Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 407027 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Tom Lynch to be a Tiger [update]
« Reply #915 on: September 11, 2018, 08:45:15 PM »
you literally did spend all of 2017 bagging Rioli and then stopped posting when he dominated the finals and pretty much got us into the GF :shh Hand in your badge. Back to water carrying at Coburg :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #916 on: September 11, 2018, 09:03:28 PM »
Geez he played well in the final v GWS

He was already showing plenty as all good judges of footy could tell but he rose to elite in that game

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #917 on: September 11, 2018, 09:09:14 PM »
Only a nuffy would have criticised him last year. A real tosspot would have said Castagna was the better player
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #918 on: September 11, 2018, 11:34:07 PM »
Back to the topic:

Matt, Jimmy and Tony @1278Breakfast

Here is how Brad Hardie thinks a trade for Tom Lynch would go down.

Even though Lynch is a Free Agent, Hardie believes the Suns will do a trade with the Tigers instead.

AUDIO: https://twitter.com/1278Breakfast/status/1039284927261433858

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #919 on: September 11, 2018, 11:38:22 PM »
Why? Why would they turn down pick three. It seriously makes NO sense.

Especially if we're happy to do a side trade that gives them Miles, Cellis/Bellis (or both) for steak knives.

dwaino

« Reply #920 on: September 11, 2018, 11:49:02 PM »
The AFL won’t let them burn pick 3. I reckon we’ll do a side deal to sweeten the pot.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #921 on: September 11, 2018, 11:50:02 PM »
Dew on SEN today. Talks about Lynch at 8.44 min mark.

AUDIO: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode/?id=274554

Whateley: Is pick 3 enough?

Dew: No not next year in the short term. He was our captain, a real pro and a hard worker. Hard to put a number to a real person you see day to day. So no but that may be where we land.

Whateley: Would you take it rather than haggle?

Dew: Still waiting to officially hear which club it is and what is on offer. Still a long way to play. Finals to go then trade and combine. So it's a wait and see.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #922 on: September 12, 2018, 12:35:13 AM »
Back to the topic:

Matt, Jimmy and Tony @1278Breakfast

Here is how Brad Hardie thinks a trade for Tom Lynch would go down.

Even though Lynch is a Free Agent, Hardie believes the Suns will do a trade with the Tigers instead.

AUDIO: https://twitter.com/1278Breakfast/status/1039284927261433858

Deal that might seal Lynch to Tigers

GILBERT GARDINER reports …

BROWNLOW medallist Brad Hardie has floated an ambitious trade that could help Richmond broker a deal with Gold Coast for prized free agent Tom Lynch.

Former Footscray and Brisbane Bears champ Hardie said the trade "sweetener" would stop the Suns from matching Richmond's offer for the wantaway goalkicker.

Under Hardie's proposal the Tigers would send out-of-favour midfielders Corey Ellis and Anthony Miles to the Suns, along with a pick swap late in the national draft.

The Suns will also receive a first-round compensation pick for losing co-captain Lynch.

"This looks likes being the deal for Tom Lynch," Hardie told Macquarie radio.

"Happy with this?"

Ellis, 21, was a first round draft pick in 2014 but hasn't been able to break into the senior team consistently after battling a spate of injuries early in his career.

Ex-GWS Giant Miles, 26, was last night crowned the VFL's best and fairest, tieing with Williamstown's Michael Gibbons for the JJ Liston Trophy.

The big-bodied extractor has been successful in cameo roles for the Tigers without bedding down a regular spot in the midfield.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-daily-live-rolling-footy-news-from-around-australia-september-11-2018/live-coverage/23b708ef1e7601a18ae945d4259fb661

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #923 on: September 12, 2018, 07:32:16 AM »
They won’t match and will get pick 3 as compo which is better than what any of the 3 clubs chasing him could offer. Whether we do a seperate trade with them and give them a discount in good faith for not matching is a seperate issue.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #924 on: September 12, 2018, 02:41:01 PM »
Andy Maher on SEN just said Richmond supporters would be happy if the Tigers were forced to give up next year's first and second round pick to the Suns for Lynch.

Ummm Andy, that's not free agency; that's a trade. It's also still less than the pick 3 compo the Suns will receive under F.A.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #925 on: September 12, 2018, 03:03:33 PM »
Andy Maher on SEN just said Richmond supporters would be happy if the Tigers were forced to give up next year's first and second round pick to the Suns for Lynch.

Ummm Andy, that's not free agency; that's a trade. It's also still less than the pick 3 compo the Suns will receive under F.A.

OK if they would be happy with pick 19 this year and next year - then how about we get them to lose Lynch to us under free agency and accept the compo pick. Then they trade pick 3 this year to us for our pick 19 this year and next.

See if Maher thinks that would be a good deal.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #926 on: September 12, 2018, 03:31:14 PM »
Andy Maher is a Carlton supporter. We don't have to give the suns squat. They'll get Miles and Ellis just because to create some space in
the salary cap.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #927 on: September 12, 2018, 05:40:20 PM »
Only a nuffy would have criticised him last year. A real tosspot would have said Castagna was the better player
And only a muppet would defend Bellis as a footballer the way you do.

But going off your posts it makes perfect sense, as I reckon you would be about as brave as him when not behind your computer.  :wallywink

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #928 on: September 12, 2018, 06:20:54 PM »
BEllis is ridden harder than anyone else at the club. He's got some good accomplishments. He deserves some backing.

But :lol

There it is, finally. The ol' not so subtle "I'd kick the poo out of you if we ever met."

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #929 on: September 12, 2018, 06:35:35 PM »
Hey we are all stressed out about finals but really guys??
Take a chill pill.
B Ellis played pretty well in the GF.
He puts himself on the line every game and is a player of the RFC.
Show a little respect