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
everyone knows the talk that goes on. no reason to hide it. if it's limited to a trade window then fine but resigning players also ought to be limited by time windows.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Charlie Curnow out of contract..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Jon Ralph on AFL Tonight:

- Any AFL Ambassador role offered if he stays at GC would only be worth about 50k. :shh

-Richmond & Hawthorn the two main clubs in the running, Collingwood unlikely. :shh :shh

- Not about money for him, more likely to leave than to stay. :shh :shh :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
...and just to add to this....

-Richmond & Hawthorn the two main clubs in the running, Collingwood unlikely. :shh :shh

Good mates with Prestia & Caddy.....O'Meara not so much.....club very aware of this when we recruited them #allpartoftheplan.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Link to Ralph's paywall article in the HUN:

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/984006643569577986

THE AFL’s northern rivers of gold have evaporated, with only a modest AFL ambassadorship available to Tom Lynch if he stays at Gold Coast.

Lynch’s pay packet already hovers around $1 million at the Gold Coast, with the AFL adamant it would only consider a deal after he re-signed.

But the extent of the league’s crackdown on ambassadorships has emerged, with Lynch able to access as little as $50,000 from the league.

Inaugural Gold Coast captain Gary Ablett was paid around that figure as an AFLQ ambassador during his time up north.

He also had a lucrative deal with Gatorade, also an AFL sponsor, but it was not dependent on him playing with Gold Coast.

Brisbane’s Dayne Zorko receives around $25,000 as an AFL multicultural ambassador, while Eric Hipwood accepts around $15,000 as an Auskick ambassador.

The Suns confirmed they have no multicultural or Auskick ambassadors paid for by the league.

The league knocked on the head a Brisbane request for Luke Hodge to be an AFL ambassador in Queensland earlier this year.

It is a significant change for the AFL, which spent millions paying code-hoppers Karmichael Hunt and Israel Folau when they moved to expansion markets.

The Herald Sun understands former AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou spoke with the Giants mid-year to discuss ambassadorships when Lance Franklin was slated to move to GWS.

Restricted free agent Lynch has made it clear that he will wait until mid-season as he assesses Gold Coast’s progress.

But unlike Dustin Martin, his decision will not be based on accessing bigger deals from Victorian clubs.

Gold Coast has the salary cap to offer him a lucrative deal of up to seven years, having already paid him a huge wage this season.

Hawthorn and Richmond both believe they are contenders for his services, with Collingwood also interested in the star forward.

Whether he would move to Collingwood and accept the pressures of becoming their forward-line messiah remains to be seen.

AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan said at a Fox Footy launch recently that Scott Pendlebury receives the most funding as an AFL ambassador in the league.

But it is understood Pendlebury has in recent years had deals with AFL sponsors Telstra and Gatorade, so is paid by them rather than the league.

McLachlan has made clear the AFL won’t save Lynch from moving south if money is the deciding factor.

“No, let’s be really clear, he has to make a decision based on the merits,’’ McLachlan said.

“He makes a decision, if and when any player has signed, then people will go and look at it, there was some confusion around that. The highest-paid ambassadors - or the players who are getting the most ambassador money - three of the top four, I think, were with Melbourne clubs.

“That will have no bearing on whether Tom Lynch re-signs or not.’’

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
Assuming he does want to come to us, Gold Coast would still match any offer. So how would we get a trade done? Doubt they would accept this years and next years pick 18...  :lol  :lol  :lol

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Assuming he does want to come to us, Gold Coast would still match any offer. So how would we get a trade done? Doubt they would accept this years and next years pick 18...  :lol  :lol  :lol
Reece Conca - an excellent midfielder / halfback with sublime skills.
Brandon Ellis - one of the most courageous players in the AFL.

Both players were first round picks and one a premiership player.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame

There is no use matching and forcing a player to stay that wants to leave. If they finish bottom 4 then they would get a compo pick immediately after their pick so they would have two top 5 picks. They could then get a tall and a midfielder and build around them.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame

There is no use matching and forcing a player to stay that wants to leave. If they finish bottom 4 then they would get a compo pick immediately after their pick so they would have two top 5 picks. They could then get a tall and a midfielder and build around them.

Don't think its as simple as that. Adelaide matched Geelongs offer to force them to come up with a better deal. They could easily get more than a single pick inside the top 5 from quite a few teams id suspect.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT

Don't think its as simple as that. Adelaide matched Geelongs offer to force them to come up with a better deal. They could easily get more than a single pick inside the top 5 from quite a few teams id suspect.

Adelaide didn’t Match the offer, it was actually Dangerfield that told Geelong that they would need to offer fair compensation to Adelaide if he was to come over.
A trade was always going to be part of the deal.